The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

The Bluejays Nation

Reed Johnson showed the Jays why they should have never let him go today, hitting a 3 run shot at the Rogers Center in T.O. I hated that they cut him the day it was announced, I've been hating it all season as Johnson has helped the Cubs to the best record in baseball as a serviceable outfielder, I hated it last night as he took the plate to a long, standing ovation from the Blue Jays nation, and I hated it this afternoon when he took Halladay deep. Why Ricciardi decided to cut one of the franchise's most popular players for Shannon Stewart, I'll never understand. It was a bad move from the start and it bit the team in the Gary Bettman today.

Agreed.. Johnson even had a WAY better preseason than Stewart yet they still cut Johnson.. In retrospect, I'd rather have Johnson on the bench for an outfielder than Mench or Wilkerson.

Jays need a true left handed power bat very badly.

And they need BJ to get a lot better.

But they are still in the race, and haven't even played well.

They need Delgado back :(

Jays need a true left handed power bat very badly.

And they need BJ to get a lot better.

But they are still in the race, and have played like total complete and utter crap..

Fixed.

uhh...

The Dodgers lost last night. Nooo, not again. Same score, too.

I missed the game. Wanted to see Manny in blue

also wanted to see Clayton Kershaw pitch. (he's also my lover. :lol: (my friend's and I have a whole little circle like thing gonig) ) Clayton is a pretty damn good pitcher!

Lets go Angels!!!!

lol ive always been an angels fan idk why, probably because my favorite player growing up was rod carew

always kinda liked the blue jays, i remember their WS run in 93, man what a finish. Was more of an expos fan though, still mad over their departure

Dodgers beat the Giants today 6-2 wahoo

Dodgers beat Cardinals yesterday to avoid a sweep. Kershaw allows one run. Clayton [Kershaw] throws 108 pitches and 66 were strikes.

Of course Manny gets a 2-home one dinger!

Juan [Pierre] gets a triple

James [Loney] gets a single

of course all in all!

I've been a Dodgers fan for 12 years now.

I hope Burnett doesn't exercise his escape clause this summer... he has really found something with Cito as the manager... does anyone know of any sites to find info on MLB player contracts?

I hope Burnett doesn't exercise his escape clause this summer... he has really found something with Cito as the manager... does anyone know of any sites to find info on MLB player contracts?

I hope he doens't either, but so much of me knows he will. Last summer I actually didn't think he would because with his inconsistancies I don't think he would have got much more. However, with the way he is pitching this year it may finally signal to teams that the AJ Burnett they've always looked for has finally arrived. That will make him one of the most attractive FAs seeing how I personally believe his stuff is in the top 10 in the majors. Plus, Pitchers always seem to pitch their best in contract years.

I'll miss him, but the silver lining is that it gives the Jays money to go and get a bat. Between Mcgowan, Marcum, Litsch, Purcey, and possible a lower key FA I think they can make up AJ's stats. However, I think to be true contenders they need a 30HR, 100RBI guy in the middle of their lineup. Possibly a Texiera (Fa this summer who the Angles have already said they can't resign) to give them some more pop.

I hope he doens't either, but so much of me knows he will. Last summer I actually didn't think he would because with his inconsistancies I don't think he would have got much more. However, with the way he is pitching this year it may finally signal to teams that the AJ Burnett they've always looked for has finally arrived. That will make him one of the most attractive FAs seeing how I personally believe his stuff is in the top 10 in the majors.

I agree that AJ has some of the best stuff in the Major leagues. It's always seemed like confidence was a huge factor with AJ, and ever sense Cito took over he really turned himself around.

Plus, Pitchers always seem to pitch their best in contract years.

Except for Halladay, he does good every year :P

I'll miss him, but the silver lining is that it gives the Jays money to go and get a bat. Between Mcgowan, Marcum, Litsch, Purcey, and possible a lower key FA I think they can make up AJ's stats. However, I think to be true contenders they need a 30HR, 100RBI guy in the middle of their lineup. Possibly a Texiera (Fa this summer who the Angles have already said they can't resign) to give them some more pop.

