The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

Rookie Adenhart Killed

Cody Summary: Rookie A pitcher for the Angels was killed in a hit and run after pitching on Weds. He was only 22 years old.

I think it adds to the sadness factor that he was a 14th round pick and he made it all the way to the majors. To have his life ended so early is sad.

Guest jsheajr

Who do idiots think drunk driving is cool? Some drunk hit him and drove off. What ever happened to drinking at home... Like the sheer though of my bone particles impacting another bunch of particles, (ie a ancient tree, a mail box, pedestrians, another car. a brick wall), and the feeling of my bones popping out of my skin, like that prevents me from even thinking of drunk driving. Or even the brain edema...

Who do idiots think drunk driving is cool? Some drunk hit him and drove off. What ever happened to drinking at home... Like the sheer though of my bone particles impacting another bunch of particles, (ie a ancient tree, a mail box, pedestrians, another car. a brick wall), and the feeling of my bones popping out of my skin, like that prevents me from even thinking of drunk driving. Or even the brain edema...

I must have missed the part referencing the influence of alcohol. :huh:

Either way, that's terrible. My condolences. :( Having lost a sibling myself in a similar and sudden manner, I can sympathize with the family, and I hope that the Angels and other people around them are able to provide solid support to the family.

Guest jsheajr
I must have missed the part referencing the influence of alcohol. :huh:

Either way, that's terrible. My condolences. :( Having lost a sibling myself in a similar and sudden manner, I can sympathize with the family, and I hope that the Angels and other people around them are able to provide solid support to the family.

The guy who hit the kid pitcher, was drunk, and he drove off.... Unless I must be thinking of something competely different and mistaking it for this guy.

People are still awaiting the results with a case such as this it can take months to a couple years. The problem is Gallo had 3 previous DUIs and he had been stopped by Fullerton police before I believe Anaheim police also had pulled him over. I guess it'sbecause at that time the police did not have enough evidence to bring him downtown.

Adenhart's father in the game after he died sat at his son's locker in the  Angels locker room. The Angels take his jersey on every road game.

Dodgers pitcher James McDonald was pretty close to Adenhart. Several Dodgers pitched against  (or with) Adenhart in the minors. Adenhart also pitched his bullpen for the Dodgers awhile ago in Spring Training. The Dodgers didnt have an available pitcher, so they were asking around, and Adenhart happily volunteered saying he need to pitch his bullpen anyways.

Gallo's mother gave him the car to drive even if her son had a suspended license on not paying a petty traffic/parking ticket but his license was suspended because he had 3 previous DUIs.

There's a thing my friend told me that Courtney Stewart the driver was 'buzzed' which one thing is Stewart was 20 which means she was underage at the time. I haven't seen any further reports about it but her aunt works with the police, so there's connections there.