The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

2009 NFL Playoff thread

And so far, the Cardinals defense is looking like... well... the Cardinals defense :P

Steelers back in to scoring territory on their 2nd possession.

I'm leaning towards cheering for the Cardinals.

They wear red. And they're the underdogs.

HAHA!!!!! Yea my wife came out from playing on her comp and saw that long pass reception and cheered LOL!!!!! I said " Hey that isn't the Stampeders hun " I doen't know how much of an actual underdog the Cards are. They are not really that bad. Just cause they haven't won a Superbowl doesn't mean anhyting.

Cardinals interception!

And now Warner gets to go to work already in Steelers territory =)

HAHA!!!!! Yea my wife came out from playing on her comp and saw that long pass reception and cheered LOL!!!!! I said " Hey that isn't the Stampeders hun " I doen't know how much of an actual underdog the Cards are. They are not really that bad. Just cause they haven't won a Superbowl doesn't mean anhyting.

They're definitely underdogs, although a lot of people after seeing what went down last year think they could definitely pull it off.

But as you said, defense typically wins championships and this Cardinals defense is technically the worst to ever make the Superbowl. So I'd say that makes them definite underdogs.

Wow, what a finish to this game. Steelers re-take the lead.

Worst superbowl ever? Hardly.

Well, Steelers win. As I said before, I like both teams so I'm just glad this was a great game. :)

Kinda sad to see the Cards come so close and lose though...

What a heart breaker for the Cardinals. Nice come back but it was all for not.

Give credit where it was due. That was one of the greatest super bowl winning touchdown catches you will ever see!

That said, the game was lost by the Cardinals on the last play of the first half... like 99 yard interception return for a touchdown. A 14-point play right there.

Congrats to the Steelers.

Major HM to the Cardinals. Fitz, Hitower among others can pretty much retire now. They will be signed for huge amounts. Not to mention now the Cards are going to be revered much higher within the league. They are the real deal and with a little bit of work on their defense they will get a superbowl eventually. They should be proud. It is very hard to play against the number one defense in the league and one of the better offenses as well. Steelers are the real deal and it is good to see that Rothlisberger is earning his paycheck. I see this guy surpassing Brady by the time his Career is at its end in tons of catagories including Superbowl Wins.

Great game all around and I hope all their fans are happy. They really put on a great show for them tonight.

steelers.gif