The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vick's Indictment

Maybe the authorities should put Vick and all of the others who were involved into the fighting pits one at a time to face a pack of rabid hounds.

Speaking of which.....

Smithers......release the hounds...

If he's guilty, I'd like to see a pack of hungry violent dogs set loose on him.

That being said, I gave up on the NFL quite some time ago...

... and I'm about to. I can't believe how bad things have become in my one-time favourite sport. Geez.

Well, if found guilty then buying my Vick jersey last year just became a waste and my Falcons need to find a new QB.

With Vick claiming that he had no idea it was going on and that his cousins were living at the place (they've been indicted as well), I have the feeling that unless concrete evidence comes out linking Vick to the dog fighting, his cousins are gonna bite the bullet for him since they're pretty much guaranteed to be found guilty.

NFL players doing illegal things? Say it ain't so!

Not like anything will happen to him...

He's going to prison. He's up on FEDERAL charges. Ask Conrad Black, Al Capone, or Wesley Snipes if being rich means the feds can't touch you. He could get upwards of 5 years, and I bet the boys in the yard don't appreciate people who screw with animals like that. Vick is FINISHED. Know why Roger Goodell hasn't suspended Vick yet? because he KNOWS that by the time all this is settled, Vick will be in PRISON, where he BELONGS.

BTW, go on espn.com and look at the NFL home page. THERE ARE MORE STORIES ABOUT PLAYERS IN LEGAL TROUBLE THAN PLAYER MOVEMENT OR FOOTBALL STORIES!!! WTF!!!!!

What is with NFL players and why they are in all this trouble is mainly due to their background. Most grew up in rough neighbourhoods and were broke, many were from single families with no father. Now they make all this money at a still young age (21 -23) and they feel on top. Not to say it's all of them there have been some positives to come out like Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin and Marshall Faulk. But, the media will never make the majority of model citizens look any good they'll just pick on the troubled ones.

On to Vick, I think everyone is jumping on him a little early. It is innocent til proven guilty and while evidence may make him look it now, it hasn't proven anything. Ray Lewis is a prime example back in 2000 of people immediately pinning him as a murderer without knowing the facts.

Maybe the authorities should put Vick and all of the others who were involved into the fighting pits one at a time to face a pack of rabid hounds.

Speaking of which.....

Smithers......release the hounds...

There was dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you!

He's going to prison. He's up on FEDERAL charges. Ask Conrad Black, Al Capone, or Wesley Snipes if being rich means the feds can't touch you. He could get upwards of 5 years, and I bet the boys in the yard don't appreciate people who screw with animals like that. Vick is FINISHED. Know why Roger Goodell hasn't suspended Vick yet? because he KNOWS that by the time all this is settled, Vick will be in PRISON, where he BELONGS.

BTW, go on espn.com and look at the NFL home page. THERE ARE MORE STORIES ABOUT PLAYERS IN LEGAL TROUBLE THAN PLAYER MOVEMENT OR FOOTBALL STORIES!!! WTF!!!!!

Ummm I doubt the "boys in the yard" give two Gary Leemans about illegal dog fighting. I'm sure you'll get the odd felon-dog-lover, but I don't think it will be a big issue if he goes to prison. Also, if he's at a Virginia/West Virginia prison - most of the guys will haved worshipped him ever since his VTech days. I would be surprised if he gets any substantial jail time (> 1 year) - as the prosecution might have a hard time proving Vick knew about the illegal activity (like somebody said above).

True, it's "innocent until proven guilty" but this is going to be a huge blow to the already damaged NFL.

Pretty sure his cousins/whoever else was living in the house are gonna get nailed. But as for Vick... who knows. I guess we'll see when he goes on trial.

If he is found guilty lock him up with a soap-on-a-rope and water bottle full of anti-depressants.

