The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Stamps for Grey cup 2008?

Those Eskimos denied my Bombers.... sooooo Go Stamps Go!

I like our chances of beating BC more than I would have playing the Riders. This way we stands will be full of Stamps fans and only Stamps fands, instead of half the stadium being full of melon heads.

I like our chances of beating BC more than I would have playing the Riders. This way we stands will be full of Stamps fans and only Stamps fands, instead of half the stadium being full of melon heads.

Don't sell the Lions short, they have a dam GOOD team. I also feel that the Lions will be looking to show that that performance two weeks ago WASN'T their best effort. Cam Wake is a MONSTER and WILL be a FORCE to be reconded with next Saturday. GO LIONS GO

Don't sell the Lions short, they have a dam GOOD team. I also feel that the Lions will be looking to show that that performance two weeks ago WASN'T their best effort. Cam Wake is a MONSTER and WILL be a FORCE to be reconded with next Saturday. GO LIONS GO

I agree. Stamps need to keep their focus and not let the fact that the swept the Lions this year play into it. Stamps can't have a let down game, motivation is more in the court of the Lions especially after a big win in Sask.

However, provided the Stamps keep their heads straight they should win the game. Lions are good, but the Stamps are better. Key is going to be wether or not Hufnagel can keep his team in check. Because I believe he can, i think the Stamps will win but it should be a good game.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=255327&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_cfl' target="_blank">http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=255327&amp...os=topStory_cfl[/post]

I like what Hufnagel is doing by coming out and saying this. He says it's not for motivation or anything, but you know the players are hearing that as a bit of a challenge to make sure they play their best game.

Outside of the Labour Day game, Hufnagel has proven to be a fantastic motivator. There have been many opportunieis for the STamps to have let down games this season, and they have had plenty in the past, yet they've come out and not just won but dominated.

This was the right move. The key for the Stamps is not letting the idea that they've beat BC 4 times and killed them last week play into this week's game. As long as they can block that out an dplay their game, I have little doubt they'll win.

I like our chances this year going to the Grey Cup then in the past. Im much more confident having Hufnagel back there instead of Higgins. Hufnagel has done a great job with the team this year. There's no reason why the Stamps cant win the grey cup this year with the season they had..best record in the CFL, alot of the players on the stamps lead the CFL in statistics. I say this is the year for the Stamps!

What time is the game this weekend and what channels will it be on?

Win or lose, I'm getting SMASHED this weekend. This week is from hell.

The game starts Saturday at 2:30 (so 4:30 for you :P) with coverage starting at 2.

And I'm pretty sure it'll only be on TSN seeing as they have exclusive rights and the like ;)

The game starts Saturday at 2:30 (so 4:30 for you :P) with coverage starting at 2.

And I'm pretty sure it'll only be on TSN seeing as they have exclusive rights and the like ;)

Hmm... might be too drunk by then... I don't want to look like a Rough Riders fan.... drunk and slovenly that is :P

What time is the game this weekend and what channels will it be on?

Win or lose, I'm getting SMASHED this weekend. This week is from hell.

That was my last week, never really been smashed before, I thought 8 beer would be enough but I was wrong, all it did was give me a buzz and some bad gas...

I am going to stick to my rum and coke from now on.

That was my last week, never really been smashed before, I thought 8 beer would be enough but I was wrong, all it did was give me a buzz and some bad gas...

I am going to stick to my rum and coke from now on.

atta boy!

I'm not a big beer fan. Give me hard liquor any day of the week, especially rum and coke (if you can, put a nanking cherry in it and its amazing!)

Should Edmonton and Calgary play... do you guys think there would be a Streaker showing up?

Probably Bane to boot. That way, at least someone is happy up in Edmonton when the Eskies lose. :D

Should Edmonton and Calgary play... do you guys think there would be a Streaker showing up?

totally....someone has to keep the tradition going!

Probably Bane to boot. That way, at least someone is happy up in Edmonton when the Eskies lose. :D

The game is being hosted in Calgary this year though. I was thinking of Barney Gumbel doing this. Because the REAL Barney Gumbel would definitely do this. Somehow I don't picture Bane as a drinker....

Without a doubt. :lol:

>>> Oh those crazy U of A engineering students and their beer....

The game is being hosted in Calgary this year though. I was thinking of Barney Gumbel doing this. Because the REAL Barney Gumbel would definitely do this. Somehow I don't picture Bane as a drinker....

Without a doubt. :lol:

>>> Oh those crazy U of A engineering students and their beer....

It wasn't me I swear :ph34r:

>>> No my dad, definatly him in his younger days, as a Chinese UA student. you know I might just follow in his foot steps. The UofA is a good facility, and I grew up there. and I can be Anie's Troll, since she's our troll... ha ha ha. Who knows. I might finally be getting the hang of this whole school business....

I'm just thinking it's some frat initiation. as there are lots of Frat houses on Whyte. (or at least I think there are... lots of jaywalking UA students though!).

It wasn't me I swear :ph34r:

>>> No my dad, definatly him in his younger days, as a Chinese UA student. you know I might just follow in his foot steps. The UofA is a good facility, and I grew up there. and I can be Anie's Troll, since she's our troll... ha ha ha. Who knows. I might finally be getting the hang of this whole school business....

I'm just thinking it's some frat initiation. as there are lots of Frat houses on Whyte. (or at least I think there are... lots of jaywalking UA students though!).