Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Don

Football (the pigskin kind)

40 posts in this topic

Let's Go Ravens!!!

No Welker, the golden boy with 3 broken ribs, a broken finger on his throwing hand, and an angry Ravens team should = a win for my boys in Purple!!!

I'm picking a Chargers vs. Packers Superbowl. San Diego has been the hottest team and slid under the radar due to the Colts in the AFC they need it to show they are legit. Packers finished the season 7-1, Arizona I don't believe will repeat their unexpected run last year. Saints slid into the playoffs and the Vikes also not as hot.

Playoff Predictions for this week's NFL action:

Bengals over Jets

Cowboys over Eagles

Patriots over Ravens

Packers over Cardinals

[quote name=laugh.giflittlereddevil]Playoff Predictions for this week's NFL action:

Bengals over Jets

Cowboys over Eagles

Patriots over Ravens

Packers over CardinalsWow.  Really nailed that one didn't you?roll.gif

Honestly, I didn't think Purple Reign would beat the Pats, but sweet jeebus, that was destruction.laugh.gif

Bring on the Colts! 

[quote name='the_hanson_brothers wrote:

laugh.gif

littlereddevil']Playoff Predictions for this week's NFL action:

Bengals over Jets

Cowboys over Eagles

Patriots over Ravens

Packers over Cardinals

Wow.  Really nailed that one didn't you?roll.gif

Honestly, I didn't think Purple Reign would beat the Pats, but sweet jeebus, that was destruction.laugh.gif

Bring on the Colts! 

Brady was battered and Welker was broken. If i was a gambling man I would have bet a lot on the Ravens.

My Predictions:

Jets over Chargers

Cowboys over Minnisota

Arizona over New Orleans

Colts over Baltimore (toughest one IMO)

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaannnnddd..... We're done.

We officially got creamed. The D held Peton to 20 points, but our Offence reeked big time. No 3 headed monster. We ran the ball 17 times!!!! 17! after 52 against a better run D in the Pats.

Oh well, looking forward to the draft.

[quote name='the_hanson_brothers wrote:

laugh.gif

littlereddevil']Playoff Predictions for this week's NFL action:

Bengals over Jets

Cowboys over Eagles

Patriots over Ravens

Packers over Cardinals

Wow.  Really nailed that one didn't you?roll.gif

Bring on the Colts! 

You never know in football. Upsets do happen.

Boy did I ever do lousy that week eyes.gif

Anyways, I think we'll see a Colts-Saints Super Bowl, unless there's an upset from the Jets and Vikings.

Anyone pay attention to Keith Brooking getting mad? Vikings going for it on 4th and 3 in the last minute when they were already up by a lot...they did this against the Giants when they were up 37-0 too....I hate the Viks....Favre is a chump...i mean first Green Bay, then retires in an email to the jets and goes to the vikings....and the William's and Edwards (3/4 of their D-Line) have taken PHD's and Allen (1/4 of their d-line) has 3 DUI and has turned with life around but still i dont like him on the feild.

I think the lack of safties cause NO to beat Minni

Jets pull the upset on the Colts...Revis Island is that good. The Jets help the Saints Offense to 10 points so they can stop the Colts plus the Colts have the worst Run D and the Jets have the best Run

Well, after an eventful Draft, in which my Ravens traded their 1st round pick to Denver for a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th so Denver could get.... Tim Tebow??? Talk about fleecing. Wow.

So we get this guy named Terence Cody, a nose tackle from Alabama, whose nickname is "Mount Cody", in the second round. He is big. Check that. He is massive. 6' 5, 360 pounds. And this sucker can do a backflip. Oh ya he can. Putting him beside Ngata (345) and having Pryce (300) and Redding (300) on the ends, you have a 1300 pound problem for the offensive line. The new nickname? Mount Crushmore.

And now, just so you don't think the Ravens are a one dimensional team anymore, you still have QB Joe Cool, pro bowler Ray Rice at RB, pro bowler LeRon McClain at FB, and in the offseason, Ozzie picked up Q Boldin at receiver. The Ravens are now 1 of 4 teams to have 2 1000 yard receivers on their team. Plus they picked up Donte Stallworth as a speedster for the long ball, which Flacco can unleash, and you have Clayton returning, possibly as the 4th receiver to burn your dime package corner. UH OH!!!

God I can't wait for August!!!

I thought the Ravens were SB contenders last year, and its hard to say thats changed this year with the improvements.

there is no question that the Ravens are finally a balanced team offensive and defensivly. I would actually argue that now the Ravens offence is better and more important than their D. I think their D has lost too many players lately and they still have corner questions. Hopefully Stallworth can be that deep threat that will allow flacco to stretch the field, and then effecitvely use Boldin underneat.

