The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riders Vs Stampeders

It will be an interesting game on Friday...I'll be there! I know it's only preseason but the coaching staff of both teams will show what their made of and who can win the chess match.

I know the majority of you will pick Stamps...but there are just about as many Green and White fans as there is Stamps fans.

pssst, you quoted yourself

Since this is a preseason game its probably going to come down to who plays their #1 QB, top offensive/defensive linemen, etc... more. If they were to cycle through their rosters evenly I would go with the Stamps. They have stronger #2 and 3 QBs', and receivers

I wouldn't expect much out of this game because its gonna be a lot of backups playing, save for any position that there is still battles for.

That beign said, the Riders don't exactly worry me this year. New Staff and no real running back/game, that was a huge part of their game last season, is gonna make it tough for them.

I wouldn't expect much out of this game because its gonna be a lot of backups playing, save for any position that there is still battles for.

That beign said, the Riders don't exactly worry me this year. New Staff and no real running back/game, that was a huge part of their game last season, is gonna make it tough for them.

Don't worry about the running game...I'd be worried about the passing game!

The Stamps are going to put you guys to sleep. We have the better talent indeed.

The Stamps have all the Rider castoffs! So they suck! JJ. It will be interesting to see who finishes at the top this year...

The Stamps have all the Rider castoffs! So they suck! JJ. It will be interesting to see who finishes at the top this year...

B.C?

Don't worry about the running game...I'd be worried about the passing game!

I don't worry about the offence at all. The riders have a weak running game, and an overrated passing QB. part of Joseph's success was keith running ht ball and opening things up. I'd be worried about the offence if i was a Riders fan.

The Riders will actually play some of their starters to win at home. The Stamps will probably play alot of of fringe players to determine the roster.

The Riders will win. Of course, in the regular season the Stamps will sweep the series.

The Riders will actually play some of their starters to win at home. The Stamps will probably play alot of of fringe players to determine the roster.

The Riders will win. Of course, in the regular season the Stamps will sweep the series.

Most of the starters didn't go to B.C and they still won....of course the starters are going to get a chance to play before the season begins. The Riders have 6 1,000 yard receivers on the roster...I would be worried about the offense! If Joseph can't throw...he sure can run. Crandell is a great arm aswell so I am not worried. Plus its a new administration and coaching staff...which means a new offense...whole new ball game people...don't expect to see what you saw the last few years with Shivers and Barrett. With Tillman and Austin...if you're not good you won't play...it doesn't matter if you go to church with them every sunday like it was with the other two.

I expect things to be a whole lot different with these new guys.

Most of the starters didn't go to B.C and they still won....of course the starters are going to get a chance to play before the season begins. The Riders have 6 1,000 yard receivers on the roster...I would be worried about the offense! If Joseph can't throw...he sure can run. Crandell is a great arm aswell so I am not worried. Plus its a new administration and coaching staff...which means a new offense...whole new ball game people...don't expect to see what you saw the last few years with Shivers and Barrett. With Tillman and Austin...if you're not good you won't play...it doesn't matter if you go to church with them every sunday like it was with the other two.

So they'll do better than .500 this season :D

Wasn't Austin the O-Coordinator for the Riders last year? I don't follow the CFL all that much but I thought he was.

I really enjoy listening to Riders fans though. You are a dedicated and entertaining, if not delusion, lot. Kinda like Leaf fans. ;)

Wasn't Austin the O-Coordinator for the Riders last year? I don't follow the CFL all that much but I thought he was.

I really enjoy listening to Riders fans though. You are a dedicated and entertaining, if not delusion, lot. Kinda like Leaf fans. ;)

He started the season as the Argos OC and was fired a few games into the season.

He was successful there for a while, but he is a guy that doens't believe in running the ball a lot. a few years ago that was successful but the CFL is becoming a league where a good run game is essential. It'l be interesting to see if his trend continues or he mixes it up.