The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

Arod's Dirty Trick

:lol:

It's not even cheating, really. It's like getting mad at a guy in hockey for tapping his stick "looking for a pass" when the other team has the puck.

I agree with Barney.

If Clark wanted it, he could've easily shouted "Mine" right back and waved off the person he thought was shouting.

If anything, I think A-Rod was pretty smart for doing it.

I agree I'm tired of all this A-Rod bashing in general. So what if he makes this amount. he could still retire as the best ever. And if you were to have the chance to have a dinner with A-Rod. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb. A-Rod would be the last one you would want to punch out, unless you were a racsist alcoholic.

The bottom line is, the Yankees, dollar for dollar, are the worst team in the history of baseball. :)

I HATE YOU YANKEES!

:ph34r:

I agree with Barney.

If Clark wanted it, he could've easily shouted "Mine" right back and waved off the person he thought was shouting.

If anything, I think A-Rod was pretty smart for doing it.

Johny Mac had priority over Clark

It's not exactly a classy move, but these are professional baseball players for crying out loud. Surely they have had similar things happen to them before. Futhermore you should call for a ball (or puck) with your name attached... Ie... insert name here's ball.

It's not exactly a classy move, but these are professional baseball players for crying out loud. Surely they have had similar things happen to them before. Futhermore you should call for a ball (or puck) with your name attached... Ie... insert name here's ball.

I think it would be very funny to hear all the players in the mlb yell out their own name before catching each pop fly. Haha. Anyway, I don't think it was a classy move by any means, but I don't know how you can get upset about it. A lot of athletes push the rules of their respective leagues in order to win. I think if it had been Troy Glaus yelling "MINE!" when A-Rod was trying to catch a ball we'd have heard a lot less negative comments about it. That is all.

Oldest trick in the book......

I think the players were just angry because he made them look foolish.

The only reason this is news is because it's one more tiny thing all the haters can pin on A Rod.

Oldest trick in the book......

I think the players were just angry because he made them look foolish.

The only reason this is news is because it's one more tiny thing all the haters can pin on A Rod.

Correct, had Jeter done it people would have called it a brilliant strategy.

Yeah. But the Yankees are like tied with Tampa Bay for the division lead. (in mediocrity) Plus it wasnt cheating, there isnt a rule against it.

Correct, had Jeter done it people would have called it a brilliant strategy.

First of all, Jeter wouldn't do something like that.

I would have been equally mad at any other player doing it

First of all, Jeter wouldn't do something like that.

I would have been equally mad at any other player doing it

You absolutely certain. This shouldn't be a big deal, there is no rule stopping it, baseball has been a sport where almost everybody tries bending the rules. Steriods weren't illegal, but people still used them. Corking bats and throwing spitballs are illegal but they still happen. Those are actually cheating, yelling at a player trying to catch a ball is not. Clark should know better it's the big leagues, if its not a runner it could be a fan while going after a foul ball.

Yeah. But the Yankees are like tied with Tampa Bay for the division lead. (in mediocrity) Plus it wasnt cheating, there isnt a rule against it.

actually, the Boston Red Sox are alone in first in the division: 10 games up on the Jays; 11 games up on the Orioles, and 12.5 games up on the Stankees and the Devil Rays. they're also first in the American League, with a better winning percentage than the Angels.

and while i agree that what A-Fraud did wasn't cheating, i still HATE him. someone mentioned that it's the oldest trick in the book...well, yeah, it is. and it's done all the freakin' time. if Clark really wanted to catch that ball, he would've caught it. he's a professional baseball for crying out loud. if it's a routine play, he'll have it no problem. :rolleyes:

actually, the Boston Red Sox are alone in first in the division: 10 games up on the Jays; 11 games up on the Orioles, and 12.5 games up on the Stankees and the Devil Rays. they're also first in the American League, with a better winning percentage than the Angels.

and while i agree that what A-Fraud did wasn't cheating, i still HATE him. someone mentioned that it's the oldest trick in the book...well, yeah, it is. and it's done all the freakin' time. if Clark really wanted to catch that ball, he would've caught it. he's a professional baseball for crying out loud. if it's a routine play, he'll have it no problem. :rolleyes:

I said they were in the lead for mediocrity.

he's a professional :lol:baseball :lol: for crying out loud

:rolleyes: I'm pretty sure everyone in North America knows the Yankees are not the AL East Division Leaders...

