The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UFC 100

I can't wait for this. It is going to be George Bushing awesome. The main card is unbelievable and even the preliminary card has some fights that I am dying to see.

I think Lesnar will win this time, he was beating the crap out of Mir their first go and then because of inexperience and little training kind of paused and just stood there with his leg hanging out for Mir to grab. That isn't going to happen this time.

St. Pierre is going to dismantle Alves imo. Alves is big and strong with pretty good striking and will pose a problem for GSP but I think eventually GSP will take him down and punish him. Alves could land the one big shot though so there could be an upset.

I am going with Bisping in the Hendo fight. He is a well rounded fighter and his only loss is a split decision to a very good fighter in Rashad. Henderson should have lost the Franklin fight and would have lost 3 of his last 4(albeit very tough competition), the only reason he won was because he George Bushed Franklin's eye up with an eye poke and Franklin was semi usless for the last couple minutes. I think we will see Bisping outpoint Hendo like Franklin was doing.

Fitch is going to absolutely destroy Thiago. This is the one fight that I dislike on the card. Thiago got a lucky punch in on Koschek who was winning the fight. His striking is horrible and Fitch is much bigger and will dictate where the fight takes place.

The Akiyama Belcher fight is a hard one to call. Belcher when on his game is quite dangerous but he seems to have a fair amount of off nights. I really do not know who to take on this one.

On the prelims I would like to see Coleman, Miller, Jones, Kim, Dollaway and Grice win their fights.

I am going with Bisping in the Hendo fight. He is a well rounded fighter and his only loss is a split decision to a very good fighter in Rashad. Henderson should have lost the Franklin fight and would have lost 3 of his last 4(albeit very tough competition), the only reason he won was because he George Bushed Franklin's eye up with an eye poke and Franklin was semi usless for the last couple minutes. I think we will see Bisping outpoint Hendo like Franklin was doing.

I agree with you on all of your main card predictions except this one, I really don't see Bisping beating a guy like Henderson. I think Bisping has gotten a bit overrated due to his record, though he has only fought 2 very good fighters to this point. The first being Rashad, who he lost to. The second being Hamill, and even the biggest Bisping fans will tell you he had no business winning that fight.

I can see this fight going to a decision, but I really hope Henderson just knocks out Bisping.

Hendo is going to DESTROY Bisping.

Bisping is a formidible striker, but his ground game is sub-par. Hendo is Granite-Jawed, and has KO power in his hands. Oh, and you could say he is Fair-to-middlin' on the ground. ;)

Bisping has no chance.

I am actually surprised at how many people are picking Mir over Lesnar, I figured the Lesnar/Mir fight and the GSP/Alves fights would be blowouts on this poll. Lesnar made a rookie mistake in his first fight with Mir that I just don't see him making again, I don't think people remember how much he was dominating him in that fight until he left his leg vulnerable to a submission. I would be very surprised if this fight goes past the second round, Lesnar's ground game is just ridiculous.

I can't wait for this. It is going to be George Bushing awesome. The main card is unbelievable and even the preliminary card has some fights that I am dying to see.

I think Lesnar will win this time, he was beating the crap out of Mir their first go and then because of inexperience and little training kind of paused and just stood there with his leg hanging out for Mir to grab. That isn't going to happen this time.

St. Pierre is going to dismantle Alves imo. Alves is big and strong with pretty good striking and will pose a problem for GSP but I think eventually GSP will take him down and punish him. Alves could land the one big shot though so there could be an upset.

Fitch is going to absolutely destroy Thiago. This is the one fight that I dislike on the card. Thiago got a lucky punch in on Koschek who was winning the fight. His striking is horrible and Fitch is much bigger and will dictate where the fight takes place.

The Akiyama Belcher fight is a hard one to call. Belcher when on his game is quite dangerous but he seems to have a fair amount of off nights. I really do not know who to take on this one.

On the prelims I would like to see Coleman, Miller, Jones, Kim, Dollaway and Grice win their fights.

I was wrong about the Bisping fight ending but Bisping was outpointing him until the knockout, I actually thought he would be able to avoid Henderson's telegraphed right but he kept circling into it...  8 for 11, not bad.(yes I counted the Belcher as a win for me because that was a very close/controversial fight.

UFC 100 couldn't have gone any better in my eyes, for the first time I got all my picks right including Mir getting KO'd in round 2.

The night was made for me after Hendo absolutely destroyed Bisping though, that KO was huge and the second shot was even bigger. How about Brock though, I still like the guy but he really showed no class with the way things ended tonight.

UFC 100 couldn't have gone any better in my eyes, for the first time I got all my picks right including Mir getting KO'd in round 2.

The night was made for me after Hendo absolutely destroyed Bisping though, that KO was huge and the second shot was even bigger. How about Brock though, I still like the guy but he really showed no class with the way things ended tonight.
I have been standing up for Brock since this fight ended tonight...

What he did was not respectful and probably not the best thing for him to do but the guy has taken a lot of verbal abuse from both Mir and lots of MMA fans etc.  Even after his win tonight people are still saying he is just a big ape with no skill.

When you hear that kind of crap every day for months on end and then prove all those people wrong it is very easy to lose control like he did tonight.

If you go back to his fight with Couture, Couture treated him with respect before the fight and Brock was a gentleman after the fight.  Brock gets easily worked up though and Mir did a great job at lighting a fire in him.

I completely agree with the whole Mir thing, Mir has nobody to blame but himself. The guy got lucky and should never have won the first fight. It's the same reason I hate Bisping, he trash talks Hamil even though he stole the victory.

The salute to the fans and the dissing of the sponsors just caught me off guard, I still love Brock and I like what he has brought to the UFC.

i think the first fight of the night was perhaps the most exciting.

to the guy who said bisping was outpointing henderson, he may have been, but it was close, and he showed no skill or preperation by continuing to circle to the right...his corner was livid after the first round yet he still continued doing it. Henderson even said he didnt think it was a good idea. Im glad it happened, bisping needed to get shut up.

GSP is a great fighter, but I still dont like him and voerall that fight wasnt very boring, Alves was pretty banged up after the fight but i didnt see GSP land much other then take down after take down...Im still not a GSP fan, and he didnt show much finish or much like he was even trying to finish in that fight.

Mir and Lesnar, im disappointed...Lesnar is still just big and strong and plays donkey kong on peoples face. the fight was pretty boring.

\

and then Lesnar gets up and yells at a guy he just pummeled...come on now...show some class....

and his big "promo" or rant seems like it was cut from the WWE and completely retarded. If Dana White wasnt a "bad boy" himself and this was any other league Lesnar would be facing discipline from the commisioners of any other major sport i can almost guarentee it.