The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armstrong Back

I don't think Armstrong will be successful coming back.

He used to be dominant and I too don't believe he doped. This guy is a freak something like Phelps is at swimming. Where Phelps is double jointed and has extra large feet etc Armstrong has an abnormally large heart(literally) and I believe there is something else too just can't think of it.

It seems he's not giving permission to test his old samples from the late 90's - a bit odd.

It's looking less and less likely that they'll let him in the Tour....the plot thickens.

I can't seem him beating Contador or Andy Schleck...but it would make the 09 Tour so much spicier if he was around I guess?

I wish Armstrong wouldn't do this. I understand that he has something to prove but all that's going to happen is the media scrutinizing the hell out of him with drug tests. And if he doesn't win everyone will say "I told you so". He is already one of the greatest athletes of all time, how can you improve on that?

He's on a hiding to nothing...but I don't think he'd ever be accused of being the sharpest knife in the box. I don't think he would think about it like that - he expects to win I guess.