The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Tom Brady's season

Eh, the Pats will most likely still make the playoffs. They have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and even without Brady, they're still a strong team. I can see them going 10-6, which should be good enough to make the playoffs.

And in the playoffs, as we learned last year (damn Giants) anything can happen... but in this case, it probably won't :P

As I don't have Brady on my fantasy teams, this doesn't break my heart. I have stocked up on QB's so I am expecting some trade offers from Brady owners. This injury, along with Indy's poor performance last night, leaves the AFC wide open. Who will step up I wonder? The Steelers look strong right now, and the Chargers will get it together, but the Pats are gonna have their work cut out for them.

Brady is just a typical good quarterback who does the simple things well, nothing exceptional. I'm sure the Pats can find another system quarterback who will step in and keep things simple.

Brady is just a typical good quarterback who does the simple things well, nothing exceptional. I'm sure the Pats can find another system quarterback who will step in and keep things simple.

That's partly true.

Brady is a little like Joe Montana. He doesn't have the greatest physical skills but he understands the game, coverages, momentum, how to use his players and how to be a leader. I would much sooner have a Tom Brady at QB than a super-athlete like Donovan McNabb.

I agree to a point, but Brady is also one of the smartest QBs thats ever played. He is a system's QB to a point, but he also can read defences and anticipate throws better than almost anyone, and to top it off has ice water in his viens so he never panics.

that being said, I think the Patriots talent around the QB is good enough that as long as the QB, either Cassel or their rookie O'connel, don't make the mistakes that Brady never makes they should still make the playoffs. This will be a big test for their d though. Their offence is likely going to go from scoring about 30 points a game, to in the low 20s. I find their D pretty overrated so it'l still be a test for them.

I don't like guys getting hurt... bu this doesn't break my heart... I hate everything about the Pats... I really hope they miss the playoffs...

Ouch. Contenders to pretenders, just like that. Dante Culpepper just retired, I'm sure his phone has been ringing off the hook. Matt Cassel, Tim Rattay and Chris Simms...Yuck.

This sucks. I was just watching this on the news actually. He had everything going for him this year, such as building up on a perfect season. Literal. Gahhh. He must be feeling what the Chinese sprinter was feeling when he tore his ligament. But the good news. When he gets his therapy this year, his tendons should even stronger... But, how does one improve on PERFECT?

This sucks. I was just watching this on the news actually. He had everything going for him this year, such as building up on a perfect season. Literal. Gahhh. He must be feeling what the Chinese sprinter was feeling when he tore his ligament. But the good news. When he gets his therapy this year, his tendons should even stronger... But, how does one improve on PERFECT?

Eh, the Pats will most likely still make the playoffs. They have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and even without Brady, they're still a strong team. I can see them going 10-6, which should be good enough to make the playoffs.

And in the playoffs, as we learned last year (damn Giants) anything can happen... but in this case, it probably won't :P

Actually its the easiest, not one of

yeah, that perfect Miami team was good, the only team to do it you kno ^_^

you can't say that the Pats have the easiest schedule for sure... not every teams performs up to (or down to expectations)... one of those easy teams might just end up being pretty good... sayiing its the easiest before the season is ignorance

Well, that really stinks for Brady and the Pats. I'm not a Pats myself, but wow. Talk about a shocker...

Saw some video of it when I was at the Chargers/Panthers game on Sunday. Yikes!

Not shocking at all, injuries in football are inevitable at some point in their career. I'm sure he'll bounce back when he's healed, this will make it interesting for their playoffs. For once I'll be glad that the Pats will have to fight and struggle to make it far, they always seem too perfect which is annoying <_<

A torn ACL and MCL, when healed, do not get stronger. The athlete is never 100% after an injury like that.

But the good news is that Brady isn't a mobile quarterback so he doesn't need to be the fastest man alive

you can't say that the Pats have the easiest schedule for sure... not every teams performs up to (or down to expectations)... one of those easy teams might just end up being pretty good... sayiing its the easiest before the season is ignorance

Since 1993 the league has made hard schedules for good teams, and easy schedules for bad teams...how is this? last years records, sure teams improve, but not that much

Since 1993 the league has made hard schedules for good teams, and easy schedules for bad teams...how is this? last years records, sure teams improve, but not that much

Schedules are made based on divisions. It's a mathematical formula they use and has nothing to do with how good or bad a team is.

Its divisional play. Thats why, despite being the best team in football for almost a decade now, they always wind up with one of the easiest schedules year after year. They play in one of the weaker divisions in the NFL, So there is a quarter of your games right there, and then all it takes is travel to one weaker division, ie NFC South, and you wind up with a really easy schedule.

If it was based on teams and results, the Patriots would wind up with a hard schedule every year, but they hardly ever do.