The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Thomas Tv Spot

I don't think that if the CRTC got laid, it would change their opinions on this showcasing child abuse of the physical kind, not the sexual kind. In the commercial, he's clearly supposed to hurt the kid.

Regardless, it's not funny anyways.

i agree with the topic starter, its a real funny commercial.

First of all the kid gets smoked by Big hurt and then comes back on the bed and says 'wow'

Secondly, it they can show wwe, csi(shows) etc

they showed it on theScore and they compared it to the A-team, they go in and shoot people but the people get up and start moving again.

But what do you expect these days.

it would have been more funny if he had used a bat...

(j/k for those who might actually get mad)

I don't think that if the CRTC got laid, it would change their opinions on this showcasing child abuse of the physical kind, not the sexual kind. In the commercial, he's clearly supposed to hurt the kid.

he's supposed to hurt him with a pillow? :mellow::blink:

Funny, I don't remember a ban on the commercial where Roy Halladay whips a rock at a bee's nest and sets them on a couple kids attracting much negative press. You wanna tell me unleashing bees on children isn't worse than responding to an invitation to pillowfight?

Regardless, THEY'RE BOTH HILARIOUS! :rolleyes:

It is funny, but people have no sense of humor. The company is just protecting itself from lawsuits. It is unfortunate no one can take a joke and that companies have to ban funny stuff, but that's the world we live in.

it would have been more funny if he had used a bat...

(j/k for those who might actually get mad)

That would have been hilarious.

lmao. that beats the troy glaus one last year when he hits the pinata at the b-day party and it goes FLYING.

i dont think it should have been banned. as someone on youtube pointed out, make the kid land on the bed... problem solved.

From my understanding the whole commercial hasn't been banned, it has been ordered to be edited to not show the child hitting the floor. Also a disclaimer has been added "Dramatization don't try this at home".

Here is a link to an article, though it isn't the original one I read. They were also forced to make changes to another commercial, not sure if it is mentioned in this article.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bbnote...0,2431708.story

As for the advertisements, I found both of them funny. Frankly, I haven't really caught them while browsing TSN and Sportsnet.

And, a little something off topic ... hey Syntax, the content of the following signature will not happen. Please look at this?

stanleycup.gif

That commercial was amusing. It does not advocate abuse to children (if so I'm in BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG trouble) But that's the media for you. Shove it down your throat one way but then geustapo it in another form. Oh well, Jays suck anyways.