The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

There it is RUS! After beating the world champions 3-0 on monday, we crushed the runner up of 2006 4-1!

All 4 Dutch goals were outstanding!

Adieu les bleus! Adieu les bleus!

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

There it is RUS! After beating the world champions 3-0 on monday, we crushed the runner up of 2006 4-1!

All 4 Dutch goals were outstanding!

Adieu les bleus! Adieu les bleus!

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Another thumping! Woo hoo!

Now do we throw the match against Romania so it is adios Italy and France? :unsure::ph34r:

I don't think so, but it would be funny. :lol:

Hup Holland Hup!

it was definitely the work of Flambeau!

Even if it's strange, I didn't wrote that but I would like it.

It would be cool to see a pic. ;)

Anyway, if it's not the end till the last game for France, we were kicked by dutch players tonight. :blink: But I don't have any illusion this year.

OMG!!!

Turkey vs Czech Republic, what an AMAZING game for the turks! awesome!

Swiss beat Portugal, not that it had any eefect on the group standings, but I'm delighted to see portugal lose on any occasion!

it was unbelievable that the turkey turned this around.

For today i get my fingers crossed for the German win. Please Football good be a german today! B):P:D

Yes absolutely. They were so bad this year... I'm awfully sorry for Ribery he was the best player of france he fights all the time and then a guy like him get this big injury. Thats incredible.

I'm amazed of Holland. They played without 9 starters and won their game easily. They are one of the greatest cup contender.

Russia has won Sweden 2:0! We Go further! Russia - Holland! Holland strong, but at us the coach from Holland!

What a performance by Schweinsteiger earlier today, great to see the portuguese elimnated this early!

From the teams left I'd like to see the Turks win it, that would be truly amazing. It would be like in 2004 when the greeks won it but this time it would be a more offensive team that plays with alot of heart as opposed to the greeks who were SO defensive and boooring. My second choice would be their opponents tomorow, Croatia. For a team who is missing their star player they are looking pretty impressive, and if they can beat the Germans for a second time I believe they could go the whole way. It would also make England losing to them much less embarrassing!!

Yes schweinsteiger was amazing yesterday!

I think we deserved the win. We had a good defence performance in the first half and Ronaldo had no chance against Friedrich and Metzelder. In the second half Portugal was a little bit better then us but our third goal came at the right time. At the end as the second goal for portugal came it was very close to get the win but our defence saves it.

I hope that we come against Croatia in the half-final and make amends.

WOW! what a day in the sports world for me, the best soccer comeback I've ever seen, (even after the Czech game aswell). Then the flames get Cammallerri!

Good luck against the germans Turkey....

Russia-Holland 3:1!!! We in a semifinal! HURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Good game RUS. You beat us at our game. Holland looked like the dutch teams of past tournament. Out of sync.

I will be cheering for Russia from here on. Good luck!

Thanks! In Moscow all night celebrate today!

So is it true? If Russia wins Euro '08 that you will name your national bird the

canada-goose-0002.jpg

Goose

or

hi%20hihih.jpg

Guus Hiddink

?

:D:D:D

And on Russian the name of a bird - the "гусь", and a Hiddink's name - "Гус"!

Congrats to Russia... they beat us fair and square.

Only because we have the best goalie in the world, the game went to extra time.

Too bad our playmakers didn't turn up (Sneijder, van def Vaart and van Persie)

Congrats to Russia... they beat us fair and square.

Only because we have the best goalie in the world, the game went to extra time.

Too bad our playmakers didn't turn up (Sneijder, van def Vaart and van Persie)

Thanks! Holland an excellent team (and Van Bassten my idol of the childhood), but at Russia the best cauch of the world! I Hope today Spain will win. Russia wants a revenge!

Germany is my team for the tourney. Schweinsteiger and Ballack are my boys. Russia has been playing well though. It will be interesting over the next few days.