The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Super Bowl Poll

And that's why I drafted Brady and Moss in my fantasy football. Can anyone say 3-0?

They're in my fantasy team too.

I don't know why i'm so much into football right now.. Maybe when hockey season starts ill switch sports but for the first time in my life i am actually cheering for a football team. haha

Iggy would be an awesome RB i think haha

Pats win again 38-7 this time. I know it was against a poor bills team but we could have easily added another 2 TD's if Brady stayed in.. haha its a good time to be a pats fan

Unlike the last 6 or so years :P

Pats win again 38-7 this time. I know it was against a poor bills team but we could have easily added another 2 TD's if Brady stayed in.. haha its a good time to be a pats fan

I seriously hate the fact that they look destined for another Super Bowl and are a legitimate threat to run the table. I dont think there is a team out there that I dislike more.

I seriously hate the fact that they look destined for another Super Bowl and are a legitimate threat to run the table. I dont think there is a team out there that I dislike more.

Why is it such a bad thing? they are just an amazing team.. Brady, Moss, and Maroney are pretty much unstoppable and with Thomas to lead our defence we seem to just have an overall perfect team. Why hate them because they're good?

I hate the Colts more.

I hate the colts too, they beat us last year =( and although manning is an amazing QB, he's quite a whiner..

Why is it such a bad thing? they are just an amazing team.. Brady, Moss, and Maroney are pretty much unstoppable and with Thomas to lead our defence we seem to just have an overall perfect team. Why hate them because they're good?

I hate the colts too, they beat us last year =( and although manning is an amazing QB, he's quite a whiner..

For starters, I tend to hate dynasties. I don't know why, guess I just like cheering for the underdog. But I think with the Patriots, I can't stand "the Hoodie". He is probably my most hated coach in the league. Also the recent cheating by the Pats just reaffirms my dislike for them. (Not just the taping, but the attempt at collusion with the Vikings, and other allegations too).

The Colts however, I like. I think most of that comes back to my respect for Tony Dungy (worst move my Bucs ever made was get rid of him) and for Peyton Manning.

Overall though, I can't knock how good your team is. As much as it pains me to admit, it will take a minor miracle to stop them from winning another Super Bowl this year.

i guess not many people here like football?

well pats held the bengals to only 13 points, just 1 td and 2 field goals

i hate how people keep jynxing the pats by saying they're going 19-0..

honestly i got into football because the flames have sucked balls..

they are my favorite team but common, im sick of them playing poorly

i know its just pre-season, but give the fans a show, we deserve it

flames loose vs the vancouver AHL team.. pathetic.

i guess not many people here like football?

well pats held the bengals to only 13 points, just 1 td and 2 field goals

i hate how people keep jynxing the pats by saying they're going 19-0..

honestly i got into football because the flames have sucked balls..

they are my favorite team but common, im sick of them playing poorly

i know its just pre-season, but give the fans a show, we deserve it

flames loose vs the vancouver AHL team.. pathetic.

Almost as bad as you juding a team based on preseason results and not play......

but keeping with the topic, the Pats are easily the favorite and have looked virtually unstoppable. If they beat the Colts, then realistically i'm not there is another team that can beat them.

Bit of a Packer homer, but they are for real and are a team that can easily contend in the NFC.

Pats - 48

Cowboys 27

Who is going to beat this Pats team? I think they play Indy in early November....Thoughts?

The Pats look untouchable right now. Even with some injuries they keep rolling. I can't see any team beating them at this stage however they could have a game where they don't show up and get surprised. However, if Brady gets hurt all bets are off.

Whatever team Tony Romo is playing for. HE IS GOD...... :D

Romo is quite overrated by most fans and slightly overrated by some analysts. The guy had a couple good games last year, with some bad ones but his story made him the QB and got him into the pro bowl and not so much his play IMO.

this year he has tourched brutal defences, and when faced with a good d looks very avg. Putting up huge points against the Rams, Giants (1st week), and Fins, with probably the 2nd most balanced offencsive attack in the league is not that impressive IMO. Not that he isnt good, I just don't think he is nearly as good as most people make him out to be.

The Pats look untouchable right now. Even with some injuries they keep rolling. I can't see any team beating them at this stage however they could have a game where they don't show up and get surprised. However, if Brady gets hurt all bets are off.

I wouldn't quite say that. I have no idea how good Cassell is, you never know until he plays and he's got some very good weapons. Plus never doubt stars being made out of injuries Brady for one when Bledsoe went down, Kurt Warner when Trent Green and when Steve Young's career ended due to injuries Jeff Garcia took over. So I think it might take more than Brady to bring the Pats down.

I wouldn't quite say that. I have no idea how good Cassell is, you never know until he plays and he's got some very good weapons. Plus never doubt stars being made out of injuries Brady for one when Bledsoe went down, Kurt Warner when Trent Green and when Steve Young's career ended due to injuries Jeff Garcia took over. So I think it might take more than Brady to bring the Pats down.

Yeah but for every great story about a guy who succeeds, there are 20 more guys who fell flat on their face. He could be great, but he could be mediocre and really hurt the team too.

6 TD's for brady today and a perfect QB rating. pats offence is unstoppable (so far) but i think our D kinda blows...

I was watching the game (and previous Pats games) and their D is fine. Today, they just didn't give a crap because 1) they raced out to a 42-7 lead and 2) It's Miami. You could see it watching the game, they just didn't want to exert any effort after the first half.

It's the wrong attitude, though, even if it is the Dolphins and Belichek will probably beat them down for it. But regardless, their D is top-10 in the league, which is more than enough with the offense they have.

And BTW, every time I see Brady throw deep to Moss in double coverage with Moss coming down with it... I love it. :D

I didn't have a favourite team before the season started but the Pats are converting me (yeah I'm a bandwagoner... so what? :P)