The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

Football

Except now the Whitecaps and Toronto are in the same league. Annonced the other day that the Whitecaps are joining Major League Soccer for 2011.

They still have not decided if they are going to be the Whitecaps or not when the new team starts.

Except now the Whitecaps and Toronto are in the same league. Annonced the other day that the Whitecaps are joining Major League Soccer for 2011.

Ya know that they are both going to be in the MLS i'll cheer for vancouver as they are closer to me then toronto.

Liverpool completely destroyed the mancs.

I think it was the first time a penalty kick went against them at OT

Who the **** are man united?!

Liverpool struck lucky, that is all. Like Detroit losing 8-0, not a lot of times that is going to happen. If (and I hope they do) meet in the CL, you'll see what MANCHESTER UNITED are truly made of. Liverpool has the history, Manchester United have the future :)

Champions league quarter finals

1)Villarreal Vs Arsenal

2)Mancs Vs Porto

3)Liverpool Vs Chelsea

4)Barcelona Vs Bayern

I predict Arsenal, Manchester, Liverpool and Barcelona going through.

I've got a funny feeling that this draw was fixed.. mancs get all the easy teams

Inter is an easy team? :lol::wacko:

Inter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chelsea

Liverpool struck lucky, that is all. Like Detroit losing 8-0, not a lot of times that is going to happen. If (and I hope they do) meet in the CL, you'll see what MANCHESTER UNITED are truly made of. Liverpool has the history, Manchester United have the future :)

Lucky? We've beat chelsea twice, mancs twice and madrid twice

Have you been a man u fan all your life or are you just like every other one of their glory hunting "fans"?

What affect does me bringing up munich have on you?

Man U is going to lose

Liverpool all the way

I like your style

Lucky? We've beat chelsea twice, mancs twice and madrid twice

Have you been a man u fan all your life or are you just like every other one of their glory hunting "fans"?

What affect does me bringing up munich have on you?

I like your style

Yes, actually I have been a fan of United ever since I could remember and Red Star Belgrade (the team they played with before the crash) is my home country team. Not to mention the fact that it was one of the biggest tragedies in sports. So yes it does affect me.

Chelsea sucks, Madrid also sucks (though they are getting back into form). Yes, you beat us both times, and the victories were deserved. I'm not denying that. But 1-4? How often is that going to happen, especially at Trafford? How often is Vidic going to make the same mistake he did? Not many, so yes in a way it was a fluke win.

I think Bayern would be in the semis.

Think again.

Champions league quarter finals

1)Villarreal Vs Arsenal

2)Mancs Vs Porto

3)Liverpool Vs Chelsea

4)Barcelona Vs Bayern

I predict Arsenal, Manchester, Liverpool and Barcelona going through.

I've got a funny feeling that this draw was fixed.. mancs get all the easy teams

I agree with you except for the Barcelona-Bayern and Villarreal-Arsenal fixtures.

Villarreal looks very strong this year, especially with Giuseppe Rossi and Robert Pires stepping up their games.

Arsenal ..... meanwhile looked weak against Roma, and were lucky they didn't lose to a team that played much better than them

Bayern is explosive with its attack. just look at their 12-1 tharshing of Sporting (who aren't a bad team, that's for sure). Podolski, Klose, Toni and Ribery are difference makers.

I'm not ruling out Barcelona, who have been excellent this campaign, with the likes of Henry, Messi and Marquez playing superbly.

It's going to be a close one between Bayern and Barcelona. Looking forward to watching it (ALONG WITH THE FLAMES GAME AGAINST VANCOUVER ON TUESDAY)

It turns out my Great Uncle was president of Westham United back in the early 1900's.

Ever since that nugget of info was discovered I've been cheering on the Hammers with pride. :D

Going to be a Man Utd. and Barcelona final in the champions league.

Better luck next year Arsenal. Chelsea, I hope you just disappear from EPL as well as the map of soccer.

Big win for Barca today, they really deserved the win. Messi is so fun to watch, he plays beautifully.

Actually one of the best FA cups in the modern era, ask anyone who follows it.

Who do I love? Lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Blue is the colour, football is the game

We're all together and winning is our aim

So cheer us on through the sun and rain

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea is my families team since it started in 1905 (Mom is from Cheam Surrey, London). I have a Chelsea sweater from when I was about 7 (and saw my first live EPL match) and I will give it to my son someday(If I have one).

All the people who say Chelsea sucks....LOL, we spanked Arsenal, gooners fan, or did you forget why you went out of the FA semi's. We smoked Liverpool, or did you guys drink too many calrsbergs and forgot why you lost the CL quarter finals. And Man U? LOL You had 120million POUNDS of strikers lose 2-0 to a team that took over 180 minutes to score on Chelsea AND had to rely on a ref to hand them the last leg, yes even your pretty boy Crynaldo admitted we deserved to be there over Barca.

