The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nfl Trade- Moss To New England

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/article.jsp?content=20070429_115600_4652' target="_blank">Source- Sportsnet.ca[/post]

I am not surprised that Oak would trade Moss, I am surprised that New England was the team that wanted him. The Pats definately could use some help at WR, but Moss doesn't seem to fit the tight ship image of the Patriots.

I think that is the bigger suprise, they don't need any.

Donte Stallworth

Wes Welker

Kelly Washington

All signed by the pats this season. Combined with Chad jackson (who should come back from a knee injury), Doug Gabrieal Ben Watson at TE. Thats a lot of weapons without Moss.

The issue of Randy Moss to me is less of a story just because he is finally in a program were anything less than a Super Bowl is a failure. I see Moss as extremely competitive and I think this will really re-invent his game. I see what your saying, but I don't know who could look at Bill Belichek, with his 3 super bowl rings shining in your eyes, and ask for the ball more

I just heard that it is also only a one year deal so it may be a very short experiement.

I think that is the bigger suprise, they don't need any.

Donte Stallworth

Wes Welker

Kelly Washington

All signed by the pats this season. Combined with Chad jackson (who should come back from a knee injury), Doug Gabrieal Ben Watson at TE. Thats a lot of weapons without Moss.

I just heard that it is also only a one year deal so it may be a very short experiement.

Doug Gabrial was realeased halfway through last season <_<

But i do agree they do already have a lot of weapons but when you get a reciever of mosse's caliber it can help out any team even if he does have attitude issues

Moss will help the Pats to another Super Bowl, believe it. He ran a 4.29 forty a few days before New England traded for him; he'll be re-energized, my pre-season pick for come-back player of the year.

On a similar note, Stallworth on one side, Moss on the other? Who do you double? Almost every play one of them is going to be matched up one on one with a DB, and with a QB like Tom Brady, there could be quite the airshow going on at Foxboro this season.