The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Nothing like three medals in an hour to get back in the game Games. ^_^ Now do it again!

Now the score in my sig doesn't look as bad. Congrats to all the winners!

More to come tonight?

And did anyone catch the 100m final. Bolt didn't even look like he was trying.

Yay, now we're only 2 behind North Korea!

Gold Carol Huynh Wrestling Women's −48 kg

Silver David Calder and Scott Frandsen Rowing Men's coxless pair :lol:

Bronze Tonya Verbeek Wrestling Women's −55 kg

I'm glad I'm not coxless. :ph34r:

Men's 8 in rowing is supposed to challenge for gold. Has that final happened yet? :unsure:

Ouch I wonder what hurt more the elbow or dropping the weights on his back.

I don't know what weight class that is but there's got to be over 200lb of weights dropping on his back. He probably didn't feel it though because his mind was occupied by his arm. I'd venture to guess that you could've probably walked up to him and kicked him in the balls while he was lying there and he wouldn't have felt it.

Edit: snatch 148kg(326lbs.)

I don't know what weight class that is but there's got to be over 200lb of weights dropping on his back. He probably didn't feel it though because his mind was occupied by his arm. I'd venture to guess that you could've probably walked up to him and kicked him in the balls while he was lying there and he wouldn't have felt it.

325.6 lbs actually. That much weight straight down on your shoulders/back like that can do serious damage. If that pinched his sciatic nerve(very possible the way he fell to the ground legs twitching and everything) it would be the opposite, he wouldn't even be feeling his arm for the back pain.

I know this from both my Dad and Grandpa who have had trouble with their backs/sciatic nerves. When it happened to my Grandpa it nearly killed him, he doesn't even remember it happeneing, or the trip to the hospital etc. It is one thing you don't want to mess with.

Quit quoting that picture!!!!!!!!!

You know how some people can't handle blood? I can't handle dislocations/bone breaking.

SO STOP!!!!

;)

Quit quoting that picture!!!!!!!!!

You know how some people can't handle blood? I can't handle dislocations/bone breaking.

SO STOP!!!!

;)

106466.jpg

Those kind of pictures? :P

Bronze in swimming! 1500m.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneONEoneONE111!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

running.gif

CANADA IS TEH_PWNAGE!!!!!ONE!!!!!11111!!!!!

Phelps gets his 8th. Holy smokes...

I think we should ban anyone who talks about it here. I'm seriously sick of hearing about him. <_<

I'm getting up tonight to watch th Men's 8 rowing final. Anyone else? :D

I think we should ban anyone who talks about it here. I'm seriously sick of hearing about him. <_<

I'm getting up tonight to watch th Men's 8 rowing final. Anyone else? :D

How can you not mention a guy who broke 7 world records, captured 8 gold medals? He is one of the greatest olympians ever, if not THE greatest. Thats like talking about a collection of the greatest hockey players and not mentioning Orr or Gretzky.

How can you not mention a guy who broke 7 world records, captured 8 gold medals? He is one of the greatest olympians ever, if not THE greatest. Thats like talking about a collection of the greatest hockey players and not mentioning Orr or Gretzky.

>>> remember how I went on and on and on about, how the purpose of the Olympics is to show the superiority and beauties of the human body... (especially a genetic super Gundam pilot like Phelps, seriously the news was describing his anatomy and describing him like a T-1000), anyhow, that the games shouldn't be known for the stigma of the social or political ills of that country. (namely the Commie overlords of China).

now we see, that the games purpose is to WOW us to aspire us to be our very best. Like you Flames Fanatic, got into Carleton, a hard school to get into! and you were wowed when I mentioned about my DANGEROUS workaholic schedule. something about warning me about getting enough sleep...

this is the purpose of Olympics, to show us that we can be a cup that can be filled 5/4s , or go 101%... Holy Crow. What would it be like if Iggy breaks some wacky record, or Kippy, gets lots of S-words.... I love watching the sports, because it can inspire me to be better at work, or doing stuff, that the most impossible goal that one can set, is within the realm of possibility.

And holy crap! Is his body REALLY strong.

Like Phelps as the newspapers said, is more healthier than runners, as it's harder or something to displace water, than air. Air, someone can just zip through it. Water is more dense, it's like Jello you have to push it out of the way. The reports describe that Phelps heart and Cardio, because he has to transfer the air-water (hold his breath), is more difficult, wow! And breaking World records by a HUGE gap! (the green line).

He should try the impossible. Come back 4 years later and BREAK his old records that he broke....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneONEoneONE111!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

running.gif

Good.... good!

>>> remember how I went on and on and on about, how the purpose of the Olympics is to show the superiority and beauties of the human body... (especially a genetic super Gundam pilot like Phelps, seriously the news was describing his anatomy and describing him like a T-1000), anyhow, that the games shouldn't be known for the stigma of the social or political ills of that country. (namely the Commie overlords of China).

now we see, that the games purpose is to WOW us to aspire us to be our very best. Like you Flames Fanatic, got into Carleton, a hard school to get into! and you were wowed when I mentioned about my DANGEROUS workaholic schedule. something about warning me about getting enough sleep...

this is the purpose of Olympics, to show us that we can be a cup that can be filled 5/4s , or go 101%... Holy Crow. What would it be like if Iggy breaks some wacky record, or Kippy, gets lots of S-words.... I love watching the sports, because it can inspire me to be better at work, or doing stuff, that the most impossible goal that one can set, is within the realm of possibility.

And holy crap! Is his body REALLY strong.

Like Phelps as the newspapers said, is more healthier than runners, as it's harder or something to displace water, than air. Air, someone can just zip through it. Water is more dense, it's like Jello you have to push it out of the way. The reports describe that Phelps heart and Cardio, because he has to transfer the air-water (hold his breath), is more difficult, wow! And breaking World records by a HUGE gap! (the green line).

He should try the impossible. Come back 4 years later and BREAK his old records that he broke....

running.gif

Good.... good!

Rasta, have I ever told you that you frighten me some times? :P

I'm a huge supporter of the games themselves, just not always the politics in the country they are in.