The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madden 2007 Vs 2008

New rosters and "updated" stadiums... as usual :P

That said, I would probably get or wait for 2008, just because I am the kind of sucker they target. :(

^Which system, I'm not sure about older systems but 07 on 360 wasn't it's best. I've heard alot of good about 08 though. So I'm definately waiting.

I agree. I actually stopped playing 07 on 360 because there features arn't as good I find. I find the PS2 one more enjoyable.

Yeah, EA completely ignored the next gen systems as far as gameplay and depth goes, last year. I hear they'll be giving it all they have in every console though, this year. For example, NHL 08 is MUCH deeper than last year... and will have roughly the same features across every console... even PC which they've been making just a bad PS2 port instead of next gen.

On a next gen system, Madden 08 is completely different from both PS2 and next gen Madden 07. the superstar and Franchise mode are both improved, with the Franchise mode allowing for control of stadium, coaching, prices etc. superstar there is better control of making a player and more training options.

the actual gameplay is harder, but much more realistic. Fumbles actually occur (especially when player gets fancy) the speed burst only effects the player if their speed rating is high, player has moe control of the d, and just all around much more realistic. the new player modes actually force a type of player to be good in different areas (ie, elusive back, speed receiver etc) and play to their strengths, but their weaknesses are actually they're weaknesses.

all in all, much more realistic and better game. many glitches though. I'm having problems with training mode in franchise and i've read elsewhere that some are having problems with the game freezing.

I got Madden 08 for PS3... since I've managed to brick 3 Xbox 360's and don't want to take the chance of actually playing it and breaking my fourth one... and I really, really enjoy it. The right stick thingy is very cool and makes the game a lot more interesting, in the same way the skill stick did for NHL 07.

I love Madden 08 on my Wii, except online lags tooo much for my pleasure so I only ever completed one game. I wish they would put put out a hockey game for my Wii so I don't have to play 2k7 on my ps2 and the demo of NHL 08 on my bro's 360. I'm thinking about buying NHL 08 for my bro's 360 since we share our systems.

I was at EB games yesterday and saw Madden 2007 for really cheap ($20)... Should I buy it or wait for Madden 2008 that come out on Aug 14th? Does anyone know what the differences are?

madden 08, its a little better.