The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL in Canada

Link?

This is an exhibition game I presume?

They will never have a NFL team in Montreal as long as the Olympic Stadium is where they are tabbed to play. The place is nightmare and certainly not up to NFL standards.

i dont see the diffrence of Buffalo going to Toronto to play. Does it really matter...to me I wont drive to Toronto for this game because if I really wanted to I could just go to Buffalo...

I caught the tail end of this the other day on TV, but can't recall the station. I can't find a story on the net, however.

If the NFL were to ever establish a team in Canada (Toronto), IMO, it would kill the CFL. TO struggles as it is to get fans when they suck, imagine if they had another choice, to see even better football players (that will likely suck, too, it is TO afterall). Losing the Argo's would be disastorous for the league. I just can't see it happening. Exihibition games and maybe the Bills coming accross the lake to play a regular season game, I could see.

i dont see the diffrence of Buffalo going to Toronto to play. Does it really matter...to me I wont drive to Toronto for this game because if I really wanted to I could just go to Buffalo...

That's why they're bringing the team to TO for a few games... I think it's something like 15000 Canadians go to each Bills home game.

That's why they're bringing the team to TO for a few games... I think it's something like 15000 Canadians go to each Bills home game.

but thats what I dont get...they still could just go to Buf

NFL expanding in canada is like the NHL expanding in the states.. personally i'd love a football team in calgary but we're no new england

Me too! Calgary would be far better having an NFL team here then Toronto would.

People actually go to Stampeders games here and we dont have trouble getting people out to games unlike Toronto does.

Some rumblings in Vancouver seem to make them think they could be a potential NFL team, one day. BC Place will undergo major renovations starting in a few months (mainly for the Olympics)... but it's doubtful it could ever be an NFL stadium. Obviously the city with the best chance is Toronto, but Vancouver would surely be a close second.

The nfl wants to come to Canada, starting by Montreal. They've asked the city and it might work, it will be at the Olympic Stadium. The game will feature the Colts against an eastern team, which might the pats.

It will be HUGE, and if it goes well, i'm sure Canada will have a team soon. Any thoughts?

Even if they played a regular season game in Canada, do you actually think that Indy/NE are going to let such a HUGE rivalry game go to MONTREAL??? Peyton vs Brady, it's not like they need help selling tix, and with Indy getting a new building next year, such an endevour would probably end up losing money. Montreal, prepare to welcome the Niners and Raiders in a showdown for the ages!!!! Not...

the only way Calgary gets an NFL team is if we tear down McMahon and replace it with a 60,000 person venue.

I'd buy season tickets for sure, though.

the only way Calgary gets an NFL team is if we tear down McMahon and replace it with a 60,000 person venue.

You can count me in on that as well.

It would be insane crazy if Calgary got an NFL team. Forget about death to the CFL for a second, we may even witness the death of the NHL. :o

I'd buy season tickets for sure too.

It would be insane crazy if Calgary got an NFL team. Forget about death to the CFL for a second, we may even witness the death of the NHL. :o

I'd buy season tickets for sure too.

Can't remember where I heard this but a couple months back i heard rumblings of an EXHIBITION game between the Pats and the Seahawks being negotiated for play up in Edmonton. I'm sure it was on the Fan 960.