The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

The Bluejays Nation

I wish that the Jays would get rid of Mr. Useless Josh Towers. How many times does he have to get shelled before they realize he's a crappy pitcher.

Well, because two years ago he had a good year with a ERA of 3.73 and they signed him to a 2yr/$8 million contract. So they have to wait it out.

I wish that the Jays would get rid of Mr. Useless Josh Towers. How many times does he have to get shelled before they realize he's a crappy pitcher.

Towers has been fine. Hes giving up around 4 runs a game and not getting any offence. hes pitched well enough to be a winning picture, but he never gets the suppport. He is a 5th starter, all you need out of a 5th starter is to give you a chance to win. How many times has he actually been shelled this season? there was 2 starts early in the year that unearned runs cost him 2 wins and then his record would look much better.

Dustin McGowan takes a no-hitter into the ninth, gives up a leadoff single, but sits down the next three to get a complete game one hitter.

Dustin McGowan: 9IP 1H 7K 0ER 1BB

The Jays close out a sweep of the Rockies; could this be the start of the Jays' second-half push that vaults them into a wild card or even past Boston (not likely the Sox are way too far out, but they said that last year...)

Dustin McGowan takes a no-hitter into the ninth, gives up a leadoff single, but sits down the next three to get a complete game one hitter.

Dustin McGowan: 9IP 1H 7K 0ER 1BB

The Jays close out a sweep of the Rockies; could this be the start of the Jays' second-half push that vaults them into a wild card or even past Boston (not likely the Sox are way too far out, but they said that last year...)

I'm hoping so...

That 9 game losing streak really screwed us over

Nice to see guys that were just put into the starting rotation just because of injuries are doing good

Lets cross our fingers that both the sox and the yanks lose today

ie Marcuum and McGowan

I'm hoping so...

That 9 game losing streak really screwed us over

Nice to see guys that were just put into the starting rotation just because of injuries are doing good

Lets cross our fingers that both the sox and the yanks lose today

ie Marcuum and McGowan

I think so too. They finally have stability in the rotation. Halladay, Burnett (whose rehab is looking good), McGowan, Marcum, Towers. 4 of those pictures are pitching well enough to win with little offence, and Towers is pitching well enough for the team to win. Their key guys are starting to heat up and if that continues, combined with them getting some healthy bodies back, they could easily go on a role. All of their starters are capable of winning, their bullpen is very good, just need the consistancy out of their offence.

I think so too. They finally have stability in the rotation. Halladay, Burnett (whose rehab is looking good), McGowan, Marcum, Towers. 4 of those pictures are pitching well enough to win with little offence, and Towers is pitching well enough for the team to win. Their key guys are starting to heat up and if that continues, combined with them getting some healthy bodies back, they could easily go on a role. All of their starters are capable of winning, their bullpen is very good, just need the consistancy out of their offence.

I'm really impressed, really. This team was thought to have a pritty bad bullpin at the start of the year. I think this team would be challenging for first in the division right now if they were all heathly at the beggining of the year. I'm really looking forward to having Reed Johnson back in the lead off role and Overbay covering first.

Still have another half of a season to play so anything can happen

According to Yahoo! Sports Reed should be back following the All-Star break and at the latest Overbay should be back mid july

Current Wild Card Standings:

wildcard.jpg

The Blue Jays next 4 series:

June 25th - 28th - Minnesota - 4 Game series

June 29th - July 1st - Seatle - 3 Game series

July 2nd - 4th - Oakland - 3 Game series

July 6th - 8th - Cleavland - 3 Game series

The Jays could gain some serious ground right before the all-star break in the Wild Card race.

Just got back from T.O..Took in a couple of ball games, they won them both.

I'm going to Ottawa and while we're their we're going to go to Toronto and watch a the Jays play the Indians on the 8th of July. :D

July 12th-19th will be big if the Jays want to move in the standings!!! Its been a while since the Jays have played the Red Soxs and Yankees

Yankees aren't that big in my mind and the Red Sox have a huge lead in the division now. Although the Sox have been struggling as of late I don't think they'll give up that lead (though I'm desperatly hopeing they will).

Yankees aren't that big in my mind and the Red Sox have a huge lead in the division now. Although the Sox have been struggling as of late I don't think they'll give up that lead (though I'm desperatly hopeing they will).

well jays have a 2 game lead on the yankees so if they are playing a 4 game series lets hope they can come out on top in that series. Wellmaybe if the Jays can get all there injured players back and the Sox start to hurt there own players the Jays can make a run at it.

Went to the Jays last game before the Mid-Summer Classic. I think we picked a good game to go to because Josh Towers had the best game in his entire career! He didn't even have a hit until the 5th or 6th and he lasted until the 8th inning :huh::blink::o . We went early to catch the batting practice. We were in right center field and my sister caught a ball and gave it to me :D:D

Well, unless they can go on a 10 game winning streak and win atleast 18 of the next 20 I don't think they have much of a chance. Hopfully we wont lose much next year and nobody will get hurt, like so many did this year.

On a positive note just ordered a Jays jersey with Halladay on the back :D.

Well, unless they can go on a 10 game winning streak and win atleast 18 of the next 20 I don't think they have much of a chance. Hopfully we wont lose much next year and nobody will get hurt, like so many did this year.

On a positive note just ordered a Jays jersey with Halladay on the back :D.

nice...there home? away? alternative? I have their alternative jersey with Halladay on the back.

Alternative. By far it's the best looking one. Thought about getting Overbay, but I picked Halladay because I think he has a bit more job security.

Alternative. By far it's the best looking one. Thought about getting Overbay, but I picked Halladay because I think he has a bit more job security.

Actually, I think Overbay's contract goes past Halladay's because Overbay just signed a 4 year extension in the offseason. but eitherway you made the right choice. I'm thinking about getting a Mcgowan jersey not that he has finally made it.

I still don't think the Jays can do it as much as I want them to. The Red Sox's are too tough to catch, and that Central is too deep to now win the Wild Card. They are set up very well for enxt year, and i just hope they don't made dumb trades at the deadline.

I think it was three year actually. But what I ment by more job security is that if JP were to go trade someone I could see him possibly being traded away. More likely then Halladay atleast. I also think Halladay has a No Trade Clause.

Intresting fact: In Frank Thomas' contract he gets a bonus if he gets a gold glove