I'd really love a guy like Teixeira, but the Jays would have to unload Overbay to fit him in. If you get rid of Overbay's salary then I think they have a SLIGHT chance to sign him.. But once you sign Teixeira, which I'm sure would be a long term contract similar to Wells' contract, then you have a real problem with snider coming up in your system. Lind has turned out to be a solid presence at the plate and a fairly good Left Fielder.. And the only other place you'd have to put Snider is 1st base. You maybe stick him in the DH for a while, but you wouldn't want to stick a guy like that in to a place that could stump his development fielding wise.

Purcey was supposed to be one of the better Blue Jays prospects, but I never feel comfortable when he's on the mound. I say put him back down in AAA for a bit longer and hope he matures a bit more. Though, I'm actually fairly fine with our starting rotation, even without AJ.

Now to move on to another stupid move by JP.

In other moves, Toronto sent catcher Robinzon Diaz to the Pittsburgh Pirates, completing the trade for utilityman Jose Bautista.

Bautista was acquired by Jays on Aug. 21 for a player yet to be named.

Diaz, who is currently with Syracuse, was once seen as the club's catcher of the future, but he became expendable with the development of well-regarded catching prospects J.P. Arencibia, who is in double-A, and Brian Jeroloman, who's in triple-A.

He appeared in only one game with Toronto, a 5-3 loss at Tampa Bay on April 23, going 0-4 as a designated hitter.

Diaz has appeared in 36 games for Syracuse, hitting .244 (32-131) with seven doubles, one triple, one home run and 13 RBI.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/''>http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/' target="_blank">http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/[/post]

When I first found out about the Jays aquisition of Jose Bautista I was fairly satisfied, although I saw the potential for it to be a loss when the deal said "for a player to be named later." Turns out my suspicion was correct. Diaz has often been considered the Jays #2 Hitting prospect behind Snider. I'm trying to think of what was going through JP's mind. I think it was something along the lines of: "Hmmm... We can aquire a second rate third baseman who can hit home runs agianst lefties in exchange for our #2 hitting prospect that just happens to be a catcher. Well, we have Rod Barajas so we obviously don't need a catcher right away. I'll do it!"

Why don't they just fire J.P. already.. Everytime you think "Well, it can't get worse than that"... it does..

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/''>http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/' target="_blank">http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/[/post]

When I first found out about the Jays aquisition of Jose Bautista I was fairly satisfied, although I saw the potential for it to be a loss when the deal said "for a player to be named later." Turns out my suspicion was correct. Diaz has often been considered the Jays #2 Hitting prospect behind Snider. I'm trying to think of what was going through JP's mind. I think it was something along the lines of: "Hmmm... We can aquire a second rate third baseman who can hit home runs agianst lefties in exchange for our #2 hitting prospect that just happens to be a catcher. Well, we have Rod Barajas so we obviously don't need a catcher right away. I'll do it!"

Why don't they just fire J.P. already.. Everytime you think "Well, it can't get worse than that"... it does..

obviously Diaz isn't living up to the hype if he is hitting .244

I agree that AJ has some of the best stuff in the Major leagues. It's always seemed like confidence was a huge factor with AJ, and ever sense Cito took over he really turned himself around.

See I don't relate it to Cito. He's pitched that way all year, he just didn't have run support. Both he and Docs numbers improved after Cito, but I think it has more to do with run support than his actual pitching. Cito should get some, very small credit, but I think Burnett has been pitching this way all year. Which leads me to believe he is pitching for FA.

I'd really love a guy like Teixeira, but the Jays would have to unload Overbay to fit him in. If you get rid of Overbay's salary then I think they have a SLIGHT chance to sign him.. But once you sign Teixeira, which I'm sure would be a long term contract similar to Wells' contract, then you have a real problem with snider coming up in your system. Lind has turned out to be a solid presence at the plate and a fairly good Left Fielder.. And the only other place you'd have to put Snider is 1st base. You maybe stick him in the DH for a while, but you wouldn't want to stick a guy like that in to a place that could stump his development fielding wise.

I would love to unload Overbay. I use to like him, but now he is jsut another average hitter in a lineup full of average hitters. I won't be upset if he is on the team next year, but I woudl take Teixeira over him in a second.

