The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Super Bowl Poll

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

60 passing td's out of reach? i think not! mwahahaha!

Its pretty easy when the rest of your division (and 6 of your games this year) are so far a combined 3-17! :P I cant wait until week 9 when they play the Colts and we see how they do against a good team!

Its pretty easy when the rest of your division (and 6 of your games this year) are so far a combined 3-17! :P I cant wait until week 9 when they play the Colts and we see how they do against a good team!

Well, we've already seen how they do against a good team in Dallas, but week 9 against the Colts is the two best teams in the league facing eachother. It should be a good game.

Well, we've already seen how they do against a good team in Dallas, but week 9 against the Colts is the two best teams in the league facing eachother. It should be a good game.

I admit that was their most impressive win of the season but Dallas isnt that amazing. Dallas has a good offense but im not sold on their defense and additionally they didnt play all that well. New England also played the Chargers before they got their act together and besides that have played some pretty terrible teams. Its easy to put up 45 points a game when the other team doesnt have a defense!

Having said all that, the Patriots look ridiculously good right now and I am just hoping that Indy shows that it is because of the light schedule they have had. Indy has looked good this year too and is getting disrespected while the Pats get all the hype.

I admit that was their most impressive win of the season but Dallas isnt that amazing. Dallas has a good offense but im not sold on their defense and additionally they didnt play all that well. New England also played the Chargers before they got their act together and besides that have played some pretty terrible teams. Its easy to put up 45 points a game when the other team doesnt have a defense!

Having said all that, the Patriots look ridiculously good right now and I am just hoping that Indy shows that it is because of the light schedule they have had. Indy has looked good this year too and is getting disrespected while the Pats get all the hype.

I agree. They haven't faced much tough opposition yet and Indy will definitely give them a run for their money if not beat them. The Baltimore and Pittsburgh games later in the season should be good tests as well for the Pats, with those two probably providing the toughest defenses the Pats will face.

I like both Indy and the Pats so regardless of who wins I'll be happy. However, it'd be nice to see one of those two teams make history and go 16-0 (19-0 if they win it all) and I think that, right now, the Pats look like they've got a better chance of doing it.

they are cheaters!!!!!!

Are they? Does Randy Moss have some sort of ball magnet that makes the ball elude 2 defenders and fall in his hands. Does Welker have some sort of shield that keeps defenders from tackling him? Is Brady really a robot? The beautiful thing about football and all sports is you can know what somebodys gonna go next but with out execution knowledge is worthless.

Are they? Does Randy Moss have some sort of ball magnet that makes the ball elude 2 defenders and fall in his hands. Does Welker have some sort of shield that keeps defenders from tackling him? Is Brady really a robot? The beautiful thing about football and all sports is you can know what somebodys gonna go next but with out execution knowledge is worthless.

:lol: So thats how they do it! Magnets, Shields and robots. How could I have missed that, it makes so much sense!

It's the wrong attitude, though, even if it is the Dolphins and Belichek will probably beat them down for it. But regardless, their D is top-10 in the league, which is more than enough with the offense they have.

If the Dolphin's D was still in the top 10 they'd have a few more wins under their belt right now, but that's not the case.. They're sitting at around dead last this year.

If the Dolphin's D was still in the top 10 they'd have a few more wins under their belt right now, but that's not the case.. They're sitting at around dead last this year.

You do realize that I was referring to the Pats D and not the Dolphins D, right?

Pats beat the Skins 52-7... haha i dont really know what to say

Skins do have a terrible offense which explains why they only scored 1 touchdown.. even though our D looked great (at times)

But washington arguably has the best D in the league and we scored 52 points on them :lol:

I dont really know what to say.. except call the police because washington got raped! haha

but really.. colts vs pats. after next week there will only be 1 undefeated team. i hope its the pats :mellow:

Pats beat the Skins 52-7... haha i dont really know what to say

Skins do have a terrible offense which explains why they only scored 1 touchdown.. even though our D looked great (at times)

But washington arguably has the best D in the league and we scored 52 points on them :lol:

I dont really know what to say.. except call the police because washington got raped! haha

but really.. colts vs pats. after next week there will only be 1 undefeated team. i hope its the pats :mellow:

I really dont think anyone would argue that Washington has the best D in the league, but I must say that was an impressive showing by the Patriots against a decent defense. I am really looking forward to next week and I really hope the Colts put an end to this madness!

Pats vs Colts.. who's watching it?

Gonna be one heck of a game i'm thinking!

Yeah me too! I can't wait for that game!

Manning vs. Brady probably the best game I will ever see! :lol:

Man what a messed up again.. i think we set a record for the most penalty yards against?

We won, but i didnt think it was a very good game. Addai was a machine.. haha

I hope BB whips them into shape, now that they know they arent invincible

How about Adrian Peterson?? 296 rushing yards for the all the single game record. 3 td's too. Glad he's in my fantasy pool :)

Man what a messed up again.. i think we set a record for the most penalty yards against?

We won, but i didnt think it was a very good game. Addai was a machine.. haha

I hope BB whips them into shape, now that they know they arent invincible

How about Adrian Peterson?? 296 rushing yards for the all the single game record. 3 td's too. Glad he's in my fantasy pool :)

I cant decide if im encouraged by that game because it shows the Pats arent invincible, or if it scares me even more because they overcame playing a bad game to win over the next best team in the league. I think that there is a very good chance they go undefeated now as that was the only real test left this season. (For the record, I am predicting they go 15-1, losing to the Giants in week 17, as they will have locked up the division long ago and may rest some starters and the Giants will still be chasing the Cowboys and will need the win)

I cant decide if im encouraged by that game because it shows the Pats arent invincible, or if it scares me even more because they overcame playing a bad game to win over the next best team in the league. I think that there is a very good chance they go undefeated now as that was the only real test left this season. (For the record, I am predicting they go 15-1, losing to the Giants in week 17, as they will have locked up the division long ago and may rest some starters and the Giants will still be chasing the Cowboys and will need the win)

That's what I've got too. I figure the Giants will be in a playoff/division title battle and will play their starters, while the Pats will rest their guys. Although, I wouldn't put it past Belichick to play his starters for half a game, which would definitely change things...

And I think even though they managed to pull out the win against the Colts, this was a bit of a wake-up call for the Pats, given how they played the first 3 quarters. Whether it makes them better is yet to be seen.

That's what I've got too. I figure the Giants will be in a playoff/division title battle and will play their starters, while the Pats will rest their guys. Although, I wouldn't put it past Belichick to play his starters for half a game, which would definitely change things...

And I think even though they managed to pull out the win against the Colts, this was a bit of a wake-up call for the Pats, given how they played the first 3 quarters. Whether it makes them better is yet to be seen.

If the Pats are starring at 16-0 going into the final week, I can Guarantee, repeat GUARANTEE, that Bellicheck will play every single one of this starters and treat it as if it were weak 5 or 6 of the season. The Patrioits have so much more than just the Super Bowl on their mind this season. Remember this is a coach who went for it on 4 and 1 in a game where they were up by over 20. He has played his starters in virtually every game, for the full game regardless of the score. The Pats, while they won't admit it, are thinking about 16-0 I would say almost as much as they are the Super Bowl. This is a team out to make a statement to the rest of the league.