The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

Football

I have a favorite in every top national league.

MLS: DC United

England: Tottenham Hotspur

Spain: FC Barcelona

Germany: FC Schalke 04

Italy: SS Lazio

Portugal: Sporting Clube de Portugal (I am 1/8th portuguese)

Brasil (yes I spell it like they do): Sport-Club do Gremio

France: Paris Saint-Germain

Scotland: Celtic

Netherlands: FC Twente-Enschede

Guest jsheajr

It's World Cup time again! Time for Soccerrrrrr Hooliganism! Where we all wear panty hose, (or ski masks) or war paint. Run around drunk throwing beer bottles at cops, scarring them for life, ayayayayayyayayyayaayayayyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well, Cristiano Ronaldo has been (unofficial) signed by Real Madrid today. Apparently united has agreed to a 80 million pounds deal. It's worth about $130 million (american) :wacko::blink::blink::blink::wacko::rolleyes:<_<:huh:

Finally this saga is about end. :) Ronaldo go, we don't need you, NO PLAYER is bigger than the club!

He's like Sean Avery, a whiny bi***, except with talent. :lol:

Ya, theyve spent over 200mill US on 2 players LOL

You know, having a team stacked with egotistical all stars always equals success!!!!

Signed 2004 USA Dream team Mens Olympic Basketball

I bet Man U raid Ribery from Bayern now.

Ya, theyve spent over 200mill US on 2 players LOL

You know, having a team stacked with egotistical all stars always equals success!!!!

Signed 2004 USA Dream team Mens Olympic Basketball

I bet Man U raid Ribery from Bayern now.

Or you know.. pay off some of their 700million pound debt

Shirt sales are going to plummet for the mancs. Watch everyone turn into a madrid fan now.

More like watch Rooney get a personal best record in goals now that someone other than CR& is allowed to shoot the ball.

Where I come from (Scotland) football is the national sport so I've been raised to love the game and truth be told I do. I support Glasgow Rangers of the SPL & Everton of the EPL, also got a fondness for Cardiff too. Really don't like Man City anymore think they've ruined the transfer market (much like Real Madrid are doing) by offering crazy transfer fees (Santa Cruz for £19 mill no thanks!!!!)

I have been a Manchester City supporter since the day I was born, my Great Grandfather was Chairman of the Ground Committee back in his days, so I was never likely to support anyone else! Had a season ticket for 16 years now.

We have had a good off season, bringing in some quality players, really looking forward to going to Blackburn away on the opening day of the season, should be very interesting.

As for us ruining the transfer market, don't make me laugh!

Man City haven't ruined the transfer market but they haven't helped it either. City along with Real Madrid have made it tough for teams with not so much money to sign quality players since they are paying way over the odds for the players they are bringing in (Santa Cruz for £19 mill!!!).