You were lucky we had Scolari running the show beginning of season else we would of won the PL with EASEEEEEE!!!!! Cmon 1 loss under Guus, goes to show how sht Scolari was, I mean the man didnt even play the best striker in the WORLD, a mister Drogba. Lets hope Ancelotti can pickup what the great dutch Goose left with similar class.

Closer to home Im a whitecaps supporter tho until 2011 I do cheer on Toronto FC as well(sounds almost vile supporting anything out of Toronto doesnt it?). And I cheer for Canada and England, I would cheer on Canada if they played England, but when is that goinna happen? lol

Fav players? Lampard of course, 20 goals a year and as many assists from a true midfielder! Gerrard who?........

And for Canada Im a big fan of DeRosario.

To the guy who says that its easy scoring in football....LOL

Goto the closest soccer field and try and score from outside the box with someone in the post, it takes REMARKABLE talent to be able to combine enough power/accuracy to beat a keeper. Now imagine that with 2-3 people trying to tackle the ball from you. It looks easy, but running 90 yards to score a touch down vs the Steelers looks easy aswell, unfortunately reality is a Doug Risebrough compared to what it looks like.

Gerrard who, you ask? The 2008-2009 Footballer of the year, that's who.

Chelsea did beat us in the CL but we beat you twice in the PL. Plus finished ahead in the standings.

Lampard is just a piece of poo.

George Bush off Chelsea FC you ain't got no history!

hahaha English awards (like alot of the media and fans) are ususally rubbish, go ask Giggs who won PFA with only 2 goals in 15 league starts LOL. Want to win an award in Britian? Better join Man U or 'Pool, don't believe me? 6 players nominated for this years footballer of the year award 5 were Man u and the other was Gerrard....ya really subjective award system. Meanwhile Lamps has his 4th (5th?) consecutive 20 goal season as a midfielder(and 23 assists), kinda like a defencemen scoring 40 goals and 50 assists 4 seasons in a row in the NHL. I mean the only award Lampard has won in England is the FWA player of the year 2005. Hasnt even made the PFA Premier League Team of the Year since 2006(Again out of 11 people only 2 arent on ManU or Liverpool) Why does Super Frank get no love? Because he plays on Chelsea and jealousy is one foul beast in the EPL. Want proof of the bias?

Lampard is a FIFA World player of the year runnerup, Gerrard? never even nominated. Actually Beckham is the only other Brit to have gotten that far in the award selection process in the past 20 years.

UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year? Lamps won it, Gerrard? Of course not! Actually again the only british player other than Lampard to win it is a Mr Beckham. Tho Terry has won it twice as a defender.

So the world organization has listed him as 2nd best player in the world 2005, UEFA listed him as the best midfielder in europe 2008, yet he cant even get recognition in his own country despite being the leading scorer in the qualifiers for 2006 world cup, you think they'd show just a little gratitude (and again as a midfielder, not a striker). Europe values him more than his own league/country, just a lil proof of the ridiculous state of award selections in the EPL.

Sure you beat us in league, it only took the ref handing Frank a red card when Alonso fouled him to get it done. If you dont remember your side coudlnt score until they hand the man advantage. Plus thats nothing compared to Chelsea eliminating you over 2 legs in the Champions League.

Ya you finished ahead of us in standings, congrats, first time in 6 years that Chelsea hasn't been either #1 or 2 in final league standings. Last time 'pool won it was nearly 2 decades ago, no wonder you guys are so worried about history.

See when you are as good as Chelsea, you write history, you dont sit back looking at the long faded glory days :)

Look even today Steve himself wonders at the BS about Frank not even being nominated, and wait low and behold even Pool fans are saying

"gerrard is right, im a liverpool fan and i believe lampard was impressive all season. im not only suprised he wasnt nominated, but suprised he didnt win it, because he only scored a few less than gerrard and played more defensively."

just to qoute 1. See below yourself! :P

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009...-season-awards-

Well unless your speaking of the 05/06 FA cup 3-3 goal fest between Pool n West Ham with Gerrards extra time equalizer, I'd say this beats the rest, and even that goal fest ended in penalty kicks which not many people are big fans of. Almost every other recent FA cup has been a 1-0 scoreline or a comfortable victory for the winning team.

To be fair it was more Everton then anything.

They scored in 26 seconds, then sat back & allowed Chelsea to push up onto them. While playing this long ball crap up to Fellaini, very ugly.

I still can't believe how horrible Manchester played. They let Barca play their game and against them, that's a big no-no. They were fine the first 10 minutes and then just completely disappeared. Kinda like the Flames. :ph34r:

Should of been Chelsea's CL final to win....oh well who ever said reffing in sports is meant to be fair :(