The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Stamps for Grey cup 2008?

It's time for the ULTIMATE battle of Alberta! Let the STREAKERS WIN! And it's in CALGARY, so a fair warning to the Stampeeders LOSING=Rastacat turns into Bigglesworthcat( Streak), and I'm fat and disgusting. so WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. There we go! motivation and incentive. If it works on the Stamps. Perhaps it can work on our Flames too!

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about Rasta :lol:

Player of the game = Labinjo hands down.

Undoubtedly.

It's so nice to see the Stamps have a great defense (best in the CFL :D), after years of watching Stamps teams who were unable to stop anything.

It's time for the ULTIMATE battle of Alberta! Let the STREAKERS WIN! And it's in CALGARY, so a fair warning to the Stampeeders LOSING=Rastacat turns into Bigglesworthcat( Streak), and I'm fat and disgusting. so WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. There we go! motivation and incentive. If it works on the Stamps. Perhaps it can work on our Flames too!

What kind of battle of Alberta? :huh:

Let me translate, if the Stamps lose then rasta is going to streak since he's fat and disgusting so you better win or else rasta will streak. That should be enough motivation and incentive for the Stamps and hey if it works then why not on the Flames as well.

Congrats Stamps :) When was the last time this happened?

Don't you wish the Flames had that kind of defense? :lol:

I wish the Flames had the Argonauts quality of defense :lol:

:lol: @ Rastacat needing a translator

Player of the game = Labinjo hands down.

True That!!

Well, that one second was pretty scary anything can happen hahahahaha....

but despite that

It was sweet to see the Stamps win the division!!!! :)

Grey Cup nxt week!!

>>> Oh Neuf, overhere there's a "tradition" that has been going on for a few years, where streakers run around (Usually in Edmonton), during the Battle of Alberta Games (or Labour day classics as they're called), at the Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton). Or so that's what I see on Youtube, and read in the papers, when fans with small children write in angry letters to the Sun.

So since the Greycup 2008 is being hosted in Calgary this year. I simply mentioned, that should the Stampeeders loose, then I will streak. (and I'm a fat fat fat fat cat). This will traumatize the players to play their best performance against those Eskimos.

I mentioned "Mr Bigglesworth" Doctor Evil's (parody of James Bond villians), naked cat...

I highly suspect that drunk UA students are behind this funny ritual (streaking), or the frats are anyways).

>>> Oh Neuf, overhere there's a "tradition" that has been going on for a few years, where streakers run around (Usually in Edmonton), during the Battle of Alberta Games (or Labour day classics as they're called), at the Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton). Or so that's what I see on Youtube, and read in the papers, when fans with small children write in angry letters to the Sun.

So since the Greycup 2008 is being hosted in Calgary this year. I simply mentioned, that should the Stampeeders loose, then I will streak. (and I'm a fat fat fat fat cat). This will traumatize the players to play their best performance against those Eskimos.

I mentioned "Mr Bigglesworth" Doctor Evil's (parody of James Bond villians), naked cat...

I highly suspect that drunk UA students are behind this funny ritual (streaking), or the frats are anyways).

Will you still do it even though we're facing the Alouettes and the Grey Cup is in Montreal? :unsure::lol: (It's in Calgary next year ;))

Will you still do it even though we're facing the Alouettes and the Grey Cup is in Montreal? :unsure::lol: (It's in Calgary next year ;))

>>> Oh dear.... I seem to have fallen into a Time-temporal-alternate reality-flux capacitator flux... (Bane's Blackhole division by Zero experiments that he keeps on trying to kill me with tends to do this). I'll just call this reality (real world), Stampeders vs Alouettes in Montreal.

And my alternate reality.. Eskimoes vs Stampeeders, in Calgary.... the fun one... In this reality. the Flames have won the Stanley Cup since 1989 onward, and we have EV1 electric cars, and Ralph Kline suffered a stroke while playing cards with Pinochet and Suharto, and Milosovich, and they're all in the retirement home for bad villian leaders... and in this reality, George Bush didn't run for office, because he was too drunk and stupid. Stallone is a real boxer, who punched out Tyson and Lewis and retired undefeated, at the same time enjoying a entertaining movie career, and Philip Micheal Thomas has earned his "EGOT" (what ever the H that is). And in this reality I'm Emperor of China, and I just won the Noble prize for a comprehensive peace plan that reunifies North Korea and the South, and ushers a age of peace with Sino-Nippon-Goreyo-Dai Viet-and Indian relationships. And Obama is still president.... (this is the fun world).

