The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

We don't need another incarnation of the "Hot Chicks" thread. Let's keep this on topic please.

If you have pictures of hot women that you just have to share, please send them to me via PM. :ph34r:

Or you could just go look at my profile picture. -_-

I was going to get up to watch the K-1000 but now I'm glad I didn't. Van Koeverden really threw in a stinker there. The 500 is his best distance, though, so hopefully he redeems himself there.

I was going to get up to watch the K-1000 but now I'm glad I didn't. Van Koeverden really threw in a stinker there. The 500 is his best distance, though, so hopefully he redeems himself there.

>>> How can we look at your profile picture Fon... You are a ninja! Ninja are invisible. :lol:

Tae Kwon Do time! Is it just me or Does Tae Kwon Do, remind me alot about Karate? (the Heinan Kata, reminds me so much of the Chong Che and Dae Gun pattern of Tae Kwon Do), they also both confused the hell out of me, when I did it (and that was a very basic pattern).

..... Personally I'm a fan of Eskrima, or Riddick-fu as I like to call it. anyways, speaking of martial arts and the olympics.... I remember learning that the Greeks had a no holds barred competition... Should the bring that back, like bring a UFC style sport to the Olympics. (I bet it was Ares idea, seeing that the Olympian Gods came up with the Olympics, or so the legends say), or would this break the whole spirit of goodwillness that Modern Olympics were intended?

Anyways, did anybody out there, get the urge to hum the "Excitebike theme" when watching BMX racing... I did.

>>> How can we look at your profile picture Fon... You are a ninja! Ninja are invisible. :lol:

Tae Kwon Do time! Is it just me or Does Tae Kwon Do, remind me alot about Karate? (the Heinan Kata, reminds me so much of the Chong Che and Dae Gun pattern of Tae Kwon Do), they also both confused the hell out of me, when I did it (and that was a very basic pattern).

..... Personally I'm a fan of Eskrima, or Riddick-fu as I like to call it. anyways, speaking of martial arts and the olympics.... I remember learning that the Greeks had a no holds barred competition... Should the bring that back, like bring a UFC style sport to the Olympics. (I bet it was Ares idea, seeing that the Olympian Gods came up with the Olympics, or so the legends say), or would this break the whole spirit of goodwillness that Modern Olympics were intended?

Anyways, did anybody out there, get the urge to hum the "Excitebike theme" when watching BMX racing... I did.

AvK gets silver in K1 500m. Ken Wallace has had the races of his life these past 2 days.

He says he feels relief. Apparently his breakdown still has SOME effects, as he said it still doesn't feel completely like him.

Bwaahahahahahahahahahha!

*runs and hides*

On topic though, it is indeed fickle that we are ready to announce these whole olympics as a write off after the first week, and now we're doing so well.

he almost blew the 500 as well... im kinda disappointed in him... but that said i like him... he doesn't shy away from responsibility... he is hard on himself, honest and doesn't do it and come off like a jerk (like the chick fencer that looked like a D-bag)

So who is Canada's flag bearer for the closing ceremony? My pick is Eric Lamaze.
i pick the biking chick that broke her arm... i just think it would be funny

So who is Canada's flag bearer for the closing ceremony? My pick is Eric Lamaze.

I'd prefer we went with someone who won a medal in an actual olympic sport...No offense to those who love equestrian and with all due respect to Eric Lamaze who I think is a great competitor...in my humble opinion it's one of the many events that don't belong at the summer olympics (that's just me). Anyways, My pick would be Simon Whitfield, Carol Huynh, or Priscilla Lopes-Schliep

I'd prefer we went with someone who won a medal in an actual olympic sport...No offense to those who love equestrian and with all due respect to Eric Lamaze who I think is a great competitor...in my humble opinion it's one of the many events that don't belong at the summer olympics (that's just me). Anyways, My pick would be Simon Whitfield, Carol Huynh, or Priscilla Lopes-Schliep

I won't disagree with you on the Equestrian rant. I personally don't like it very much, and given the 'sport' of it, Hickstead, the horse he rode could be the real winner. But the story behind Lemaze is a pretty nasty one and all the thing he overcame. He is also the only double medalist.

Whitfiled did it in Sydney did he not? If he did, he's out.

after reading her resume there at the beginning of the article its a choice you can't argue with

Cuba's should be the guy who kicked the Ref in the face

AdamVanKoeverden2.jpg

Droool... :blush:

Wish he could've done better in the 500, Silver is kinda satisfactory I suppose. I really liked how he presents himself in interviews :)

3855.jpg

Alexey Tishchenko - last gold on Olympiad!

Result: gold - 23, silver - 21, bronze - 28.

TOTAL: 72 medals!

Wish he could've done better in the 500, Silver is kinda satisfactory I suppose. I really liked how he presents himself in interviews :)

To be honest, silver is a bit of a letdown considering he was unbeaten this year, had won the last couple of world championships and is the world record holder in the 500. But after his race in the 1000 I was happy to see him medal, at least, in the 500.

Man i was just reading up on Michael Phelps, he is like a freaking cross breed of a dolphin and a human!

His arm span is 3 inches more than his height, he has size 14 feet (holy flippers!), his knees and ankles are double jointed so he can hyperextend them in races....it is CRAZY.

Man i was just reading up on Michael Phelps, he is like a freaking cross breed of a dolphin and a human!

His arm span is 3 inches more than his height, he has size 14 feet (holy flippers!), his knees and ankles are double jointed so he can hyperextend them in races....it is CRAZY.

I always thought there was something fishy about that guy...