I don't think it impact it that much. Snider, from everything i've read is likely 2-3 years away. By that time the Jays will need a full time DH as Matt Stairs is done so you could easily have Lind DH, cause IMO he is an average fielder anyway, and Snider take over full time at left.

Purcey was supposed to be one of the better Blue Jays prospects, but I never feel comfortable when he's on the mound. I say put him back down in AAA for a bit longer and hope he matures a bit more. Though, I'm actually fairly fine with our starting rotation, even without AJ.

As am I. Obviously its better with AJ in it, but I see Mcgowan as almost like an AJ clone so if he is healthy I expect him to take a bulk of those numbers AJ put up this year. Also keep in mind the Jays were in a similar boat last year with AJ not pitching like this. If AJ goes, they'll be fine.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2008/08/25/jays_mench/

Diaz was a great prospect a couple seasons ago, but he is on the downturn. That being said I still wouldnt' deal him away, but they are pretty deep at catcher as it is.

However, there is no question JP is on borrowed time. IMO, he'll get one more season becasue he and the organization are able to look at the success Cito has had with the team and thus blame it on Gibbons. I htink thats partly fair, but at the same time it was JP who stuck with Gibbons, IMO, way too long.

I think he'll get one more year, but then if no playoffs, no JP regardless of what happens. He is really out of excuses then.

See I don't relate it to Cito. He's pitched that way all year, he just didn't have run support. Both he and Docs numbers improved after Cito, but I think it has more to do with run support than his actual pitching. Cito should get some, very small credit, but I think Burnett has been pitching this way all year. Which leads me to believe he is pitching for FA.

I have to disagree there.. Granted, the offensive post Gibbons has contributed, but I don't think that's the biggest reason. If you look at the losses before and after Gibbons the Jays offensive numbers are fairly consistent. Sense Cito took over, AJ has only put up more than 5 ER in a game and that was the no decision on August 24th against the Red Sox(A game they would have run if Matt Stairs wasn't so dang slow!). Just watching through the entire year, in the Gibbons era, AJ often had trouble controlling his Curveball, now it's one of his his go to pitches. It's small things like those that has made AJ so much better than how he was at the beginning of the year.

I would love to unload Overbay. I use to like him, but now he is jsut another average hitter in a lineup full of average hitters. I won't be upset if he is on the team next year, but I woudl take Teixeira over him in a second.

I don't think it impact it that much. Snider, from everything i've read is likely 2-3 years away. By that time the Jays will need a full time DH as Matt Stairs is done so you could easily have Lind DH, cause IMO he is an average fielder anyway, and Snider take over full time at left.

Fair enough. I'm actually content with Overbay too, but we need another power hitter and the only place you could really stick a guy like that is 1B, SS, or DH. With no real power SS available DH would probably be your best bet. Stairs will likely be gone by the end of this year anyways so you could put Overbay in there and stick Teixeira at 1st :D .

Snider seems like a very big guy.. I know Lind is often considered "below average" outfielder, but how much better can snider be when he looks like he's as fast as Matt Stairs or Rod Barajas. I've been pretty happy with Lind's defense so far this year too.

As am I. Obviously its better with AJ in it, but I see Mcgowan as almost like an AJ clone so if he is healthy I expect him to take a bulk of those numbers AJ put up this year. Also keep in mind the Jays were in a similar boat last year with AJ not pitching like this. If AJ goes, they'll be fine.

Agreed. The Jays really have a good solid group of young pitchers, which saves a lot of money. If Mcgown and Marcum weren't so young you'd probably be looking at 5-7 million which would hurt a lot under the Jay's already tight payroll.

Diaz was a great prospect a couple seasons ago, but he is on the downturn. That being said I still wouldnt' deal him away, but they are pretty deep at catcher as it is.

During last season, I really liked Curtis Thigpen. I wish they would give him a everyday position like they did with Lind. But I guess you can't really bench the best catcher's ERA in the Majors in Barajas.

However, there is no question JP is on borrowed time. IMO, he'll get one more season becasue he and the organization are able to look at the success Cito has had with the team and thus blame it on Gibbons. I htink thats partly fair, but at the same time it was JP who stuck with Gibbons, IMO, way too long.

I think he'll get one more year, but then if no playoffs, no JP regardless of what happens. He is really out of excuses then.