:rolleyes: I'm pretty sure everyone in North America knows the Yankees are not the AL East Division Leaders...

and let me tell you, it's so freakin' AWESOME!!!! they're 10.5 games back of the Sox. hahaha.... :P

Let's go Red Sox!

I think it would be very funny to hear all the players in the mlb yell out their own name before catching each pop fly. Haha. Anyway, I don't think it was a classy move by any means, but I don't know how you can get upset about it. A lot of athletes push the rules of their respective leagues in order to win. I think if it had been Troy Glaus yelling "MINE!" when A-Rod was trying to catch a ball we'd have heard a lot less negative comments about it. That is all.

As stupid as it sounds, it is actually against the rules in soccer (atleast in Calgary) to call "mine" or "I got it", you have to attach a name to it... and yes it is incredibly lame, but unfortunately refs who are being anal and/or looking to penalize you call it.

As stupid as it sounds, it is actually against the rules in soccer (atleast in Calgary) to call "mine" or "I got it", you have to attach a name to it... and yes it is incredibly lame, but unfortunately refs who are being anal and/or looking to penalize you call it.

i can't see umpires calling that in baseball. :mellow: i agree it's unprofessional, but it happens a lot more than we think, i would imagine. i think it was just a big deal because it was A-rod and all the attention he attracted before the incident. :rolleyes:

i can't see umpires calling that in baseball. :mellow: i agree it's unprofessional, but it happens a lot more than we think, i would imagine. i think it was just a big deal because it was A-rod and all the attention he attracted before the incident. :rolleyes:

Oh I should hope umpires wouldn't call it, because it is a stupid rule in soccer. Personally I don't know why so many people hate A-rod so much. Maybe I don't watch enough baseball to dislike him. Meh, w.e I think people need to chill out.

Oh I should hope umpires wouldn't call it, because it is a stupid rule in soccer. Personally I don't know why so many people hate A-rod so much. Maybe I don't watch enough baseball to dislike him. Meh, w.e I think people need to chill out.

People don't like him because he's so dirty. In game 6 of the AL finals vs the red sox he knocked the ball out of the pitchers glove (but was called out on interference).

People don't like him because he's so dirty. In game 6 of the AL finals vs the red sox he knocked the ball out of the pitchers glove (but was called out on interference).

Thats one incident, the real reason people hate him happened seven years ago when the Texas Rangers offered him $250 million for 10 years and he took it, but someone else named Roger Clemens can get more for one season not even have to travel with the team on trips where he doesn't pitch, intentionally throws at heads, throws broken bats at players and has likely been on roids. Yet he's a hero.

i got called for that for the first time ever last week, twice in one game, ha. Though, I usually put my name on a ball anyway, just out of habit, so it never really effects me (minus that one game).

Oh, and I love A-Rod. When a player is that good, it is hard to dislike him for me. He plays to win, and isn't 'dirty'. I'd think it's worse to throw a pitch a guy's head (i know he doesn't pitch, just an example) than it is to call 'mine'. The only reason people come up with this 'he's dirty' is they're jealous.

i got called for that for the first time ever last week, twice in one game, ha. Though, I usually put my name on a ball anyway, just out of habit, so it never really effects me (minus that one game).

Oh, and I love A-Rod. When a player is that good, it is hard to dislike him for me. He plays to win, and isn't 'dirty'. I'd think it's worse to throw a pitch a guy's head (i know he doesn't pitch, just an example) than it is to call 'mine'. The only reason people come up with this 'he's dirty' is they're jealous.

Yeah refs seem to be calling it more lately. It's really annoying. and I must say I agree that throwing a pitch at someones head is much worse... I dunno maybe I have more diffuculty buying into the whole "dirty player" thing because of his brief stint with the cannons...

not so hard to hate him as a die-hard red sox fan. <_< especially when he so obviously slapped the ball out of arroyo's hands in the ALCS. real professional...