The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

Nba Playoffs

I intend to ignore the first round because there are almost never any upsets anyways and after that I will follow intently.

So would you consider NJ beating TOR an upset?

Speaking of PHX, is it down to Nash and Kobe for MVP? I hope Nash gets it.

Kobe?

Try Nash and Dirk

I wont watch any games but I'll follow the Raptors. Im just not big enough on basketball to watch it.

So would you consider NJ beating TOR an upset?

Yes, although I will admit, that one probably will be a close series. Mostly because Carter will be pumped to play his old team.

My predictions for the first round:

Detroit over Orlando in 4

Cleveland over Washington in 4

Toronto over New Jersey in 6

Miami over Chicago in 6

Dallas over Golden State in 4

Phoenix over Los Angeles in 6

San Antonio over Denver in 5

Houston over Utah in 7 (the only upset)

As far as MVP, I bet that Nowitzki will get it. His numbers and value are comparable to Nash but since Nash has won it 2 years in a row, I bet the toss up goes to Dirk. Arenas might have got consideration except for his injury and I dont think Kobe is in serious consideration, but I could be wrong, when you have that many 50 point games you might get your name in contention!

The GMs are saying Dirk on that vote thing

Frankly I don't think the broadcasters want to have his name with the all-time greats such as Russell, Chamberlain, and bird. They shouldn't be thinking about that but you know it went through their heads. It should be about who did the best that year.

Heck.. Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson didn't even get 3 in a row.

Nash deserves it but I think Dirk is going to win it because of that.

Looks like the Raptors are going to be out early... took a beating tonight and are now down 3-1. I was nervous to see them up against NJ in the first round.

Looks like the Raptors are going to be out early... took a beating tonight and are now down 3-1. I was nervous to see them up against NJ in the first round.

Yeah I would have rather seen them play the Arenas-less Wizards but I still thought they would show up and win this series(It could still happen, you never know, but Im not holding my breath). But how about the Warriors about to take down the Mavs? So much for my idea that there are no upsets in the first round!

Yeah I would have rather seen them play the Arenas-less Wizards but I still thought they would show up and win this series(It could still happen, you never know, but Im not holding my breath). But how about the Warriors about to take down the Mavs? So much for my idea that there are no upsets in the first round!

I don't think anyone could see that one happening. If you did, you either don't know basketball at all, or own a cool little crystal ball. Unfortunately for the Raptors, teams that trail 3-1 in a series have only comeback to win 8 times. (8-158) I am sure that is what I heard last night on the Score. Amazing stat.

My predictions for the first round:

Detroit over Orlando in 4

Cleveland over Washington in 4

Toronto over New Jersey in 6

Miami over Chicago in 6

Dallas over Golden State in 4

Phoenix over Los Angeles in 6

San Antonio over Denver in 5

Houston over Utah in 7 (the only upset)

To update your predictions,

Detroit swept Orlando (correct B) )

Cleveland leads Washigton 3-0 (so far so good :D )

Jersey leads the Raps 3-1 and has been pretty convincing (doesn't look good :( )

Shaq got swept by the Da' Bulls (WRONG! :o )

The Warriors are up 3-1 on the Mavs (Cuban is crapping himself :blink: )

Suns keep beating the tar outta Kobe, up 3-1 (Sorry Jack, Nash is the best! :P )

Spurs lead the Nuggets 2-1 (so far so good :ph34r: )

Jazz and Rockets are tied at 2 (could go either way ^_^ )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJQOnXgpi0' target="_blank">Still the best NBA commercial...[/post]

The other guy's picks

Detroit over Orlando in 4 checkmark.jpg

Cleveland over Washington in 4 checkmark.jpg

Toronto over New Jersey in 6 incorrect.gif

Miami over Chicago in 6 incorrect.gif

Dallas over Golden State in 4 incorrect.gif

Phoenix over Los Angeles in 6 - I give you 80% marks on this one.

San Antonio over Denver in 5 - If San Antonio wins tonight, count it! checkmark.jpg

Houston over Utah in 7 - checkmark.jpg (at least right now)

Is the PHX game televised right now?

I think I saw it listed on Sportsnet but the Jays are in extra innings. Should be on as soon as the baseball game ends. (I think)

Go PHX, and MIA

I know I am not much of a basketball fan, but I do believe MIA is done already???? I thought Chicago eliminated them.

SUNS WIN! SUNS WIN! SUNS WIN! Sorry Jack! Kobe can't help you now!!!! Bring on the Spurs!

(nice to see the NBA doesn't follow the rediculous re-seeding of the second round like their former protege seems to think works best :rolleyes: )

The other guy's picks

Detroit over Orlando in 4 checkmark.jpg

Cleveland over Washington in 4 checkmark.jpg

Toronto over New Jersey in 6 incorrect.gif

Miami over Chicago in 6 incorrect.gif

Dallas over Golden State in 4 incorrect.gif

Phoenix over Los Angeles in 6 - I give you 80% marks on this one.

San Antonio over Denver in 5 - If San Antonio wins tonight, count it! checkmark.jpg

Houston over Utah in 7 - checkmark.jpg (at least right now)

I didnt do too bad! 4.8 out of 8's pretty decent. (Houston pending) And I could still get part marks for Dallas and Toronto. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that at least one of those teams will come back and win their series.