The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favre Reinstated

This Favre saga reminds me of me and my Ex-GF (and this analogy has been used many times over on nearly all sports radio stations across North America. but, it's sooo true and I'm sure many here can relate.)

One day, we break up. The next day, we're back together. Oh yea, we've decided that we're definitely not meant for each other. Oh hey, we've just taken a big step forward by moving in together. Oh, I'm glad we're out of each other's lives. Oh, yesterday's arguments have only made us stronger together today. Yes, we think it's absolutely better that we go our separate ways. We've been seriously considering marriage lately...

It just wouldn't stop.

Meanwhile, there's this nice girl named (Aaron Rodgers) sitting on the sidelines waiting around. We're not being fair to her but she's too nice to say anything about it.

I like what Flutie had to say about retirement. NEVER EVER retire right after a season has ended. You're still recovering from the grind of the season, you're worn down, you're tired & you don't know if you can handle it anymore. Then when the months go by, you start to feel better and healthy and realize maybe you're not done after all.

Favre should've done that. Take time first and then decide.

I like what Flutie had to say about retirement. NEVER EVER retire right after a season has ended. You're still recovering from the grind of the season, you're worn down, you're tired & you don't know if you can handle it anymore. Then when the months go by, you start to feel better and healthy and realize maybe you're not done after all.

Favre should've done that. Take time first and then decide.

Maybe he should be more like Scott Niedermayer? :rolleyes:

I agree, if you are starting to think about retiring then you should take a while on the side line and then decided. if you think you can handle the game you watch then don't, its not a hard decision if he really and truly feels past it.