The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UFC 91

I'm looking forward to it from a strictly curious sense. The heavyweight division is really poor and there's no way that Lesnar deserves a shot at the title. Couture should be facing a more accomplished fighter. Lesnar could be great at some point but I don't think he's anywhere near the best heavyweight on the planet.

I'm looking forward to it from a strictly curious sense. The heavyweight division is really poor and there's no way that Lesnar deserves a shot at the title. Couture should be facing a more accomplished fighter. Lesnar could be great at some point but I don't think he's anywhere near the best heavyweight on the planet.

Lesnar is a lot better then some people are giving him credit for. He is by far the best athlete in the heavyweight division, there is no other fighter that can keep up with him physically.

Both Mir and Herring are two very good heavyweights. Lesnar was dominating both fights and Mir only won because Lesnar was lacking BJJ skills. I can guarantee you that he will show much better BJJ in his upcoming fights(he already did show improvement against Herring).

Couture will not have his greatest strength as a fighter against Lesnar and I could see this definitely creating trouble for him. You can't count the guy out but he will definitely have his hands full.

Another watered down UFC card. Hopefully Couture makes Lesnar look like a total bust and dooms the UFC's heavyweight future.

Won't happen, even if Lesnar gets destroyed it won't hurt the UFC's future.

WHAT DID I SAY

WHAT DID I George BushING SAY

BROCK LESNAR IS THE REAL DEAL

Edit: Oh yeah and he is also the Heavyweight Champion...

WHAT DID I SAY

WHAT DID I George BushING SAY

BROCK LESNAR IS THE REAL DEAL

Edit: Oh yeah and he is also the Heavyweight Champion...

Don't get me wrong, I think Lesnar is good. He is smart, HUGE, and very quick. He also deserved the win tonight. I just hate the UFC and if Lesnar would have lost it would have knocked their heavyweight division back a year at least.

NOTE: I said it would hinder their heavyweight future as the UFC has banked heavily on Lesnar. Not that it would doom the UFC.

k upon viewing that punch many times slowed down on replay........ COUTURE threw the fight.

the punch noogied the top of his head and he fell like a sack of seet, I mean even brock looked surprised when he fell out of no where. God knows couture had problems with the pay that ufc fighters recieved and i have a feeling they gave him a big chunk of the pay per view to throw the fight and go away, since they figure Crock Lesner will get more ratings as a champion , they aren't stupid its all about money..... i just wish couture actually fought i think he would have won, lesner looked really tired and the match was pretty short, might have been a good long grinder.

k upon viewing that punch many times slowed down on replay........ COUTURE threw the fight.

the punch noogied the top of his head and he fell like a sack of seet, I mean even brock looked surprised when he fell out of no where. God knows couture had problems with the pay that ufc fighters recieved and i have a feeling they gave him a big chunk of the pay per view to throw the fight and go away, since they figure Crock Lesner will get more ratings as a champion , they aren't stupid its all about money..... i just wish couture actually fought i think he would have won, lesner looked really tired and the match was pretty short, might have been a good long grinder.

Man this isn't the WWE... The fight was not thrown. Couture got hit very close to his temple and that is what rung him, it didn't knock him out or anything but it rang his bell, don't believe me get a friend to nail you in the head right around that location then enjoy your head ache...

Proof that the fight wasn't thrown

a) Lesnar would have held up at the end and Couture would not have tried to stay in it turning his face into a punching bag...

B) The ref would have stopped the fight when he should have stopped it instead of hoping that Couture could recover. 95% of MMA fights would have ended much sooner, the ref was hoping that Couture would recover.

Lesnar has a ton of power in his fists even though his punches aren't lightning fast they do a lot of damage. Don't believe me look at any of his last 3 fights. He rocked Mir, he punched Herring across the ring... he hurt Couture multiple times with shots and then dropped him.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Man this isn't the WWE... The fight was not thrown. Couture got hit very close to his temple and that is what rung him, it didn't knock him out or anything but it rang his bell, don't believe me get a friend to nail you in the head right around that location then enjoy your head ache...

Proof that the fight wasn't thrown

a) Lesnar would have held up at the end and Couture would not have tried to stay in it turning his face into a punching bag...

B) The ref would have stopped the fight when he should have stopped it instead of hoping that Couture could recover. 95% of MMA fights would have ended much sooner, the ref was hoping that Couture would recover.

Lesnar has a ton of power in his fists even though his punches aren't lightning fast they do a lot of damage. Don't believe me look at any of his last 3 fights. He rocked Mir, he punched Herring across the ring... he hurt Couture multiple times with shots and then dropped him.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

na i dont beileve it. the punch grazed the top of his head i guess the intense rug burn on his temple caused his bell to be rung but I dont buy it. Lesner wasnt full on punching him either it was the side of his fist and movement from the elbow down no wind up when he jumped on couture after he fell down. I mean they still had to make it look kind of real but i dont think they sold it quiter well enough. Lesner is a professional at pretending to hurt people he was in wwe, but sure he had to make some contact so it didnt look like total crap but i still could tell it was baloney when couture went down.

the parts leading up to that were real though.

na i dont beileve it. the punch grazed the top of his head i guess the intense rug burn on his temple caused his bell to be rung but I dont buy it. Lesner wasnt full on punching him either it was the side of his fist and movement from the elbow down no wind up when he jumped on couture after he fell down. I mean they still had to make it look kind of real but i dont think they sold it quiter well enough. Lesner is a professional at pretending to hurt people he was in wwe, but sure he had to make some contact so it didnt look like total crap but i still could tell it was baloney when couture went down.

the parts leading up to that were real though.

Did you see Coutures face after the fight... That is the way Lesnar punches when he has his opponent on the ground, I would say it isn't as effective as it could be but he has mangled 3 faces including Coutures doing it so I am not going to argue with it.

It wasn't rigged. It wouldn't have mattered if Couture hadn't gone down then either, he was losing in every aspect of the fight. He was surviving but that was all, not doing any damage against Brock through either wrestling or stand up.

Just wait till Lesnar beats Nogueira and then Fedor ;)

Did you see Coutures face after the fight... That is the way Lesnar punches when he has his opponent on the ground, I would say it isn't as effective as it could be but he has mangled 3 faces including Coutures doing it so I am not going to argue with it.

It wasn't rigged. It wouldn't have mattered if Couture hadn't gone down then either, he was losing in every aspect of the fight. He was surviving but that was all, not doing any damage against Brock through either wrestling or stand up.

Just wait till Lesnar beats Nogueira and then Fedor ;)

well if he lost to Mir he isnt going to beat Noguiera cause Nogieruas even better at submissions and can take a serious whoopin before he gets his submission in and if cant beat Nog he wont touch Fedor .

if he does im done with the heavy division, i just really do not like him, he a smart Gary Bettman, cocky, roid monkey i think someone should test him for juicing and kick his Gary Bettman out to wwe.