The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stamps Vs. Lions

Care to expand on that?

Sure

We all know the CFL is full of players who count get into the NFL, so it's a league comprised of players worse than NFL backups.

I was watching the stamps game yesterday (trying to atleast) and i saw that 1. The QB's couldnt hit the ground they're standing on. 2. buddy missed a field goal from 32 yards out (THIRTY TWO!) and 3. The RB's couldnt break through a wall of bubbles.

Wasnt 'The Rock' playing for the stamps at one point in time?

I dont know why the CFL even exists.. of coarse i wouldnt mind hearing someones opinion on the CFL who likes it, maybe i'll understand it a bit more

Sure

We all know the CFL is full of players who count get into the NFL, so it's a league comprised of players worse than NFL backups.

I was watching the stamps game yesterday (trying to atleast) and i saw that 1. The QB's couldnt hit the ground they're standing on. 2. buddy missed a field goal from 32 yards out (THIRTY TWO!) and 3. The RB's couldnt break through a wall of bubbles.

Wasnt 'The Rock' playing for the stamps at one point in time?

I dont know why the CFL even exists.. of coarse i wouldnt mind hearing someones opinion on the CFL who likes it, maybe i'll understand it a bit more

All of those points count for NFL too, I promise you they do...

btw NFL & CFL are the same sport, but IMO they are very differently played.

All of those points count for NFL too, I promise you they do...

btw NFL & CFL are the same sport, but IMO they are very differently played.

How are they differently played? The only difference i see between the 2 leagues other than the NFL having superior players, is the QB's arent afraid to take a hit in the CFL

I think of CFL as the football version of the AHL, except even if you do really well you probably wont get to the NFL

How are they differently played? The only difference i see between the 2 leagues other than the NFL having superior players, is the QB's arent afraid to take a hit in the CFL

I think of CFL as the football version of the AHL, except even if you do really well you probably wont get to the NFL

In a nutshell:

Different rules. We have three downs and have no need for that sissy fourth down to get 10 yards. The field is 15 (or 20) yards wider, and 10 yards longer. That is the play area. Our endzones are 20 or 25 yards deep. There is way more passing in the CFL as opposed to the NFL and as a result of this scoring is much higher.

Our balls are bigger...

In a nutshell:

Different rules. We have three downs and have no need for that sissy fourth down to get 10 yards. The field is 15 (or 20) yards wider, and 10 yards longer. That is the play area. Our endzones are 20 or 25 yards deep. There is way more passing in the CFL as opposed to the NFL and as a result of this scoring is much higher.

Our balls are bigger...

Having only 3 downs means less offence, so does a longer field.

There may be more passing but the average combined scores in the NFL are higher than those of the CFL.

Also you pass more because people dont want to run the ball as much since they only have 2 tries before they punt/FG-attempt

The only reason i can think of why people watch the CFL is because there isnt an NFL game on

Having only 3 downs means less offence, so does a longer field.

There may be more passing but the average combined scores in the NFL are higher than those of the CFL.

Also you pass more because people dont want to run the ball as much since they only have 2 tries before they punt/FG-attempt

The only reason i can think of why people watch the CFL is because there isnt an NFL game on

I'm guessing you don't watch the CFL thus your counter points. Let's break 'em down.

- Please explain this? More room to play and more urgency to get it done equals low offense. Care to show/prove this?

- No the score in the CFL are higher than the NFL, you got that backwards.

- This is the only statement you've made so far that makes any sense.

- This is why most CFL games are not opposite an NFL game.

So you get 2/4. Do you honestly want to learn something about the game or are you just here to flame it? If it is the latter I am done with you. If you dislike CFL football, don't post in a thread about, and tell us it teh suck, 'cause you think so.

I'm guessing you don't watch the CFL thus your counter points. Let's break 'em down.

- Please explain this? More room to play and more urgency to get it done equals low offense. Care to show/prove this?

- No the score in the CFL are higher than the NFL, you got that backwards.

- This is the only statement you've made so far that makes any sense.

- This is why most CFL games are not opposite an NFL game.

So you get 2/4. Do you honestly want to learn something about the game or are you just here to flame it? If it is the latter I am done with you. If you dislike CFL football, don't post in a thread about, and tell us it teh suck, 'cause you think so.

- Players give it their all each play, having 3 attempts instead of 2 to get a first down will give them a higher possession:TD ratio

- I couldnt find the average score of a CFL game, but the average combined points in an NFL game is just over 42. But i judged the CFL by the scores i've seen in the past and the few scores i've seen this season and concluded that NFL is higher

I just want to know why people watch it.. kind of like the special olympics (hope no one takes this comment the wrong way)

- Players give it their all each play, having 3 attempts instead of 2 to get a first down will give them a higher possession:TD ratio

- I couldnt find the average score of a CFL game, but the average combined points in an NFL game is just over 42. But i judged the CFL by the scores i've seen in the past and the few scores i've seen this season and concluded that NFL is higher

I just want to know why people watch it.. kind of like the special olympics (hope no one takes this comment the wrong way)

High time of possesion does not allways equal a TD or even a field goal in the NFL. I've watched many games and seen teams all too often keep the ball for an entire quarter, march 60yards and punt it away 'cause they got stuffed at the 35. Defense is simply way better in the NFL as well, so scoring must be lower, right?

CFL avgs...I can't be arsed to put it together today, but take my word for it, in years past the CFL has out scored the NFL. You really need to watch more games and don't base your judgement on just a select few. Generally speaking a much more wide open, less predictable form of football in the CFL. For example our recievers are allowed all sorts of motion. You never know if run or pass is coming on 1st down, where as in the NFL, you can guarantee a run up the gut 9/10 times.

We watch it because it is our game of football. Something for us to cheer about, since outside of TO, no Canadian city will get an NFL team in the near future (or ever, for that matter). Maybe Van City, that is about it.

And just a note about your other comment, I don't take it the wrong way, but in the future if your thought tells you that somebody might take offense, perhaps you just refrain from posting it altogether.

High time of possesion does not allways equal a TD or even a field goal in the NFL. I've watched many games and seen teams all too often keep the ball for an entire quarter, march 60yards and punt it away 'cause they got stuffed at the 35. Defense is simply way better in the NFL as well, so scoring must be lower, right?

CFL avgs...I can't be arsed to put it together today, but take my word for it, in years past the CFL has out scored the NFL. You really need to watch more games and don't base your judgement on just a select few. Generally speaking a much more wide open, less predictable form of football in the CFL. For example our recievers are allowed all sorts of motion. You never know if run or pass is coming on 1st down, where as in the NFL, you can guarantee a run up the gut 9/10 times.

We watch it because it is our game of football. Something for us to cheer about, since outside of TO, no Canadian city will get an NFL team in the near future (or ever, for that matter). Maybe Van City, that is about it.

And just a note about your other comment, I don't take it the wrong way, but in the future if your thought tells you that somebody might take offense, perhaps you just refrain from posting it altogether.

That's what i wanted to hear, now it's clear, thanks

Well i like the patriots so maybe that's what alot of my judgment is based on..