The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mets agree to acquire Santana

well yeah the mets didnt even give up there top prospect in the minors!!

when I heard this I really thought I would hear Reyes name in the deal but hey the Twins could have gotten more from the Sox or Yankees I guess the wanted him in the other leauge

well yeah the mets didnt even give up there top prospect in the minors!!

when I heard this I really thought I would hear Reyes name in the deal but hey the Twins could have gotten more from the Sox or Yankees I guess the wanted him in the other leauge

Quite frankly, I'm happy he's going to National League.. I really didn't want NY or Boston aquiring a 2 time cy young winner.. Esspecially if the Jays have any hopes getting into the playoffs (I honestly believe they could make it to they playoffs)..

The Mets got an ABSOLUTE STEAL here! Giving up pretty much nothing for a great pitcher. I dont know what the Twins were thinking about this one. They should have traded him at the Winter meetings when alot of teams were willing to give up LOTS for him, but now they pratically got nothing in return (for now) have to see how these prospects they got turn out.

Looks like the Mets are really going after the World Series this year after being knocked out in the playoffs the last few years.

It's only a steal if the Mets sign him long term. Or else they simply drained their farm system for a one year rental. But with their financial resources, they should be able to work out a deal no problem.

This was the best offer for Santana. They gave up nothing (now) for him, but some of the prospects are promising. In 5 years, the Twins may have a couple 20 home run hitters, a solid starter and a good relief pitcher (comprising important parts of their team) while the Mets will have an older, not nearly as good Santana on their team.

If the Mets win it all as a result of this trade, then kudos. In the end, all the Red Sox and Yankees offered were a single young outfielder (Ellsbury for Boston, Cabrera for New York) and a pitching prospect.

This deal can go either way, but we'll only know in the long term.