The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Then why aren't you there? :huh: Where do you do that move? :mellow:

It's against my religion. :P Nobody needs to know where I do my moves. -_-

I think it's freaking awesome that Canada got a medal in an equestrian event. :D

For years the Brits have been useless, but ten years worth of pumping in millions from the National Lottery and they're raking in the coins.

Sad to say, but money is a big factor I reckon.

For years the Brits have been useless, but ten years worth of pumping in millions from the National Lottery and they're raking in the coins.

Sad to say, but money is a big factor I reckon.

Yea it's an egg or the chicken thing with the COC and the government of Canada.

Athletes: Show us the money and we'll show you the results.

Government: Show us the results and we'll show you the money.

Russia unsuccessfully plays on Olympiad.

China has grasped all gold!

China has absolutely dominated everything this year. If it were for Phelps China would have over double the amount of gold medals of any other country not to mention most likely the most medals so far. They already have smashed their production in 04, I am hoping they beat out USA for the most medals.

Van Koeverden will be going to the K-1 1000m kayaking final.

It looks like Canada has a chance for a medal in Men's Triathlon!

EDIT!!!! WHITFIELD GETS THE SILVER!! YEAAAAAH!!

Van Koeverden will be going to the K-1 1000m kayaking final.

It looks like Canada has a chance for a medal in Men's Triathlon!

EDIT!!!! WHITFIELD GETS THE SILVER!! YEAAAAAH!!

That was some finish, eh? It looked like Whitfield was down and out and then he came back strong at the end. Awesome race! :D

It looked like he was down and out several times. But then he came back several times.. Too bad that the German still had a little bit of sprint as well.

Whitfield wasn't lying when he said he was in the best shape he's been in. Great performance!

And on another note, Alex Despatie is in a great position to medal in the 3m springboard. If he dives as good as he did in the semis, he could very well take the gold.

Great performance by Whitfield! Very exciting finish to watch. Looked like he didn't have anything left in the tank, but dug down and picked up the silver. Way to go Simon!

You've got to be proud of Whitfield today, the way he got back on and had a go - brilliant. When he was off the back and Gomez went I thought it was game over...real fighting spirit.

Will CBC be showing Van Koeverden's run at the K1 500m heats? If not I'm going to sleep..

kinda old news, but yaaaaaa silver in the Triathoelon! He was trailing, but he forces him self to second... with a hold on first.... That's what we're talking about babyeeeee. Whitfield almost had gold, what a run man! so I take it Canada's strengths are in Track And Field? We've seen Phelps break records, BUT, can anyone break Pavel Numi's records (the Runner version of Phelps).

kinda old news, but yaaaaaa silver in the Triathoelon! He was trailing, but he forces him self to second... with a hold on first.... That's what we're talking about babyeeeee. Whitfield almost had gold, what a run man! so I take it Canada's strengths are in Track And Field? We've seen Phelps break records, BUT, can anyone break Pavel Numi's records (the Runner version of Phelps).

Alex Despatie was absolutely phenomenal in the men's 3m springboard. He nailed five out of six dives, and considering He Chong's a tank and was unstoppable for gold, Alex was incredibly impressive. No one else could hold a candle to him except for Qin Kai, and even then there was never really that much press from behind.

Canada's certainly gotten on a roll now, at least compared to before. We've already surpassed our medal count from Athens.