The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Super Bowl Poll

Finished 2/4, but I picked one of the upsets :) Although I predicted 2 upsets, I didn't pick the second one.

Pats vs. Bolts: I honestly the Bolts could win this one if Rivers is healthy.. Otherwise I think the Pats will win. Tomlinson is, apparently, fine. If Volek starts Tomlinson will have a much higher work load and will have a good game because of it.

GB vs. NYG: NYG will this one -- They're the 04 Flames in football this year IMO.. I'm expecting to see them in Arizona on Febuary 3rd.

Charger are coming in with 8 straight wins, and they knocked off the Colts twice.. I think they have a serious chance of beating GB

Pats u mean.

I think they have a shot, but the Patriots are the best team in the league, and while the Chargers are playing well a big part of the Bolts win has to be attributed to Indy's lack of ability to produce in the red zone and on key plays. Give San Diego some credit, but the typically Indy execution wasn't there. You won't get that against the Patriots.

On the other side, i think GB wins by at least 7. Yes I am a Packers fan, but yes the Giants stepped up and played well, but they did it against a soft secondary and a team that got completely rattled. The Pack won't do that. they have one of if not thee best secondary tandem in the league which will make Eli's job that much tougher. Not to metnion the Pack have the abilty to max protect while still throwing out quality recievers (something the Cowboys couldn't do).

Finished 2/4, but I picked one of the upsets :) Although I predicted 2 upsets, I didn't pick the second one.

Pats vs. Bolts: I honestly the Bolts could win this one if Rivers is healthy.. Otherwise I think the Pats will win. Tomlinson is, apparently, fine. If Volek starts Tomlinson will have a much higher work load and will have a good game because of it.

GB vs. NYG: NYG will this one -- They're the 04 Flames in football this year IMO.. I'm expecting to see them in Arizona on Febuary 3rd.

I'm going to say that i'm 1/1 so far because Tomlinson was hurt, and I ment that if either of them was hurt that they would lose.

Who would've guessed prior to the playoffs that Eli would be the Manning going to the Super Bowl. It's too bad he isn't going to win one like his brother did, though...

Well, not really...

Super Bowl Prediction

NYG vs. Pats: As much as I want the Giants win to defend Miami as the sole team to have a perfect season, I don't think will. It will be that pats with atleast a 7 point margin of victory.

Current record - 4/6

It would be a shame for the Pats to win everything up until this point, then lose the big game.

While stranger things have happened, I still don't see the Giants winning this one...

It would be a shame for the Pats to win everything up until this point, then lose the big game.

While stranger things have happened, I still don't see the Giants winning this one...

I don't have anything against the Patriots, but I think it would be freaking hilarious if they lost the Super Bowl. :P

I don't have anything against the Patriots, but I think it would be freaking hilarious if they lost the Super Bowl. :P

lol you're not alone FON you're not alone.

It would be hilarious if they lost, though somewhat unfortunate.

Brady is hot.

ooh no now im gonna be known as a umm...errr...ok well the two i came up with are kinda dirty..so lets say im a football player appreciator, ok that sounded wrong too.

I only liked the Patriot's player who eye poked another player... after an argument on their 16th win! Co-incidently it was during the night of the flames big win of the Dec 31,2007. I cut my finger and went to get stitches, and drove to the Foothills hospital. and heard..... Sccccorrrre Inglina... we were down.....

Then I go an see this big game..... gahhhh now I'm hooked on Football. good lord what's next?!??!? Basketball?

I only liked the Patriot's player who eye poked another player... after an argument on their 16th win! Co-incidently it was during the night of the flames big win of the Dec 31,2007. I cut my finger and went to get stitches, and drove to the Foothills hospital. and heard..... Sccccorrrre Inglina... we were down.....

Then I go an see this big game..... gahhhh now I'm hooked on Football. good lord what's next?!??!? Basketball?

Id laugh my head off if New England loses the super Bowl and I wouldnt care. I hate them with a Passion, just like I hate the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball. New England had trouble beating the NY Giants a few weeks before the end of the season..only won it by a field goal. This will be NO easy game for New England. Giants are going to be challenging them for sure.

Id laugh my head off if New England loses the super Bowl and I wouldnt care. I hate them with a Passion, just like I hate the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball. New England had trouble beating the NY Giants a few weeks before the end of the season..only won it by a field goal. This will be NO easy game for New England. Giants are going to be challenging them for sure.

The Giants will definitely be a tough task for the Pats, given the elevated play of Manning (or his receivers - whoever's fault it was for the crappy passing play during the regular season) and the ever present defense.

The Pats though, they have the ability to adapt and elevate their play as well whenever they're in a bind to just keep on rolling. Case in point, San Diego does a great job of taking away the pass and Brady has a lacklustre game. As a result, the defense steps it up and completely shuts San Diego down in the red zone while Maroney has an excellent second half running the football to keep the offense rolling.

I expect New England to prevail in Arizona because of this quality - the Giants will definitely find a way to slow down or shut down an important part of the Pats, but the Pats will adapt and find a different way to get past the Giants. It won't be easy and I fully expect the Giants to fight as hard as they can.

Eyuck. This is one Super Bowl I'm not happy about. Guess I'll be watching it just for the commercials after all...

I'll still be watching it for the game. I just love football. to me, football is football..doesnt matter what teams are playing.

I'll still be watching it for the game. I just love football. to me, football is football..doesnt matter what teams are playing.

It's sad b/c I used to be such a huge Patriots fan (back in the Bledsoe years). I guess I've just slowly lost interest in football. Dunno why, though.

In light of the news shed on Brady's foot by TMZ

If Brady is out NYG win

If Brady is in (even a slightly injured one): Pats will win

I doubt there is anything seriously wrong with Brady's foot though.