The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

New Yankee Stadium is a disaster

I love it. I dislike the Yankees, but even more I hate the fact they demolished a lengendary stadium like that for more profit and more seats. I hate that, and hate the fact even more of what they are charging to go to this place. Apparantly there is no way of paying less than $100 to see a game in that stadium. Thats ridiculous.

So i've taken alot of sollace in the losing ways of the Yankees in their new stadium. Especially the good old 22-4 loss the other day. Thats was awesome.

I'm suprised though, because the layout and structure is really not all that different from the old Yankee stadium, and they are side by side so the conditions havn't changed. That 22-4 game I would chalk more towards Wang havn't a terrible start to the season.

Baseball? That game is still being played and people are still paying to watch it? I lost respect for baseball a long time ago and have not watched one game since, not even a World Series Game.

I love it. I dislike the Yankees, but even more I hate the fact they demolished a lengendary stadium like that for more profit and more seats. I hate that, and hate the fact even more of what they are charging to go to this place. Apparantly there is no way of paying less than $100 to see a game in that stadium. Thats ridiculous.

So i've taken alot of sollace in the losing ways of the Yankees in their new stadium. Especially the good old 22-4 loss the other day. Thats was awesome.

I'm suprised though, because the layout and structure is really not all that different from the old Yankee stadium, and they are side by side so the conditions havn't changed. That 22-4 game I would chalk more towards Wang havn't a terrible start to the season.

The seating in the new one is apparently less sloped, which doesn't cut the wind off as completely as the old one. This would be so perfect if pitchers just decide to forego the Yankees and go sign for, say, the Padres or Marlins. That'd be funny.

The seating in the new one is apparently less sloped, which doesn't cut the wind off as completely as the old one. This would be so perfect if pitchers just decide to forego the Yankees and go sign for, say, the Padres or Marlins. That'd be funny.

I'm just suprised that it would make that much of a different.

Makes the contracts they just gave out to Burnett and Sabathia even more laughable thoguh. Thats potentially 40 million dollars a year wasted.

I'm just suprised that it would make that much of a different.

Makes the contracts they just gave out to Burnett and Sabathia even more laughable thoguh. Thats potentially 40 million dollars a year wasted.

Well, we knew whatever money they gave Burnett in a non-contract year would be a waste anyway...

Baseball? That game is still being played and people are still paying to watch it? I lost respect for baseball a long time ago and have not watched one game since, not even a World Series Game.

CHEERS!

I hate that, and hate the fact even more of what they are charging to go to this place. Apparantly there is no way of paying less than $100 to see a game in that stadium. Thats ridiculous.

Please get your facts straight. I'm not saying I like the new stadium, but who are you hearing this stuff from? please think before you just believe and spread everything anyone says.

Just went on ticketmaster:

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description

239 20 Standard Admission US $5.00 US $3.50 Bleacher Seating

so, 8.50. Damn that's different than $100 minimum. While these seats obviously aren't good, you can still go see a game for under $10.

Please get your facts straight. I'm not saying I like the new stadium, but who are you hearing this stuff from? please think before you just believe and spread everything anyone says.

Just went on ticketmaster:

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description

239 20 Standard Admission US $5.00 US $3.50 Bleacher Seating

so, 8.50. Damn that's different than $100 minimum. While these seats obviously aren't good, you can still go see a game for under $10.

Thus why I said apparantly. NO need to get offended becuase I got the price of a ticket at Yankee Stadium wrong. I have friends searching for them and thats all they've found.

And oh, just to get facts straight

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp' target="_blank">Pricing for Yankee Stadium[/post]

Only way to pay less than $50 is to sit in the very top spection of the main stadium, or in the bleachers which is a terrible seat. That is still ridiculous. Especially when I paid $50 to sit about 20 rows up in from left field in Fenway.

Could you IMAGINE someone actually paying $375 a game for seasons tickets? WTF?! FOR BASEBALL? 82 fricken snoozefests?!

If this park does allow more runs (were Yankees playing at home when they surrendered 21?) at least it'll keep the patrons awake.

Could you IMAGINE someone actually paying $375 a game for seasons tickets? WTF?! FOR BASEBALL? 82 fricken snoozefests?!

If this park does allow more runs (were Yankees playing at home when they surrendered 21?) at least it'll keep the patrons awake.

Thanks kev, I just vomited in my mouth.

It's the same for the NHL in some markets in the US. They don't understand hockey, so they can't understand paying to watch it. While $375 is expensive, it's New York, where there are enough people with insane amounts of money who have grown up with baseball. It makes sense that they sell their product for as much as they can.

