The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboys, Rangers, Astros......

alright i figure that since im living in texas i should get to know about the teams, like honestly i know nothing

can anybody tell me if the cowboys are any good?

what about the rangers?

the astros?

the longhorns?

the aggies?

the hornedfrogs?

anything you could tell me would be infinitley helpful

From what little I know about these sports...

Cowboys: Good

Rangers: Bad

Astros: Bad

alright i figure that since im living in texas i should get to know about the teams, like honestly i know nothing

can anybody tell me if the cowboys are any good?

what about the rangers?

the astros?

the longhorns?

the aggies?

the hornedfrogs?

anything you could tell me would be infinitley helpful

Umm this year both baseball teams are not doing very well... the Rangers are one of the worst teams in the major leagues. Cowboys should have an ok team this year - they have a new head coach in Wade Phillips (after Bill Parcells retired this year). Something that may come up would be last years NFC playoff game against the Seahawks, where their QB, Tony Romo, botched a hold on a field goal that resulted in a 21-20 loss. It was all over the sports news, and I'm sure Dallas fans will be very bitter about it when talking about Romo this season.

As for the Aggies and Longhorns, don't underestimate college football in the States, especially Texas. It draws the biggest crowds anywhere (I believe Penn State gets upwards of 110,000 people to a football game). Both football teams are ranked in the top 25 in the country this year, and they have a pretty fierce rivalry.

Besides that, just watch some of the games and maybe even pick a team (just one though - you can't like both!). As long as you know a little bit about the teams / sports you'll do fine. Afterall, you are a girl! ;)

Cowboys: They're America's team but they certainly aren't challenging for a SB any time soon.

Rangers: Bad. Consistently.

Astros: Bad. Occasionally good.

Longhorns: They won a national championship recently but then lost Vince Young to the NFL. They're usually one of the top 20 teams in the country.

Aggies: Not as good as the Horns but certainly a decent team.

Hornedfrogs: Gassuntheit!

I'm not sure if it's still true but a couple years ago Texas had more professional hockey teams than in all of Canada. And many of them actually did/do quite well.

Umm this year both baseball teams are not doing very well... the Rangers are one of the worst teams in the major leagues. Cowboys should have an ok team this year - they have a new head coach in Wade Phillips (after Bill Parcells retired this year). Something that may come up would be last years NFC playoff game against the Seahawks, where their QB, Tony Romo, botched a hold on a field goal that resulted in a 21-20 loss. It was all over the sports news, and I'm sure Dallas fans will be very bitter about it when talking about Romo this season.

As for the Aggies and Longhorns, don't underestimate college football in the States, especially Texas. It draws the biggest crowds anywhere (I believe Penn State gets upwards of 110,000 people to a football game). Both football teams are ranked in the top 25 in the country this year, and they have a pretty fierce rivalry.

Besides that, just watch some of the games and maybe even pick a team (just one though - you can't like both!). As long as you know a little bit about the teams / sports you'll do fine. Afterall, you are a girl! ;)

lol thanks so much

Cowboys: They're America's team but they certainly aren't challenging for a SB any time soon.

Rangers: Bad. Consistently.

Astros: Bad. Occasionally good.

Longhorns: They won a national championship recently but then lost Vince Young to the NFL. They're usually one of the top 20 teams in the country.

Aggies: Not as good as the Horns but certainly a decent team.

Hornedfrogs: Gassuntheit!

I'm not sure if it's still true but a couple years ago Texas had more professional hockey teams than in all of Canada. And many of them actually did/do quite well.

Thanks so much!

do you by any chance happen to know if Gunnar Ellenburg [think thats how you spell it(horned frogs i think he just went to TCU)] is doing well?