The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

The Bluejays Nation

Eckstein= phooey so far this year... :angry:

he did hit that great 3 run home run the other day B)

also costed the Jays a game with that poor defensive error.

The Jays as of lately have all been playing 'phooey.'

The Jays are going to be in trouble offensvily this year until they get some better leadership. As much as I like Vernon wells, he needs to seriously step up his game. I was optimistic this season, and this season still could turn around simple due to their pitching, but their hitting is embarrasing right now. the amount of double plays they hit into is just crazy. they show no intensity, no teamwork, and no real desire to win. I feel really bad for Halladay as he really seems to be the only player on their roster that was mad about the loss tonight. I just wrote a big post praising Gibbons, but i'm thinking he has to go. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt this season but i just don't feel he has enough desperations or intensity to get his team going.

The Jays are going to be in trouble offensvily this year until they get some better leadership. As much as I like Vernon wells, he needs to seriously step up his game. I was optimistic this season, and this season still could turn around simple due to their pitching, but their hitting is embarrasing right now. the amount of double plays they hit into is just crazy. they show no intensity, no teamwork, and no real desire to win. I feel really bad for Halladay as he really seems to be the only player on their roster that was mad about the loss tonight. I just wrote a big post praising Gibbons, but i'm thinking he has to go. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt this season but i just don't feel he has enough desperations or intensity to get his team going.

plus side is Scott Rolen has been doing pretty well!

I feel bad for Halladay. Can't ask anything more from him... man.

agreed. Leading the Jays into the 9th inning scoreless then losing 1-0. Must be tough!

agreed. Leading the Jays into the 9th inning scoreless then losing 1-0. Must be tough!

Yeah and hasn't he gone the full distance four times now and lost 3 of them?

Yeah and hasn't he gone the full distance four times now and lost 3 of them?

Halladay has 4 complete games and the next highest pitcher has 1.

i love our pitching staff... if we could only start hitting the ball now we would be set

yeah its funny I was looking and Halladay is the only starter with a losing record and the bull-pen is 1-6 with Accardo going 0-3.

yeah its funny I was looking and Halladay is the only starter with a losing record and the bull-pen is 1-6 with Accardo going 0-3.
halliday is goingto be a lock for the cy young if he keeps pitching this way... its too bad his run support is non-existent

I'm ready to say it,,, Gibbons HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!

LIke i've said prevousl, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to begin the season but I can't tolerate him anymore.YOu can't pin all the Jays troubles on him this year, but he still continues to make tons of exscuses for his club, show no intensity, and really show no desire to get going. He still has the attitude that the team is good enough to make the playoffs based on talent, which they are, but that they will just worry about winning in September and not now.

However, the biggest thing is just how bad he is at manaing his pitching. It made virtually no sense to bring in Camp last night, NO sense. YOu have a bullpen that has not been pitching much lately, and you fire through relievers to get to an unproven young kid??????? IN a game that you, IMO, needed to win to give your team a boost? Accardo pitched well and hardly threw any pitches and Camp was a better optino than him? What about Carelson?? Its not onloy last night either tis all the time. I was at the 2-1 loss to the Red sox last week. Gibbons had No One, not 1 person even stretching in the bullpen when Mcgowan came out for the 8th. Now Mcgowan was pitching very well, but he was at 92 pitches. A guy that young at that pitch count you have to be prepared. But not Gibbons would rather wait until his team is actually in trouble before he starts getting his relief pitching going. ON the flip side, Francona was prepared and quickly brings in Okajima when his first reliever struggled and likely saved the game because the Jays were threatening. Pretty clear difference in good manaing and abad manaing.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=tor

Blue Jays pick up pair of outfielders

Club signs free agent Wilkerson, trades for Mench

TORONTO -- The Blue Jays reeled in a pair of outfielders on Friday in an attempt to provide a boost to their bench. Toronto signed free-agent Brad Wilkerson and acquired Kevin Mench from Texas in exchange for cash considerations.

To clear room on their active roster, the Blue Jays optioned infielder Joe Inglett to Triple-A Syracuse. Left-hander Gustavo Chacin and infielder Sergio Santos were both designated for assignment by Toronto to create vacancies on the 40-man roster for Wilkerson and Mench.

Vernon Wells is injured..this sucks! he's expected to miss 6-8 weeks. He injured himself while he was making a diving catch on Friday nights game against Cleveland. Accardo is out as well and suppose to miss alot of time also.

Full story: Here

Accardo is out!!!!Nevermind he was sucking anyways but Wells is going to be huge for a team that cant score any runs anyways...

Have you noticed that Wells has been getting injured alot now ever since he signed that big contract last season?

Have you noticed that Wells has been getting injured alot now ever since he signed that big contract last season?

well rios is copying Wells play since signing a big deal so lets hope he dosent copy the injury bug too... :P

I had to laugh at the blue jays website had has an headline after the double header. "Bats silenced in game 1, come alive in game 2"

yes getting shut out in game 1 and then getting shut out till 9th inning in game 2 where you score 3 runs is coming alive...

I had to laugh at the blue jays website had has an headline after the double header. "Bats silenced in game 1, come alive in game 2"

yes getting shut out in game 1 and then getting shut out till 9th inning in game 2 where you score 3 runs is coming alive...

Actually, it was the 10th when the scored 3 runs :P

It's truly frustraiting how they are so good at home and terrible on the road. Remind you of another team in the 06-07 season?(Hint: Begins with: Fl and ends with ames).

Blue Jays Record:

Home: 10-9 (Their record doesn't really reflect how they've played at home)

Away: 8-13

Actually, it was the 10th when the scored 3 runs :P

yeah it was...I forgot :lol:

and they got shut out the game before the double header so 3 straight games (without the extras) they got shut out...so bad...

Some random thoughts and observations following the Jays 3-2 defeat to the Mariners in extra innings tonight: (Might I add after they threw away a chance to at least tie in the bottom of the 10th, with the bases loaded and no outs...and got nothing. AGAIN. Pathetic.)

Barajas is ten times better than Zaun, I hope they keep the little runt out of the lineup.

Lyle Overbay is friggin' useless. And ugly.

Great to have Vernon Wells back in the lineup.

The pitching, bullpen included, has been outstanding. Especially Halladay and Marcum.

Trading Glaus for Rolen might be the best move the Jays have ever made. Releasing Reed Johnson to get Shannon Stewart back on the other hand....not so much.

Eckstein annoys me, and although he's no good at the dish, I can't wait to see Jonny Mac get back in there.

How many baserunners have the Jays stranded this season? I haven't seen a stat but they've got to be leading the majors, which is terrible.

I miss Aaron Hill. That is all.

Reed Johnson showed the Jays why they should have never let him go today, hitting a 3 run shot at the Rogers Center in T.O. I hated that they cut him the day it was announced, I've been hating it all season as Johnson has helped the Cubs to the best record in baseball as a serviceable outfielder, I hated it last night as he took the plate to a long, standing ovation from the Blue Jays nation, and I hated it this afternoon when he took Halladay deep. Why Ricciardi decided to cut one of the franchise's most popular players for Shannon Stewart, I'll never understand. It was a bad move from the start and it bit the team in the Gary Bettman today.