The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Did you watch that match then? Would you say that Swede got screwed by the judges?

Actually yeah, I did. I was at Schanks last night waiting till my movie started (Tropic Thunder!) and I watched it on one of the many, many T.V's. It was alot closer than my example, but I still thought it was pretty clear that the Swede won.

It's nice to see that Mike Brown JUST ABOUT finished with a medal, missing a bronze medal by 0.09 seconds, finishing fourth. Missed it by that much. And the men's gymnastics team, with two representatives in the individuals final finished oooooh so close, with 15th and 17th place finishes. Wooo. :rolleyes:

Don't you be hating on our 15th and 17th place finish! We were HOPING to finish in the top 12, but evidently didn't. 17th is still our best finish in 24 years :P

We still have softball and baseball? ^-^

But yeah, dude, after seeing:

HOCKEY: Canada - 1 Pakistan - 3 (FINAL)

My reaction was: Holy Gary Leeman We're George Bushed.

We still have softball and baseball? ^-^

But yeah, dude, after seeing:

HOCKEY: Canada - 1 Pakistan - 3 (FINAL)

My reaction was: Holy Gary Leeman We're George Bushed.

*cries* Hopes and dreams shattered. :(

Am I the only one who thinks Phelps is jacked on roids and once exposed, will have to return ALL their golds and they'll return to the shameful nation they've always been? Rant over.

Canada needs this guy bad. ---> yukon.jpg

TeeHee, I can only chuckle some more.

Field Hockey I just watched on the net.

Canada 2

Netherlands 4

But in all fairness, we don't play field hockey in Canada, we play proper hockey.

This game plays more like soccer (proper football) than what we have all grown to love.

This game needs more contact and cowbell!

Anyhoo...

Hup Holland Hup!

no medals on day 7? What about that Sexy Canadian Weight lifting chick? how did she do?

She did stunningly beautiful. Even in epic fail, she manages to score easy with the eyes....

r1991936385.jpg

She did better than this guy,

Olympics%20Day%205%20Weightlifting%200_N

The perfect fail picture right here. OUCH!

Hmm, reading up on it, his elbow apparently popped out of its socket. Then they popped it right back in and he was good to go!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=502&objectid=10526970' target="_blank">http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?...jectid=10526970[/post]

The article says nothing about his elbow popping back in...?

The article says nothing about his elbow popping back in...?

That was just my interpretation of what would have had to happen :P

But you would not just leave it popped out :P It's like dislocating a shoulder, it hurts like hell but they're gonna put it back in. :mellow:

So were supposed to get a medal in rowing today, and then some more tomorrow. Anyone know what time these events are on at?