The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Super Bowl Poll

If the Pats are starring at 16-0 going into the final week, I can Guarantee, repeat GUARANTEE, that Bellicheck will play every single one of this starters and treat it as if it were weak 5 or 6 of the season. The Patrioits have so much more than just the Super Bowl on their mind this season. Remember this is a coach who went for it on 4 and 1 in a game where they were up by over 20. He has played his starters in virtually every game, for the full game regardless of the score. The Pats, while they won't admit it, are thinking about 16-0 I would say almost as much as they are the Super Bowl. This is a team out to make a statement to the rest of the league.

I could see that happening too although that would be stupid and I dont think they will. I have never wished an injury on anyone but if that were the scenario and Belichek played his starters, I would be really hoping for injuries to Brady and Moss (nothing career threatening, just enough to keep them out of the playoffs)

I could see that happening too although that would be stupid and I dont think they will. I have never wished an injury on anyone but if that were the scenario and Belichek played his starters, I would be really hoping for injuries to Brady and Moss (nothing career threatening, just enough to keep them out of the playoffs)

Hey! I need them to be playing for the perfect season if I want any chance at winning my fantasy pool! I'm 9-0 as of this week but only because of those two players you mentioned (Brady and Moss). So really, I'm chasing a perfect season myself.

Hey! I need them to be playing for the perfect season if I want any chance at winning my fantasy pool! I'm 9-0 as of this week but only because of those two players you mentioned (Brady and Moss). So really, I'm chasing a perfect season myself.

Yeah the guy in my pool with those 2 is 8-1 too but luckily im playing him this week while they are on their bye. What are you going to do this week without them!?

The SB starts in a few days :D

I'm really glad washington made it in, Sean Taylor must be real proud!

haha imagine how the teams battling with the titans to get in felt when it was announced that payton would sit out :lol:

Go Pats!!

The SB starts in a few days :D

I'm really glad washington made it in, Sean Taylor must be real proud!

haha imagine how the teams battling with the titans to get in felt when it was announced that payton would sit out :lol:

Go Pats!!

Kinda sucks for the Browns, who i think deserved the playoffs more than the Titans, but the Browns had their chance and chose to play poorly against an inferior Bengals team. The Browns controlled their own fate and blew it so its tough to feel sorry for them that Payton didn't play because it just reinforced that you can't take a week off in the NHL especially when your gunning for the playoffs. The Browns took a week off versus the Bengals and it killed them.

Kinda sucks for the Browns, who i think deserved the playoffs more than the Titans, but the Browns had their chance and chose to play poorly against an inferior Bengals team. The Browns controlled their own fate and blew it so its tough to feel sorry for them that Payton didn't play because it just reinforced that you can't take a week off in the NHL especially when your gunning for the playoffs. The Browns took a week off versus the Bengals and it killed them.

Yeah the browns def deserved to be in the playoffs more than the titans. But i doubt either of these teams would get past the first round so it shouldnt be too big of a deal

Yeah the browns def deserved to be in the playoffs more than the titans. But i doubt either of these teams would get past the first round so it shouldnt be too big of a deal

you never know what could happen in the playoffs. B)

but anyways.. GO SEAHAWKS!! Im hoping for them to do good this year in the playoffs.

you never know what could happen in the playoffs. B)

but anyways.. GO SEAHAWKS!! Im hoping for them to do good this year in the playoffs.

Any given Sunday rule! :lol:

Well its pats vs jags

indy vs chargers

cowboys vs giants

packers vs seattle

I think jags are gonna be a tough match but i'm fairly confident we can beat them. I hope it isnt a snow game or windy though..

I'm rootin for the chargers to beat indy because i think we have a better chance of beating them

Cowboys will fall to giants if Jessica Simpson is there

Packers will beat on seattle

No surprise in first round other than tampa losing to the giants..

Go pats :D

Patriots vs Jaguars- Patriots. They're just too good.

Colts vs Bolts- Colts. The Chargers won't be beating a rested Indy team in their home stadium. Looking forward to seeing LT pout his way off of the field again.

Cowboys vs Giants- Giants. They're on a roll and the Cowboys have looked a little suspect lately.

GB vs Hawks- GB. Welcome to the frozen tundra. Leave your Birkenstocks in Seattle.

Broncos in 09 :ph34r:

My Seahawks are still in it. They could have a tough time beating Green Bay but I know they can do it! If only the game was in Seattle..The Seahawks have won all home playoff games for the last 3 years but you know the rest of the story..losing on the road. Lets hope they can turn it around!