(Now a more rational answer: I didn't know the Montreal-Edmonton Score, and thought Edmonton won. According to one of my customers yesterday at Esso!) :blink: :blink: :blink: but I like my answer... It has more of a Back to the Future, mess around with the timeline feel to it...

>>> Oh dear.... I seem to have fallen into a Time-temporal-alternate reality-flux capacitator flux... (Bane's Blackhole division by Zero experiments that he keeps on trying to kill me with tends to do this). I'll just call this reality (real world), Stampeders vs Alouettes in Montreal.

And my alternate reality.. Eskimoes vs Stampeeders, in Calgary.... the fun one... In this reality. the Flames have won the Stanley Cup since 1989 onward, and we have EV1 electric cars, and Ralph Kline suffered a stroke while playing cards with Pinochet and Suharto, and Milosovich, and they're all in the retirement home for bad villian leaders... and in this reality, George Bush didn't run for office, because he was too drunk and stupid. Stallone is a real boxer, who punched out Tyson and Lewis and retired undefeated, at the same time enjoying a entertaining movie career, and Philip Micheal Thomas has earned his "EGOT" (what ever the H that is). And in this reality I'm Emperor of China, and I just won the Noble prize for a comprehensive peace plan that reunifies North Korea and the South, and ushers a age of peace with Sino-Nippon-Goreyo-Dai Viet-and Indian relationships. And Obama is still president.... (this is the fun world).

(Now a more rational answer: I didn't know the Montreal-Edmonton Score, and thought Edmonton won. According to one of my customers yesterday at Esso!) :blink: :blink: :blink: but I like my answer... It has more of a Back to the Future, mess around with the timeline feel to it...

What a crappy game. :o

Kevin, as you clearly don't watch football, I'll forgive you calling this game 'crappy'. It was probably the most intense, hard-fought game I've seen north of the border in quite a long time. The defenses for both teams were playing balls-out all game and I fail to see how anything about it was 'crappy'. The last six weeks of Stampeder football have honestly been pretty crappy; it's no fun to watch blowouts week in week out. Even when your team is dominating. It gets boring.

Agree with Phury, one of the best games I've seen all year (streaker aside, Eeewwww).

As I had the great fortune to be present with the other 38,000 fans, there were so many great plays that had me out of my seat. I'll start with my 3 stars:

1. Labinjo. Four huge D plays in a row to keep the Leos out of the end zone.

2. Burris. For putting the only 2 TD's on the board.

3. Logan. Until he got hurt, was killing us on the running game.

Drawing to within 3 before half time was critical. Labinjo single-handedly stopping the Loes O-line in the 1 yard line, TWICE, once for a sack. Knocking down a literal, last-second gasp, to keep the good guys on top. Surrounded by hundreds of other passionate fans, who wouldn't give up on anything, even though we were down 12-2.

I'm glad I was there, I wouldn't trade that day for anything. A great way to spend my B-day, and a great game to be back at McMahon for.

I'm done now.

GO STAMPS GO!!!!!!

Don't know about this one. My two favourite teams... in my own city.. so hard to pick a winner and even harder a team to cheer for. I would be happy if both wins, but maybe a little bit more Montreal since it's my city and we host the grey cup.. anyways good luck to both teams.. will be an epic game!

all this bloody waiting.... Gahhhh!

Makes me wonder if they'll be very good because they're fresh or not play good enough because they didn't exercise enough.... meh.

Booo Stamps! :blush:

Makes me wonder if they'll be very good because they're fresh or not play good enough because they didn't exercise enough.... meh.

Booo Stamps! :blush:

Won't have any effect. CFL only plays once a week every week so this isn't any different then the past 16 weeks or whatever it has been. Breaks don't affect them like they can affect an NHL team.