The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

Stamps for Grey cup 2008?

The CFL sucks. Is that what a championship game is in this league? Yikes.

I just can't stand watching, it's like the dullness of watching little league baseball instead of the NFL.

If you don't like it, don't watch. There's plenty of American teams to cheer for.

Bottom line is it's a group of athletes who achieved something they've been dreaming of probably since they were tots. Show some respect.

If you don't like it, don't watch. There's plenty of American teams to cheer for.

Bottom line is it's a group of athletes who achieved something they've been dreaming of probably since they were tots. Show some respect.

Oh yes, I respect them. :P Making the same wage as the guy who is a manager at the 7Eleven while putting their bodies on the line every week.

Hey, they can't score a touchdown in the league, but a field goal is just as exciting. It'd be like if posts counted in the NHL instead of goals.

Oh yes, I respect them. :P Making the same wage as the guy who is a manager at the 7Eleven while putting their bodies on the line every week.

Hey, they can't score a touchdown in the league, but a field goal is just as exciting. It'd be like if posts counted in the NHL instead of goals.

Like I said, if you don't like it then watch the NFL instead. I for one am happy that Calgary at least has something to be proud of. The Flames sure aren't giving us a whole lot of reasons to be excited.

Like I said, if you don't like it then watch the NFL instead. I for one am happy that Calgary at least has something to be proud of. The Flames sure aren't giving us a whole lot of reasons to be excited.

No, I can't watch the NFL either. That's boring, but not deathly boring.

It is nice Calgary has at least one championship team. :mellow: Still waiting on the Hitmen and Flames...

Most Caluable Canada: Deangelis

Most Valuable Player: Burris

Points in the 2nd half by MTL: 1

This was very key.

It was really starting to bother me how all the eastern based writers were suggesting the als were the better team and would put up 30 plus. Take out the first 4 or 5 weeks when they were still learning the system, and the STamps have the best D in the league.

All along they were the better team and I'm glad they proved it today. It was a bit of a joke to think that Montreal was the better team.

This was very key.

It was really starting to bother me how all the eastern based writers were suggesting the als were the better team and would put up 30 plus. Take out the first 4 or 5 weeks when they were still learning the system, and the STamps have the best D in the league.

All along they were the better team and I'm glad they proved it today. It was a bit of a joke to think that Montreal was the better team.

Exactly how I felt. If I hear one more "Calvio" I will seriously punch someone.

Stamps deserved it, they deserved it from the beginning, and they got it.

This was very key.

I imagine they were using the Montreal/Edmonton game and the Calgary/B.C. games as measuring sticks for each teams capability which really didn't make sense to me.

Calgary was 2-0 against Montreal in the regular season and people were saying that meant nothing. They were caught up with AC winning the MOP which I'm not going to get into.

Exactly how I felt. If I hear one more "Calvio" I will seriously punch someone.

Calvillo

(and I spelled it right too!)

Come and get me, pretty boy. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing I'm not that passionate about football or I'd be in agony right now. :mellow:

This was very key.

Even if you include those weeks, we're still the best defensive team in the league. But without them, it's definitely no contest.

And I too couldn't believe all the writers, reporters etc who were picking Montreal. Sure, Montreal has a good team but they're notorious Grey Cup chokers and frankly their stats were inflated by getting to play over 50% of their schedule against the East. They could not beat the West with the exception of Edmonton, so barring a catastrophic screw-up I knew we would win this game.

This was very key.

Well, the TSN panel (grain of salt, blah blah) and I think The Reporters (more salt) had the majority of them thinking Calgary would win, for what thats worth.

As a bit of an aside, this was the first year that I really got into CFL football and I must say, I'm sad the season is over, don't get me wrong, I'm happy as all hell the Stamps won, but now I can only watch boring NFL football!

Thank you Stamps for a great season and congratulations on becoming Grey Cup champions. The Stamps management and owners should also be congratulated from making the right changes after several seasons of the same result.

Even if you include those weeks, we're still the best defensive team in the league. But without them, it's definitely no contest.

And I too couldn't believe all the writers, reporters etc who were picking Montreal. Sure, Montreal has a good team but they're notorious Grey Cup chokers and frankly their stats were inflated by getting to play over 50% of their schedule against the East. They could not beat the West with the exception of Edmonton, so barring a catastrophic screw-up I knew we would win this game.

Point wise, but not yardage wise. All together they weren't quite the best, but very close.

But without those first few weeks, they were easily the best defensive team in the league. Last few week of the season/playoffs they were very tough to score on, yet got no credit coming into this game.

And yeah the Calvillo talk was a bit much. IMO, he won the MVP because of eastern bias and the sympathy vote. He put up 40 touchdowns and 21 of them came against Hamilton and Toronto, the two worst teams in the CFL. I have great respect for what he did this year and his story, but Henry Burris was hands down the best player in the CFL this year.

If you include the rushing of both QB's which I think is fair because it is a big part of the game as well, AC generated 122 more total yards than Burris and had 3 more TDs.

So yeah he still had the bigger numbers but not by much and Burris lead his team to a better record in a more competitive division.

Quite the game, Stamps did a good job and really stepped it up when they needed to. Glad to see them get the win. Doesn't matter what the retarded awards say Burris was the outstanding player of the year hands down.

they all just made the NFL and won the superbowl?

not to attack them, but their dreams up until high school ended was winning the Super Bowl, id like to meet someone who wants the Grey Cup over the Super Bowl