Cowboys vs Giants- Giants. They're on a roll and the Cowboys have looked a little suspect lately.

that trip Romo took to mexico with Jessy is the reason!

i mean it has nothing to with our defense being offence being so-so and TO being hurt (he is still hurt isnt he?)

that trip Romo took to mexico with Jessy is the reason!

i mean it has nothing to with our defense being offence being so-so and TO being hurt (he is still hurt isnt he?)

He's reportedly gonna play on Sunday.

My picks:

Pats v. Jags: Pats, although the Jags will put up a heck of a fight.

Colts v. Chargers: Colts. The Chargers have absolutely no chance with the Colts being the healthiest they've been all season.

Cowboys v. Giants: Cowboys. The only way the Giants win is if Manning has an outstanding game AND Romo sucks as well.

Packers v. Seahawks: Packers. For a playoff team, Seattle is unbelievably crappy on the road.

they only have 'struggled' because they didnt have anything to play for, they already clinched home

He's reportedly gonna play on Sunday.

My picks:

Pats v. Jags: Pats, although the Jags will put up a heck of a fight.

Colts v. Chargers: Colts. The Chargers have absolutely no chance with the Colts being the healthiest they've been all season.

Cowboys v. Giants: Cowboys. The only way the Giants win is if Manning has an outstanding game AND Romo sucks as well.

Packers v. Seahawks: Packers. For a playoff team, Seattle is unbelievably crappy on the road.

yea, they do need to change that around! They have a great offense this year that can score them alot of points like against Washington. They just need to play like they do at home.

Take these picks to your Bookies!

Vezina's picks:

Pats v. Jags: I think the Jags will put up a fight, but it's the patriots

Colts v. Chargers: The Chargers handed the Colts their second loss of the season, and they're about to hand them an early exit

Cowboys v. Giants: Cowboys with ease.

Packers v. Seahawks: Seahawks. They will finally solve their road woes. Alexander will have a big game.

Vezina's picks:

Colts v. Chargers: The Chargers handed the Colts their second loss of the season, and they're about to hand them an early exit

Packers v. Seahawks: Seahawks. They will finally solve their road woes. Alexander will have a big game.

I dunno about that. In the regular season meeting the Colts had a few important guys injured, Manning had a once-in-a-lifetime bad game, Vinateri shanked two field goals that he otherwise makes in his sleep and even with all that help the Chargers only won by two points.

I think the Chargers are gonna get slaughtered, but then again, anything is possible in the playoffs...

I dunno about that. In the regular season meeting the Colts had a few important guys injured, Manning had a once-in-a-lifetime bad game, Vinateri shanked two field goals that he otherwise makes in his sleep and even with all that help the Chargers only won by two points.

I think the Chargers are gonna get slaughtered, but then again, anything is possible in the playoffs...

Even with having Tomlinson as their running back? they have a great running game with him on the team. I dont think they'll get slaughtered that bad. It will be close.

Even with having Tomlinson as their running back? they have a great running game with him on the team. I dont think they'll get slaughtered that bad. It will be close.

LT isn't gonna be the problem on Sunday. I think LT will have a good game, but I don't think Rivers will, seeing as Indy's been very good against the pass all year. Also, the Titans probably could've beat the Chargers last week had they not self destructed and denied themselves points (coincidentally just like the Colts did during the regular season).

IMO, the Colts aren't going to self destruct like that. Manning isn't gonna throw anywhere near 6 interceptions, nor is Vinateri going to shank 2 field goals. Plus Indy is healthy for the first time all year. To me, that adds up to a point differential in the 20's over the last time they met. I think Indy will win by a couple touchdowns at least, which I guess isn't getting slaughtered per se, but it's getting beat handily.

But hey, it's the playoffs and really... anything can happen.

Vezina's picks:

Well, 2/3 so far! :P - That's to all you people who thought the Chargers would lose ^_^ . Heck, they didn't even need LT or Rivers (for the last little bit)

Well, 2/3 so far! :P - That's to all you people who thought the Chargers would lose ^_^ . Heck, they didn't even need LT or Rivers (for the last little bit)

Yeah, they sure shut me up :lol:

Serious props to the Chargers though - they proved that the regular season win wasn't a fluke like a ton of people (including me) thought.

Pats Vs Chargers. Well i really hope there arent high winds, if it's calm then i'm fairly confident patriots will win. Mad props to the chargers for beating indy. 38-14 anyone? haha

Packers Vs Giants. This one will be close and could go either way, but ill give it to the packers..