It's the same for the NHL in some markets in the US. They don't understand hockey, so they can't understand paying to watch it. While $375 is expensive, it's New York, where there are enough people with insane amounts of money who have grown up with baseball. It makes sense that they sell their product for as much as they can.

Absolutly. I'm not disagreeing with the theory of supply and demand. What I think sucks, is that they really increased their prices from the old stadium to the new one. Product is the same, demand will eventually be the same, but yet they want to charge so much more.

I went to the old Yankee Stadium last year, and the same seats would cost me $20 more than i paid. Thats where I find it quite ridiculous. But your right its supply and demand. I just think thta when demand comes down, which it always does with a new stadium, you'll see the Yankees suffere a bit. Lots of people in New york, from talking to them and reading the papers, are very upset about the price of the new tickets.

Well it looks like Supply is exceeding demand in the Bronx right now.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276060

NEW YORK - At the new Yankee Stadium, the best seats in the house have turned out to be the emptiest.

The most expensive spots in America's costliest ballpark have become an embarrassment packing a financial sting to the proud New York Yankees, as the Legends Suite section in the infield has been filled only once in the six games since the US$1.5-billion stadium opened last week.

On most days, the seats that cost $500-$2,500 as part of season tickets and go up to $2,625 for individual games haven't been close to full. And as TV cameras pick up the patchy attendance with every pitch, it serves as a little tweak to the nation's richest baseball franchise.

Well it looks like Supply is exceeding demand in the Bronx right now.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276060''>http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276060' target="_blank">http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276060[/post]

Thats kinda what I was getting at.

I'm all for supply and demand. Its the foundation of North American economics. But the Yankees didn't increase demand for tickets with the new stadium. Save for the first few games, your not increasing your demand for tickets by opening the new stadium, and if I recall correctly they even increased their seating capacity. So supply went above demand, yet they increased ticket prices by a fair bit. People tend to see right through that, and even people in New York have. Its a total cash grab to try and recoup the money they put into the buildling as quickly as possible.

And like i mentioned, even last year when they were releaseing what tickets were going to run for the next season, there were many New Yorkers extrememly upset about it.

Guest jsheajr

This is what happens when you don't factor the Chinese mythical Fung Shui calculations.....

The seating in the new one is apparently less sloped, which doesn't cut the wind off as completely as the old one.

With all that money spent on the new stadium, why can't the seats incline and decline depending on the team that's batting/pitching?

+1

Well, if you didn't watch a game since *no frame of reference*, why would you watch the last game of a season?

Furthermore, this thread is speaking to the architectural flaws in a stadium which happen to completely screw over an evil organization. It's not a 'Baseball: Yay or Nay' thread.

Imagine you'd started a thread like 'Who has seen X-Men Origins: Wolverine' and I posted a reply 'I don't watch movies'. If you're not going to bring anything meaningful, and even if you insist on doing so, try to explain why.

Well, if you didn't watch a game since *no frame of reference*, why would you watch the last game of a season?

Furthermore, this thread is speaking to the architectural flaws in a stadium which happen to completely screw over an evil organization. It's not a 'Baseball: Yay or Nay' thread.

Imagine you'd started a thread like 'Who has seen X-Men Origins: Wolverine' and I posted a reply 'I don't watch movies'. If you're not going to bring anything meaningful, and even if you insist on doing so, try to explain why.

Why is it an evil organization? It's not like they're creating a nation of obesity to make a quick buck or pushing cigarettes on kids or anything. They're an entertainment franchise just like any other.

Granted, I'm not really familiar with any kind of major sports association besides the NHL, but is there some kind of reason that the Yankees have this reputation as an evil organization?

Why is it an evil organization? It's not like they're creating a nation of obesity to make a quick buck or pushing cigarettes on kids or anything. They're an entertainment franchise just like any other.

Granted, I'm not really familiar with any kind of major sports association besides the NHL, but is there some kind of reason that the Yankees have this reputation as an evil organization?

They charge $15 for a beer. That's just Satanic!

They charge $15 for a beer. That's just Satanic!

$9, if i remember correctly, it was for a bottle of beer. No draft, just a bottle and it was 8 or 9 bucks at Yankee Stadium. Thats was a very tough pill to swallow.

I won't speak for anyone, and i'm not sure i'd use to term "Evil", but the Yankees represent alot of what is wrong with pro sports.