I'm sure he will get one more year, even though I dread the thought.

I have to disagree there.. Granted, the offensive post Gibbons has contributed, but I don't think that's the biggest reason. If you look at the losses before and after Gibbons the Jays offensive numbers are fairly consistent. Sense Cito took over, AJ has only put up more than 5 ER in a game and that was the no decision on August 24th against the Red Sox(A game they would have run if Matt Stairs wasn't so dang slow!). Just watching through the entire year, in the Gibbons era, AJ often had trouble controlling his Curveball, now it's one of his his go to pitches. It's small things like those that has made AJ so much better than how he was at the beginning of the year.

I think Cito has helped, no question. I think hes helped virtually everyone. I just don't think he has helped as much as some people. think. Even if Gibbons had remained the manager, I think AJ was looking at approximately 15-18 wins they way he was pitching this season. But your right, his curveball has been better lately. LIke i said, i do give cito credit.

Fair enough. I'm actually content with Overbay too, but we need another power hitter and the only place you could really stick a guy like that is 1B, SS, or DH. With no real power SS available DH would probably be your best bet. Stairs will likely be gone by the end of this year anyways so you could put Overbay in there and stick Teixeira at 1st :D .

I'd like to ideally try to trade Overbay et other, maybe some bull pen arms, to try and get an everyday SS. Then sign Texeria, stick him at first/dh.

Stairs, if i'm not mistaken, has one more year on his deal and i'll thikn he'll stay. Hes done about as well as expected, and is like another coach. They'll keep him just for that reason alone.

Snider seems like a very big guy.. I know Lind is often considered "below average" outfielder, but how much better can snider be when he looks like he's as fast as Matt Stairs or Rod Barajas. I've been pretty happy with Lind's defense so far this year too.

I'm ok with Lind's D but I just know it isn't great. From all i've read, Snider is a 5 tool player so he sounds like he should be a better fielder than lind. Wait and see i guess. Baseball prospects seem to be the hardest to project.

During last season, I really liked Curtis Thigpen. I wish they would give him a everyday position like they did with Lind. But I guess you can't really bench the best catcher's ERA in the Majors in Barajas.

I'm sure he will get one more year, even though I dread the thought.

I stil woudn't count of Thigpen, espcially with Zaun FINALLY likely leaving this offseason. Barajas has been good but they'll need a back up catcher.

All in all, if the Jays lose AJ and pick up an everday SS and a big bat. I'd be happy.

If they can keep AJ, i still think they need another bat. Either way, I still like the way they sit going into next season but if they struggle next season I expect JP gone. I"M iffy on JP. I like alot of what he has done, but then its just the odd little move that he fails with. As far as personnel goes, I think hes done a great job. When you look at the lineup, alot of it is JP drafts/pickups especially the pitching. However, he stuck with Gibbons too long, and at the end of the day the Jays still havn't been able to get that close to the playoff despite the payroll. At the end of the day, that falls on his shoulders, but even if he were to be fired tommorow he has the Jays WAY better off than when he got there.

EDIt:

Guess I was wrong about Staris

Jays Trade Stairs to Phillies

I'm a little suprised. Staris was a great bench player/team mate to boot, but they are running out of roster spots and I think they want to give Snider a shot in the bigs soon. If I recall, he was recalled after Stairs was traded.

It great seeing Stairs get a chance at the playoffs (although I am still rooting for the Mets in the NL East)... but I think this is also a great move for the Jays... now it give the DH spot to Inglett or Scudaro when guys are coming back from injury... speaking of injuries... any news on Aaron Hill?... how about Rolen? or Eckstein?

It great seeing Stairs get a chance at the playoffs (although I am still rooting for the Mets in the NL East)... but I think this is also a great move for the Jays... now it give the DH spot to Inglett or Scudaro when guys are coming back from injury... speaking of injuries... any news on Aaron Hill?... how about Rolen?

Don't have a link, but Hill is done for the year. HIs concussion was much worse than previously thought and he jsut started riding a bike about a week ago. They've decided to shut him down for the year.

Rolen could see some action here and there down the stretch, but given the the jays are essentially out of the playoffs they'll likely shut him down too.

