The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A-rod Hits Home Run #500

Bronx, NY (Sports Network) - Alex Rodriguez hit career home run No. 500 as the New York Yankees downed the Kansas City Royals, 16-8, in the second of a three-game set at Yankee Stadium.

Rodriguez, who turned 32 on July 27, surpassed Jimmie Foxx (32 years, 338 days) as the youngest player to reach 500 career home runs.

Rodriguez smacked the first pitch he saw from Kyle Davies over the left field wall for his 36th home run of the season and became the 22nd player in MLB history to reach the 500 home run mark. He had gone 28 at-bats since his last home run, which occurred on July 25 against the Royals.

"It takes a lot in New York. I've conceded the fact that you can't worry yourself to hit a home run," noted Rodriguez. "I tried hard for five days, and you wish you can shake every fan's hand and thank them, but it's great to hit the home run at home and do it in a winning situation. I think I got a good pitch and gave it a ride. It was a good swing."

Full story: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=215458&hubname=mlb' target="_blank">Here[/post]

Congrats to A-rod. Being the youngest player to reach 500 is remarkable. I think he will pass Barry Bonds to be the next all time home run king.

Next on the list: Jim Thome with 490HRs.

Glad the Braves got rid of Davies!

Haha but anyway, glad A-Rod got to 500, now he can get back to his usual game without a cloud over his head.

I hate A-rod! :excl:

But he is going to break the homerun record within the next 4 years

Um, no he isn't. No chance.

To break the record in 4 years, he'd have to hit just over 60 home runs every season. Considering he's never done that and that he's only hit over 50 home runs 3 times in his career... it ain't happening.

Give him 6-7 years to break it.