The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

Football

I support Canada, and her #88 FIFA ranking. Only 46 points behind 77th ranked Iceland... :(

Only really watch during the Gold Cup (CONCACAF) Euro Championship & World Cup. Then I cheer for the underdogs (which I realize is counterproductive given it means they won't drop down in the rankings allowing Canada's rank to improve).

I'd also like to see more incentives for nationals playing abroad to come home to play for the National team.

Arsenal sucks. :P

I'm a Manchester United fan, Red Star Belgrade fan (if you don't know who they are look up who won the Champions League in 1990 :D:D ) and ofcourse I'm also a Serbia fan.

Is it just me or does anyone else hate the name "football" for the American football? I mean it makes no sense. They kick the ball what like 5 times in a game? :rolleyes:

Vancouver Whitecaps of the United Soccer League. USL Champions in 2006, 2008. Currently trying to expand into MLS.

I would cheer for any of my hometown Calgary teams if there were any.

Obviously Canada internationally as well.

Yeah american football is no football. And Man Utd sucks, but for sure is better than Chelsea.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You do realize they are the English Premier League champions, European champions, AND the WORLD champions? :P

Saying they suck is like saying Detroit sucks. You just don't do it. :o

I don't care how many championships they win. Man Utd. will always suck in front of my eyes and C. Ronaldo will always be a crybaby :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You do realize they are the English Premier League champions, European champions, AND the WORLD champions? :P

Saying they suck is like saying Detroit sucks. You just don't do it. :o

Detroit sucks.

(Actually, I just don't like 'em. Therefore, they suck. </averagefan> )

Guest jsheajr

I like it when the fans dress up in warpaint and start making silly sounds when the clap! I'm cheering for the Calgary Brickmen.

I don't care how many championships they win. Man Utd. will always suck in front of my eyes and C. Ronaldo will always be a crybaby :P

Yes, I would have perfered Ronaldo in Real. Just think what we could have done with all that money. :blink:

Yes, I would have perfered Ronaldo in Real. Just think what we could have done with all that money. :blink:

Many good players (with the exception of a few) end up going to Real and ruining their careers.

I also dislike some of the fans, especially those who jump onto the bandwagon and say they love Man Utd. (just because that might be the only team they know)

Many good players (with the exception of a few) end up going to Real and ruining their careers.

I also dislike some of the fans, especially those who jump onto the bandwagon and say they love Man Utd. (just because that might be the only team they know)

Yes, I think Beckham is the perfect example. He went to Madrid and was crap. Ronaldo too. Yeah I hate those fans too. I was a United fan since I could remember. :D

It would be plain ignorent to say Man U isnt the best club in the world (and I'm not even a fan :P )

Myself? I am a Bayern Munich fan.

You've gotta love the Canadian content in the Bundesliga this year!

It would be plain ignorent to say Man U isnt the best club in the world (and I'm not even a fan :P )

Myself? I am a Bayern Munich fan.

You've gotta love the Canadian content in the Bundesliga this year!

I am guessing you support Germany internationally?

Oliver Kahn is the best goalie by far (even though he has retired)

I am guessing you support Germany internationally?

Oliver Kahn is the best goalie by far (even though he has retired)

Yeah I support Germany and England internationally (even though they're rivals :P ) I also support Canada, but there isnt really much to support. I hope they get better, and I'm sure they will. It will be nice to have DeRosario playing here in Canada this season. He can maybe gain some exposure for Canadian soccer.

Yeah I support Germany and England internationally (even though they're rivals :P ) I also support Canada, but there isnt really much to support. I hope they get better, and I'm sure they will. It will be nice to have DeRosario playing here in Canada this season. He can maybe gain some exposure for Canadian soccer.

I support Germany and Bahrain (I lived there for ten years)! Bahrain nearly made to the world cup the last time around but lost to Trinidad and Tobago (who did make the the world cup) in the very final stage.

Soccer (or Football) is one of 2 sports I cannot stand, (the other being basketball) everytime a guy gets taken off the ball he's "hurt" until it's convienent for him to no longer be "hurt" in which case he's right back up and in the play. And come on, how does a game with 24' nets finish 1-0!!!?!? Seems crazy to me, I know You'll probably all jump down my throat for this, but that's fine, to each his own, and soccer is def not for me..seems more like a track meet with the odd kick of a ball thrown in there. (Although nothing amuses me more then seeing someone COMPLETELY MISS that 8'x24' net on a Penalty Kick, hell even I could hit the net from there 100 times out of 100 :rolleyes: )

I think it is pretty Obvious that Man U is my team and I love being of the Red Devil Nation. My Grandfater actually Played for Man U back in the 1926 to 1929 era and so I have good reason to be a true red army member. And what they accomplished last year would kind of be like if the Flames were to win the Stanley Cup, President's Trophy, Gold Medal at the Olympics and The World Cup of Hockey all in the same year. So Um Yea they are kind of the furthest thing from Suck on the planet and all that disagree shall bow down for forgiveness and mercy at the hands of the Red Devils (Football Gods)

manuhammers.gif

Soccer (or Football) is one of 2 sports I cannot stand, (the other being basketball) everytime a guy gets taken off the ball he's "hurt" until it's convienent for him to no longer be "hurt" in which case he's right back up and in the play. And come on, how does a game with 24' nets finish 1-0!!!?!? Seems crazy to me, I know You'll probably all jump down my throat for this, but that's fine, to each his own, and soccer is def not for me..seems more like a track meet with the odd kick of a ball thrown in there. (Although nothing amuses me more then seeing someone COMPLETELY MISS that 8'x24' net on a Penalty Kick, hell even I could hit the net from there 100 times out of 100 :rolleyes: )

I can't stant American football. I mean, the play stops what every 5 seconds? Come on... :rolleyes:

Football while not an up tempo game is an exciting game. You have to be smart on the field, have the talent and the bravery to play it. As for the penalties...it's a lot harder than it looks. On TV it might be the simplest thing in the world but when you're on the field ready to shoot, it gets whole lot smaller. As for the injuiries they don't wear any pads, so when you do get hurt it hurts. However I agree some players do fake it. I HATE them. I also hate baseball. Why? It's the lamest sport EVER........

In Romania football is the national sport.It's total madness:fans fight between them,the presidents of the clubs are in conflict most of the time.And the Tv Sport Shows,90 % of them,are about Football(can't support the name "soccer").

Go Dinamo Bucharest!

I'm a big fan of Olympique Lyonnais for 3 decades, I've seen everything : the bad times when they were in lower division and the glory years we are in (we're France champions every season since 2002).

My favorite trip is to sing and support my team in the most heated place of Gerland. Sometimes, I do it on the road.

In Romania football is the national sport.It's total madness:fans fight between them,the presidents of the clubs are in conflict most of the time.And the Tv Sport Shows,90 % of them,are about Football(can't support the name "soccer").

Go Dinamo Bucharest!

Isn't Bucharest in Hungary?

No, Bucharest is southern Romania. You're thinking Budapest.

Yup your totally correct. My Bad. I can't believe that I didn't know that cause I am a GEarth Fanatic LOL!!!!! :lol: No matter, they don't have an EPL team anyhow so .. um.. yea

BRiAN.jpgBrian.gif

Yup your totally correct. My Bad. I can't believe that I didn't know that cause I am a GEarth Fanatic LOL!!!!! :lol: No matter, they don't have an EPL team anyhow so .. um.. yea

BRiAN.jpgBrian.gif

At least you know Europe is NOT a country. :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw''>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw[/post]