The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Jays Vs Kansas City April 9th

I think it is safe to say that fan had probably had a couple beer already, thats probably where his thought process was. At least it wasnt as bad as Bartman in Chicago a few years back. I couldnt believe that they threw him out actually! I thought they would give him a warning and let him stay but nope he was outta there! By the way, it was Overbay who hit the ball.

Ok first off I don't watch baseball but somehow it was changed to the Bluejays game today and oh my god I'm glad I saw it. Bottom of the 2nd inning, Toronto loads the bases.. ummm (I forget who)... hits a fair line drive down the 1st base line and a FAN SNAGS THE BALL! WHILE IT WAS IN PLAY!! The ump rules a base clearing ground rule double and the Royals coach goes buckwild and gets ejected. The fan (middle aged guy) gets ejected, I dont know if they let him keep the ball.

What was he thinking?!?!? Ok I can see if he wasn't paying attention and looked over, saw the ball coming and grabbed it... but the bases were loaded!!!!! hell even I was paying attention!! Anyone else see this?

And the wonder why we say Leaf fans are slow hahaha

While it was obvious he made a poor decision, you could see the look on his face the second after he snagged the ball; he knew THEN that he had blown it. It was a classic 'Oh Crap' kind of look.