The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nfl Draft

Well, personally i would say its because they know they pretty much have Trent Green on the way. the did draft a guy in the 2nd that they like, so likely ginn gives you an offensive weapon that gives the offence some long term potential, but also an immdiate help in the return game. then Cameron can mold his other QB to eventualy play.

Cam Cameron has pretty much come out and said that this team is not close, offensivly, to be a playoff or elite team. Its a work in progress and thats why i see them drafting a less polished QB alone with a potentiall dangerous offensive weapon.

Well, personally i would say its because they know they pretty much have Trent Green on the way. the did draft a guy in the 2nd that they like, so likely ginn gives you an offensive weapon that gives the offence some long term potential, but also an immdiate help in the return game. then Cameron can mold his other QB to eventualy play.

Cam Cameron has pretty much come out and said that this team is not close, offensivly, to be a playoff or elite team. Its a work in progress and thats why i see them drafting a less polished QB alone with a potentiall dangerous offensive weapon.

Watch the dolphins win the 07-08 super bowl :ph34r: You'll see

I think Cleveland made out best in the draft getting both Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas. Both we're in the "Who is your first overall pick" poll.

Yeah...im not suprised so many teams passing on quinn but...when i look at...he was very inconsistent and innacurate...losing to lsu, etc.. but..im glad hes going back to his home town in clevland

Trent trade not as imment as one thought? I heard it was supposed on day 2 of the draft.

I'd like to give Culpepper another year.. who knows maybe he'll go back to the "old Culpepper".

I'm just annoyed that my Chris Leak wasn't drafted!! RAWR... >:o

Too short, unfortunately. I love Chris Leak and his arm is incredible, but at 5-10 or so he is facing a pretty uphill battle. However, he has been signed as an undrafted free agent by the Chicago bears.

Trent trade not as imment as one thought? I heard it was supposed on day 2 of the draft.

I'd like to give Culpepper another year.. who knows maybe he'll go back to the "old Culpepper".

KC is still trying to call the Dolphines bluff and get more than a 6th rounder.

However, Trent Green has said he will never again play in KC, and KC has said Trent Green will never play in KC again. Miami is really the only team interested and the only place TG wants to go. A deal is still likely to place, or TG can even be released.

Too short, unfortunately. I love Chris Leak and his arm is incredible, but at 5-10 or so he is facing a pretty uphill battle. However, he has been signed as an undrafted free agent by the Chicago bears.

KC is still trying to call the Dolphines bluff and get more than a 6th rounder.

Well, even though I'm a Florida grad, I can't help but feel like asking the Bears if they've learned anything about Florida QBs in the NFL (Exhibit A: Rex Grossman). Blahh... I just hope Leak lives up to my expectations...

Well, even though I'm a Florida grad, I can't help but feel like asking the Bears if they've learned anything about Florida QBs in the NFL (Exhibit A: Rex Grossman). Blahh... I just hope Leak lives up to my expectations...

Yeah, going to Super bowls is a pretty steep learning curve i guess :unsure: