The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirk To Be Named Mvp

Dirk had a good season. Nash had more "help" this year than last with Stoudomire there all season. Nash is by far the more valuable player, as seen in game 2 of the second round, but if that's how the vote go so be it. I mean Thorton won MVP while not even play a full season on a team. Nash will have his own hardware this year, the more important kind.

Dirk had a good season. Nash had more "help" this year than last with Stoudomire there all season. Nash is by far the more valuable player, as seen in game 2 of the second round, but if that's how the vote go so be it. I mean Thorton won MVP while not even play a full season on a team. Nash will have his own hardware this year, the more important kind.

Who's Thorton? :P

I wish the MVP voting was done later in the playoffs. Had it been done later, Nash would have won it, because of the Mavs early exit.

I dont think Nash ever really had a shot at the MVP award this year. The NBA didnt want his name to be up there with Larry Bird, Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain as the only players to win 3 consecutive MVP awards. Even MJ didnt win 3 in a row and as good as Nash is, I dont think the league wanted to put him on that level.

I dont think Nash ever really had a shot at the MVP award this year. The NBA didnt want his name to be up there with Larry Bird, Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain as the only players to win 3 consecutive MVP awards. Even MJ didnt win 3 in a row and as good as Nash is, I dont think the league wanted to put him on that level.

Well atleast the broadcasters didn't :P

The "league" doesn't have a say ;)

Who's Thorton? :P

I wish the MVP voting was done later in the playoffs. Had it been done later, Nash would have won it, because of the Mavs early exit.

It's the season MVP, has nothing to do with the playoffs. Just like the NHL. Right now the Vezina has been won by a goaltender, just won't know who till the NHL Awards. Nash still did deserve it, but again he had more tools to use this season unlike last.

no way he was going to win it again in a row. Even if he deserved it, they wouldn't put him in that class.

Well atleast the broadcasters didn't :P

The "league" doesn't have a say ;)

You dont think the league would put a bit of pressure on broadcasters? ;) And either way, the point is still the same.