I'm excited to see what Snider can do with some Major League ABs. Though, I wouldn't be suprised if it's just average.

On a way different note, I hope Janssen can come back next year and do similar things to what he did before he injured himself. I was really looking to the Janssen, Accardo, BJ Ryan combo last year.

Don't have a link, but Hill is done for the year. HIs concussion was much worse than previously thought and he jsut started riding a bike about a week ago. They've decided to shut him down for the year.

Rolen could see some action here and there down the stretch, but given the the jays are essentially out of the playoffs they'll likely shut him down too.

do you know where to find MLB contract info?

I was roaming the web when I found this link to support your statement

BOSTON -- It has been suggested for months that second baseman Aaron Hill could miss the remainder of the season. Now the club has made it official: Hill will not return to Toronto's lineup until 2009.

Hill has been sidelined with post-concussion syndrome since late May and hasn't reached a point where he's near being ready to return. With the season winding down, the Blue Jays simply don't have enough time to get him back into game shape.

"From an analysis standpoint, he's doing better," general manager J.P. Ricciardi said. "But from an 'OK to go out and run around and do everything' [standpoint], he's not even close to that. So he's done for the year, which is unfortunate."

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080819&content_id=447675&vkey=news_t552&fext=.jsp&sid=t552' target="_blank">http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...sp&sid=t552[/post]

------------------------------

do you know where to find MLB contract info?

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/toronto-blue-jays_05.html' target="_blank">http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/t...ue-jays_05.html[/post]

I've always loved the clause in AJ's contract

"deal includes 8 round-trip limousine trips per season between Toronto & Burnett's Maryland home for his wife"

And a clause that was on FRANK THOMAS' contract. It was also in his contract while in TO:

"$50,000 bonus for Gold Glove"

--------------------------

The Fredericton native will join the Phillies in a deal that both clubs were putting the finishing touches on Friday. ESPN is reporting that the Jays will receive left-handed minor league pitcher Fabio Castro. He is 8-4 with a 4.71 ERA overall and had been playing with Triple-A LeHigh Valley.

The Jay's AAA team played Triple-A LeHigh Valley yesterday... Twice! Couincedence? I think not.

It would be more of a couincedence if he actually pitched against them. They play 2 more games agianst LeHigh, one tonight and one tomorrow , so I'm guessing that's when Castro was supposed to pitch.

I think I'll like this guy just because his name is Fabio.. Common, how can you hate a guy with a name like Fabio!

--------------------------------------

I'm a little suprised. Staris was a great bench player/team mate to boot, but they are running out of roster spots and I think they want to give Snider a shot in the bigs soon. If I recall, he was recalled after Stairs was traded.

Replacing Stairs on Toronto's roster is a top outfield prospect, Travis Snider, who had his contract purchased from Triple-A Syracuse

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080829&content_id=452084&vkey=news_t552&fext=.jsp&sid=t552' target="_blank">http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...sp&sid=t552[/post]

Snider is playing in LF tonight and hitting in the nine hole with Lind DHing :o . Imagine that.. Getting your first ever Major League start in the Jays last ever series at the old Yankee Stadium.

Your predictions are turning out wrong all over the place! :P Rolen is starting at 3B tonight.

In Travis Snider's first game as a Blue Jay he went 1-3 with a Ground Rule Double and a run. Made a couple of really good catches, too. He had a chance to be the hero in the bottom of the eighth, but struck out.

Winning pitcher - Carl Pavano (2-0)

Losing pitcher - A.J. Burnett (16-10)

SV - Mariano Rivera (32)

Snider is playing in LF tonight and hitting in the nine hole with Lind DHing :o . Imagine that.. Getting your first ever Major League start in the Jays last ever series at the old Yankee Stadium.

Your predictions are turning out wrong all over the place! :P Rolen is starting at 3B tonight.

I didn't say they would shut him down right away, I just dont' think he'll play out the season unless his shoulder responds to the rest. If it doesn't, which be the looks of it it won't, then I see them shutting him down rather than doing this play, then get a week off, then play again.

Looking forward to seeing how Snider will do. If he is ready earlier than expected than maybe they can get the extra pop intheir lineup without having to go into FA. Could look at trade options with guys like Overbay and maybe a bull pen arm with Jansen being back next season.