Actually if he's found guilty, I'd just as soon see him without the luxury of having soap on a rope... :ph34r:

Im a firm believer in innocent untill proven guilty, however in the court of public appeal he is already guilty and forever tarnished(which in many ways is way worse), who knows he may never play another nfl game'

The nfl needs a very strict set of guidelines regarding code of conduct with nfl players, its out of control

Im a firm believer in innocent untill proven guilty, however in the court of public appeal he is already guilty and forever tarnished(which in many ways is way worse), who knows he may never play another nfl game'

The nfl needs a very strict set of guidelines regarding code of conduct with nfl players, its out of control

The new NFL commisioner is has already put that in place. "Pacman" Jones is serving a one year suspension from the league and there a a couple of other players that have been suspended for half the season. The NFL is currently investigating Vick's conduct themselves and he has been told by the league not to report to training camp. As for any type of punishment from the league a big part of that is going to be determined on whether or not he is innocent of these crimes or had any knowledge of it going on.

Of course dog fighting is horrible, but the thing I find silly about this whole situation is the outrage over it. How many times over the last couple years have we heard about NFL players killing/raping/shooting people and its just in the news for a short time and then shifts to the back pages but this is getting sustained attention. It's pretty sad if people put the well-being of animals ahead of humans, which seems to be happening.

I'm also getting real sick of PETA camping out everywhere to try and get him suspended. Nothing has been proven yet and the NFL has come out against Vick anyways. What do they expect, a definite, prolonged suspension for alleged activities? The Cincinnati Bengals wouldnt be able to field a team if that was the case. All PETA is doing is trying to twist this around and gain the spotlight for themselves which disgusts me too.

I'm also getting real sick of PETA camping out everywhere to try and get him suspended. Nothing has been proven yet and the NFL has come out against Vick anyways. What do they expect, a definite, prolonged suspension for alleged activities? The Cincinnati Bengals wouldnt be able to field a team if that was the case. All PETA is doing is trying to twist this around and gain the spotlight for themselves which disgusts me too.

Whether Vick is found guilty or not he is, at a minimum, guilty of bad judgement. In the best case scenario for Vick, let's say he didn't know what was going on in his compound where he was the owner of several dog breeds that were bred for fighting. At a minimum he's also a liar. Early on he said that he never went there. Later he said that he rarely went there. Then his neighbours (and travel records) show that he was actually there fairly regularly.

I have no problem with what PETA is doing. If he wasn't directly involved than he turned a blind eye to it which is almost just as bad. Considering the comments from some NFL players like Clinton "I dun see notin wrong wit it" Portis, there seems to be a prevailing attitude among some NFLers that dog fighting really isn't that bad. In which case at a minimum Vick is a liar, hypocrite("I love dogs") and ignorant. Not necessarily illegal but certainly worthy of some serious backlash from groups like PETA.

However, based on the evidence I've seen (check profootballtalk.com for a lot of details on the case) Vick had some involvement and deserves to go to jail.

I'm just very impressed by what the NFL told Michael Vick. "We're conducting our own investigation to see if you violated our Players Conduct Policy." They have some darn good lawyers there. They didn't have to actually suspend him, but they didn't give him a pass either. They have instead said "The law will decide what the law decides, we're going to decide if he behaved in a fashion unbecoming of a star NFL quarterback."

Awesome lawyers everyone. That's just....art.

I'm just very impressed by what the NFL told Michael Vick. "We're conducting our own investigation to see if you violated our Players Conduct Policy." They have some darn good lawyers there. They didn't have to actually suspend him, but they didn't give him a pass either. They have instead said "The law will decide what the law decides, we're going to decide if he behaved in a fashion unbecoming of a star NFL quarterback."

Awesome lawyers everyone. That's just....art.

I'd say that's just their way of covering their own butts and getting PETA off there backs for the time being. If the NFL jumps the gun and passes judgement on Vick before the courts do and Vick is found innocent, then they have another problem on their hands. But with PETA camping outside the NFL head office and outside the Falcons training camp, allowing Vick to show up at camp could spark a huge fight where someone could get seriously hurt.

That is plain ignorant.

No kidding. Al Sharpton has already come out AGAINST Vick because of this. There's a lot more anti-cruelty to animal people than there is pro-Vick people. :P

Follow the money~

Between the animal cruelty, the drugs, and being an all around emberassment the the name athelete, I hope they hit him with the biggist book they can.