The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And It Is Out Of Here!

Thank God. Now maybe we'll stop seeing it on the news up here. It's bad enough they think we care about the Jays.

Baseball BLOWS!

Amen!

No, I am not a hypocrite!

Just a thought how many of the pitchers that he's hit homers off of have been on steroids? No one knows and nobody cares, if a pitcher and batter are both on steroids who has the advantage? Bonds does deserve credit he's not the only one to use them but anyone else who has either admittingly or tested for is no where near any of his numbers, considering nobody has walked more times then him, only player to hit 500 hr and steal 500 bases. 8 gold gloves. With or without roids its still legenday now look at McGwire, Sosa, Canseco, Palmeiro and Caminiti and all you really have is pure slugger (exception of Palmeiro who had a pretty good career all-round).

I'm actually happy for him. It's hard for anyone to get that many home runs, with or without the use of roids or HGH. I hope he just enjoys the moment.

Congradulations to Barry, now he has only one thing left to complete his legacy. Come clean and admit that steroids helped him stretch his career.

Though steroids are bad for any sport, it would be funny to see all teh drugged up athletes compete against each other to see who is the real king of roids. I love that Monty Python skit "The All Drug Olympics>"

I don't care a whit for baseball, but I'm pleased for Bonds. It's a great accomplishment and he deserves congratulations, regardless of the circumstances. Certainly taking steroids is going to improve his chances, but he definitely wasn't the only one. McGwire broke the single-season HR record to great fanfare after admitting to taking nandro-somethingorother, but "he wasn't taking it anymore at the time." Bonds deserves his moment of glory. Anyone who says otherwise is just being immature.

Has it been conclusively proven that Bonds took steroids?

I'm not defending him, I just don't know personally, 'cause I was just listening to a National Public Radio broadcast (about as reliable a source as you'll find) which said that many of these steroid testing labs overplay the amount of steroid use in sports because it helps them get larger grants each year.

Anyways, so I'm just wondering, has Bonds been conclusively proven as a steroid user the way that McGuire was? Or do people just suspect he used steroids?

Has it been conclusively proven that Bonds took steroids?

I'm not defending him, I just don't know personally, 'cause I was just listening to a National Public Radio broadcast (about as reliable a source as you'll find) which said that many of these steroid testing labs overplay the amount of steroid use in sports because it helps them get larger grants each year.

Anyways, so I'm just wondering, has Bonds been conclusively proven as a steroid user the way that McGuire was? Or do people just suspect he used steroids?

Yes, it has been documented...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/index.html' target="_blank">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...erpt/index.html[/post]

Beginning in 1998 with injections in his buttocks of Winstrol, a powerful steroid, Barry Bonds took a wide array of performance-enhancing drugs over at least five seasons in a massive doping regimen that grew more sophisticated as the years went on, according to Game of Shadows, a book written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters at the forefront of reporting on the BALCO steroid distribution scandal.

^I don't buy into that article or the book too much, it says they know he started in '98, but why does it take 8 years to take it public. I believe its all certain media types who have a personal vendetta against Bonds trying their hardest to bring him down.

He admitted to it during testimony in the Balco case.

If anyones believes he actually didn't know they were steroids, then congragulations your one of the mass group of people actually naive enough to beleive him.

People don't gain 60 plus pounds in less than a decade, not to mention change body types, naturally. he went from a slender 180 pounds with good, but not great power, to a 250 pound monster who can't move well and just pounds the ball.

Either way, he is still one of the best players to ever play the game before he was every suspected of anything. Its too bad he had to taint himself. Steroids or not, he was still a multiple gold glove winner and an MVP, he would just not be the home run king or have the season record.

I have to say that was an excellent article. It even sounded like it was about someone who really loves his sport and was trying for this his whole life. The MLB spin factory did a great job on that one.

Oh Mully! If BB was on 'roids, wouldn't he have lost his sweet & SUNNY DISPOSITION....??

(OK. wHERE'S MY BIG BIRD SUIT.. COMON, GUYS, i GOTTA MAKE SESAME STREET....) :blush: