The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

The Bluejays Nation

Another Jays win tonight. 5-3 this time. Snider powered the offense with a HR and 3 RBI.

I have to say so far Rivera has been a huge disappointment, he is 1 for 14 to start the season. I guess a positive note is he has 5 walks and only a pair of strikeouts

I am not a Rivera guy, but am not going to complain because without taking on Rivera I doubt the Jays dump Wells. I'll take it as he is a Free agent this year anyway. I agree, its tough seeing him out there but for a rebuildling team like the Jays it is what it is. He is a solid depth bat to have at least.

I like the Litsch pitched well. Litsch to me is very key to the Jays beucase without him their depth becomes a little suspect. Without maybe the true number 1 yet, depth in the rotation is going to be so key and if Litsch can maintian his potential at the very least you have a very solid 4/5 guy to send out.

Well today is the first game where I think John Farrell made a really poor choice. I hated that he went to frasor in the 8th. IMO, Frasor just cannot come in in a tight game he seems to rattle way too easily. Plus his breaking stuff is so inconsistant wild pitches like that can happen. Not a sound choice by Farrell but that is going to happen. I would have rather seem him go with just about anyone other than frasor in that circumstance.

I was hopefully Frasor was going to be gone this offseason and I think he will be next year. He just is too inconsistant as a reliever.

I didn't realize today was an afternoon game, working midnight shifts makes it hard to watch anything. Still I'm not too upset with a 4-2 start to the year. Let's just hope they can keep it up.

Well today is the first game where I think John Farrell made a really poor choice. I hated that he went to frasor in the 8th. IMO, Frasor just cannot come in in a tight game he seems to rattle way too easily. Plus his breaking stuff is so inconsistant wild pitches like that can happen. Not a sound choice by Farrell but that is going to happen. I would have rather seem him go with just about anyone other than frasor in that circumstance.

I was hopefully Frasor was going to be gone this offseason and I think he will be next year. He just is too inconsistant as a reliever.

I don't mind Frasor I just don't like him past the 7th or coming in inheriting runners like today, I think it was a move hoping for a couple of strikeouts. I would have gone with Camp in that situation I think he would be more capable of getting a ground ball where they could have a play at the plate or at least give up the run but not allow Crisp on base. Right now though I think Frasor should be one of the odd men out when Dotel and Francisco return.

I agree, but at the same time do you want a guy in your pen that is like that?

There are times Frasor looks great. He does have good stuff I just don't know if maybe his small frame or his mental approach gets int he way of his consistancy. I know they had to keep him this year but i'm hopefully they can find a solution for him in the offseason. Truth be told i'm actually really hopeful McGowan can make it as a reliever.

I agree, but at the same time do you want a guy in your pen that is like that?

There are times Frasor looks great. He does have good stuff I just don't know if maybe his small frame or his mental approach gets int he way of his consistancy. I know they had to keep him this year but i'm hopefully they can find a solution for him in the offseason. Truth be told i'm actually really hopeful McGowan can make it as a reliever.

Nope not really.

If McGowan can get his arm fully rehabbed and his stuff back I'd like to see him in a set up or closer role, I think he could be like an Isringhausen.

Looks like Dotel has been activated and Janssen has been optioned.