Then Yankees are the New York Rangers of MLB, only about 5 times worse. The Rangers spent a ton, but they never overspent their next competitor by the amount the Yankee do. I beleive the Yankees this year are spending upwards of 20-30 million more than the next team in MLB. At least they were last year. They just continue to buy up talent after talent. They don't develop anyone, they just buy them. (yes for baseball fans who want to try and correct me I know the Joba Camberlin is not a FA but i'm using genarlizations here.)

What makes it worse, is that all these "stars" go here for more money than they are worth and then few live up to it. So it inflates salaries everywhere and means that really the top FA on the market every year are destined for NY becuase they can afford to pay them. So "evil" is not that far off.

But, they are starting to come undoen. I mean you see teams like the Red Sox, Ray, and even the Jays catching or passing them in a divisioin where they all spend significantly less. The Red Sox lowered their payrol this season, Yankess raised it significatnly, and the Sox just swept them. Rays spend about a quarter of what the Yankees do and are as good if not a better team.

I won't speak for anyone, and i'm not sure i'd use to term "Evil", but the Yankees represent alot of what is wrong with pro sports.

Then Yankees are the New York Rangers of MLB, only about 5 times worse. The Rangers spent a ton, but they never overspent their next competitor by the amount the Yankee do. I beleive the Yankees this year are spending upwards of 20-30 million more than the next team in MLB. At least they were last year. They just continue to buy up talent after talent. They don't develop anyone, they just buy them. (yes for baseball fans who want to try and correct me I know the Joba Camberlin is not a FA but i'm using genarlizations here.)

What makes it worse, is that all these "stars" go here for more money than they are worth and then few live up to it. So it inflates salaries everywhere and means that really the top FA on the market every year are destined for NY becuase they can afford to pay them. So "evil" is not that far off.

But, they are starting to come undoen. I mean you see teams like the Red Sox, Ray, and even the Jays catching or passing them in a divisioin where they all spend significantly less. The Red Sox lowered their payrol this season, Yankess raised it significatnly, and the Sox just swept them. Rays spend about a quarter of what the Yankees do and are as good if not a better team.

In their glory days of the late '90's they did mostly develop their talent with guys like Jeter, Williams, Posada, Pettite and Rivera. They also had guys like Tino Martinez and Paul Oneill who weren't the best players at their position but were leaders, and Scott Brosius who was never had any all-star seasons, but seemed to be a factor in every playoff series. Giambi was a total bust for the money spent, A-Rod has put up better numbers then Brosius, but disappeared every playoff, and Godzilla always seems to be injured. The Sox also spend alot of money, but have done great at developing players like Pedroia, Lowrie, Ellsbury and Papelbon. The Rays finally got rewarded for having a horrible existence. Even Philly developed most of their key players. Watching the Yankees either miss the playoffs of make a quick exit doesn't hurt my feelings though.

In their glory days of the late '90's they did mostly develop their talent with guys like Jeter, Williams, Posada, Pettite and Rivera. They also had guys like Tino Martinez and Paul Oneill who weren't the best players at their position but were leaders, and Scott Brosius who was never had any all-star seasons, but seemed to be a factor in every playoff series. Giambi was a total bust for the money spent, A-Rod has put up better numbers then Brosius, but disappeared every playoff, and Godzilla always seems to be injured. The Sox also spend alot of money, but have done great at developing players like Pedroia, Lowrie, Ellsbury and Papelbon. The Rays finally got rewarded for having a horrible existence. Even Philly developed most of their key players. Watching the Yankees either miss the playoffs of make a quick exit doesn't hurt my feelings though.

Yah, I was referring more to their latest philosphy than overall. They started out with just churhing out amazing talent. Even still a good portion of their core now is guys that they drafted and/or developed in Jeter, Posada, Riveria, Cabrera( althought he really isn't anything special anymroe) Cano, Camberlin. But lately they've lately just been spending like crazy to fill hole rather than trying to develop anyone. I mean they seemed to be so high on PHil Huges, but yet then they go out and spend a few hundred million to bring in Burnett and Sabathia.

I'm really suprised they continue to do that though, when it appears throughout MlB that its not working. The Sox were on that type of path too. They handed Ramirez a ton of money to lure him, but basically year after year were just loading up on FA. Then Theo Epstein came along and said no more. We're going to keep our prospects, build a core and then only retool with some FA, but bulid out team that way. Years back he had the opportunity to acqurie Johan Santana. But guys like Pedroia and Elisbery needed to be invovled and he said no. Thats turned out pretty good for the Red Sox. They know how to build a team.

^I laughed when the Yanks signed Burnett I think his stats were padded last year by being dominant against their lineup. They would of been better off letting him go the the Braves. CC's not working out too well so far either.