Could look at trade options with guys like Overbay and maybe a bull pen arm with Jansen being back next season.

From what I'm reading else where, a lot of people are thinking that Janssen wont return to 2007 form. I'm hopeing they're wrong because the Jays would continue to have one of the strongest bullpins in the league with: League, Tallet, Janssen, Accardo, Downs, Ryan (Hopefully the off season will help him return to his pre tommy john surgery form).

If eckstein is going today, or any other players, we should hear of it within the next few hours.

Seeing as it was the last ever game at Yankee stadium, I'll post the post game report.

----

August 31, 2008

Toronto 6, N.Y. Yankees 2 at Yankee Stadium

Toronto Record: (70-66)

N.Y. Yankees Record: (72-64)

Winning pitcher - Roy Halladay (17-9)

Losing pitcher - Andy Pettitte (13-11)

..........................1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9....R...H....E

Toronto............3..1..0..0..0..0..2..0..0....6...10..0

N.Y. Yankees..0..0..0..1..0..1..0..0..0....2...8....0

TOR HR - S. Rolen (8)

NYY HR - J. Giambi (28) A. Rodriguez (29)

Last Blue Jay pitcher to win a game at old Yankee Stadium - Roy Halladay (How deserving)

Last Blue Jay pitcher to lose a game at old Yankee stadium - AJ Burnett

Last Blue Jay pitcher to pitch at old Yankee Stadium - Brandon League

Last Blue Jay player to earn a RBI at old Yankee Stadium - David Eckstein

Last Blue Jay player to earn a Run at old Yankee Stadium - Marco Scutaro

Last Blue Jay player to have an At Bat at old Yankee Stadium - David Eckstein

Last Blue Jay player to earn a walk at old Yankee Stadium - Vernon Wells

Last Blue Jay player to Strikeout at old Yankee Stadium - David Eckstein

Last Blue Jay player to ground out at old Yankee Stadium - Jose Bautista

Last Blue Jay player to pop out at old Yankee Stadium - John McDonald

Last Blue Jay player to fly out at old Yankee Stadium - Adam Lind

Last Blue Jay player to earn a hit at old Yankee Stadium - David Eckstein

Last Blue Jay player to single at old Yankee Stadium - David Eckstein

Last Blue Jay player to double at old Yankee Stadium - Marco Scutaro

Last Blue Jay player to triple at old Yankee Stadium - Vernon Wells

Last Blue Jay player to earn a Home Run at old Yankee Stadium - Scott Rolen

Last Blue Jay player to play Catcher at old Yankee Stadium - Rod Barajas

Last Blue Jay player to play First Base at old Yankee Stadium - Lyle Overbay

Last Blue Jay player to play Second Base at old Yankee Stadium - Marco Scutaro

Last Blue Jay player to play Third Base at old Yankee Stadium - Scott Rolen

Last Blue Jay player to play Shortstop at old Yankee Stadium - John McDonald

Last Blue Jay player to play Right Field at old Yankee Stadium - Alex Rios

Last Blue Jay player to play Centre Field at old Yankee Stadium - Vernon Wells

Last Blue Jay player to play Left Field at old Yankee Stadium - Joe Inglett

Last Blue Jay player to DH at old Yankee Stadium - David Eckstein

With Cito at the helm, the Jays have a win % of .600 or has gone 36-29 (As of September 5th, 2008 11:50AM). To put that in to perspective, Boston has a win % of .590 and TB's is .610.

With Cito at the helm, the Jays have a win % of .600 or has gone 36-29 (As of September 5th, 2008 11:50AM). To put that in to perspective, Boston has a win % of .590 and TB's is .610.

Cito's been great. Really makes you wonder why JP stuck with Gibbons so long. The huge May was actually the worst thing. It bought Gibbons more time. If the had of fired Gibbons earlier they likely are in the playoff race instead of being a spoiler.

Travis snider has been great too. Pretty awesome for a guy taht young to come in and almost not miss a beat. Big night last night, but he has been swining the bat very well since coming off. Most player's take a least a few games to adjust to big league pitching and it doesn't seem like he has at all.