The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

What a game! I am glad italy is finally out of the tourney. i have hated them since they beat France in the world cup finals.

Heres to Spain destroying the Russians!

Good luck against Turkey Germany !

:blink: if they lose, germans will have so much pain to sleep during all summer '08.

Turkey put up quite a good fight against the German powerhouse but in the end a sad end to an amazing tourney for them. GO SPAIN GO!

VAMOS!

I agree with you that we had a awfully game yesterday. The Turks played better then us. They were very quick in the offense and stand very deep in the defence so it was hard to beat them. If the Turks lead the game 2-0 or 3-0 at the half time it was absolutely deserved. I feel bad for Turkey because they had a good tournement and I have a couple of Turk co-workers which are very dissapointed.

On the other side I'm absolutely happy that we are in the final. Germany celebrates a big party yesterday. It was awesome.

Now I hope that we get the cup on sunday. 12 years after our last European championship.

Oh yeah. It's Spain and Germany for the Cup. Germany's gonna take it. Ballack is my homeboy. ;) I slept through most of today's match though. :(

That was pretty bad RUS. Sorry to see that performance by Russia today. They looked and played like the Dutch team you beat 4 days earlier. I expected something close to the Turkish effort, but no.

Go Spain Go!

German captain Michael Ballack is doubtful for the euro final tomorrow. Really bad news for the Germans

http://tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=241907&lid=sublink03&lpos=headlines_main' target="_blank">http://tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=241907&...=headlines_main[/post]

We're really hoping that he can play tonight. He's our leader and head of the team. Hope our Team doctors make him fit for tonights.

I'll be cheering for spain!

I believe this will be a great tournament, but unfortunate that zidane, totti and figo wont be in it..

Spain Vs Portugal in the finals with spain taking it 2-1. Torres will be brilliant

well i was right that Torres would be brilliant!

Spain are euro cup champions!! :D

Congrats from Germany to Spain.

They absolutely deserved it. They played the best football this year and had won all their games. We had another awfull performance and we can be happy that the spains don't outscored us. They had so many chances to do this.

Germany had their chances late. Schweinsteiger would have had one if it wasn't for the whistle. Ballack is a warrior for sure.

Congrats to Spain on the win, they played well for the game, and weathered the German storm early in the second half. Touche!

Espana!!

Pretty good game yesterday, could have had more drama for a final..

BRING ON THE 2010 QUALIFYING!! GO CANADA!!GO ENGLAND!!