I can't wait for the season either, as my Packers are on the rise. One of the top QBs in the league, one of the top WR cores and some extra depth on the OL they didn't have last year. Defence is going to be in the 2nd year of their scheme, and while they do have some OLB question there should be enough skill there. Definetly have to be considered a top 5 team in the NFC, and potentially top 3 with how much some of the NFC teams lost last during this offseason.

I thought the Ravens were SB contenders last year, and its hard to say thats changed this year with the improvements.

there is no question that the Ravens are finally a balanced team offensive and defensivly. I would actually argue that now the Ravens offence is better and more important than their D. I think their D has lost too many players lately and they still have corner questions. Hopefully Stallworth can be that deep threat that will allow flacco to stretch the field, and then effecitvely use Boldin underneat.

I can't wait for the season either, as my Packers are on the rise. One of the top QBs in the league, one of the top WR cores and some extra depth on the OL they didn't have last year. Defence is going to be in the 2nd year of their scheme, and while they do have some OLB question there should be enough skill there. Definetly have to be considered a top 5 team in the NFC, and potentially top 3 with how much some of the NFC teams lost last during this offseason.

The Ravens never had enough offense last year to be considered a true SB contender.  Their D was atrocious for the first 5 games, but it started to come around near the end.  Ed Reed was hurt for a number of games, and will most likely start this year on the PUP list, missing at least 6 games.  He says he is at 35% right now, after his hip surgery (In which they removed a piece of floating bone...sick.gif)  T-Sizzle had the worst year since his rookie season after signing a huge 6 year deal, coming in at 280 instead of his customary 260.  Out of shape.  Hopefully he is better this year, and I think he will be.

Ray Rice was awesome, but between him, Heap and D-Mase, there just wasn't enough weapons.  Hopefully the off season aquisitions will gel into something special.  I know I would love Ray Ray to end his career with another ring...

You're Packers ( whom I call the fudge in a good natured jibe to a  Pack fan friend of mine) are indeed on the rise.  You will likely miss Jolly this year, but he can hopefully be replaced by your second round pick, Mike Neal.  You had the number 1 Run D in the league last year, and the number 2 overall, ahead of my Ravens.  You were also ranked 6th in overall offense, to my Ravens 13th.  Your pack seems to have found the balance between offense and Defense.  Now if only you could find a way to beat Brett, huh?

Here's a bold prediction.  It will be my Ravens and your Pack in the Superbowl this year.  

Thats not that bold of a prediction. Could very well happen.

Big thing with beating Brett last year was two fold. 1 - the Vikings defence ate them up. In the frist game Clifton was hurt and they moved Colledge over to LT who got eaten alive by Jared Allen, and TJ Lang only faired slightly better. With having Bulaga back there in case Clifton gets hurt, I 'don't see the vikes D being able to rack up sacks and pressure numbers like the did.

But Favre really picked the Packers D apart, as did most of the good QBs the Pack played last year. I think the Pack played some very vanilla schemes against the vikes last year, and i'm hopefully that Capers can put some better packages in there this summer to beat the Vikes. I fully expect them to, given that i also expect Aaron Rodgers to play better this year than last.

Jollys a loss, but really only because of depth. They've also already moved Pickett over to the end position and Raji to the nose because they knew Jolly was giong to miss time. Jolly really is only good once every 3 or 4 games, and then very avg for the rest.

The Fudge are too good to get beat by Brett this year.  I think you have all the right tools to do it, if you can get over what seems like a mental block.  Come pool time, I will be betting on GB. 

The Ravens have been steadily going down hill this week.  Their top pick in the draft fell down 2 flights of stairs, fracturing his skull.  Their 2nd pick couldn't pass the conditioning test so he couldn't partake of the TC.  (He passed it today, finally, and has since been nicknamed "Cheeseburger")  Ed Reed has been publicly complaining, from not being happy with his contract-

Yah and that follows them having to cancell part of their mini camp because their schedule didn't fit with NHL rules.

Mount Cody will be an interesting case. Thats a whole lot of man right there. I'm not really convinced he's going to make all that great of an NFLer but he should be able to spell the Nose every now and then.

I felt bad for Kindle. Thats a pretty brutal injury to have. I think he would have fit in nice on the Raven D.

Yah and that follows them having to cancell part of their mini camp because their schedule didn't fit with NHL rules.

Mount Cody will be an interesting case. Thats a whole lot of man right there. I'm not really convinced he's going to make all that great of an NFLer but he should be able to spell the Nose every now and then.

I felt bad for Kindle. Thats a pretty brutal injury to have. I think he would have fit in nice on the Raven D.

Cody ballooned up past 380 before, during the senior bowl. 

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/assets_c/2010/01/terrence-cody-weigh-in-thumb-200x271.jpg

Deeeee- Licious.  He's down below 350 now,  but still a big dude. 

EDIT**

Don't click the link if you just ate.