The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For All The Oldtimers

I think now we hear about it more because there are so many media outlets..... Back in the day if one of the players had a contract dispute... we would never hear the real details

Now days you can find out how much each player makes/for how many years, etc

If a player does something bad you can hear about it on TV, radio, but bigger yet the internet.

The internet you can find almost anything you want to find ( and some things you don

I don't know how many times my elders when talking about sports speak of what they call the good old days. Now they hear of the players in the media like Barry Bonds, Pacman Jones, Terell Owens and such. They say that back in the day there were no problems, no contract disputes, drug issues and such. Back then every athlete was a model citizen and positive role model. Then I stumbled upon http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/07/15/gretz_doomed_to_repeat_history/' target="_blank">This article[/post] on the KC Chiefs site which paints a different picture. Which just shows the majority of negativity involved in sports occured back then too, the only real difference is the money these guys make.

Nope, back in those days we just had mostly racists players, and fans. <_<