The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

Calgary Stampeders 2009

George Bush our offensive coverage sucks. The pocket broke often and easily. Burris didn't play great either, but he played well enough considering how brutal his receivers and his coverage played.

George Bush our offensive coverage sucks. The pocket broke often and easily. Burris didn't play great either, but he played well enough considering how brutal his receivers and his coverage played.

i was disgusted last night and stopped watching.

im very upset with labinjo, who had a coming out party in the playoffs, is the only mainstay returning defensive lineman, has a serious chance to play for a team with a chance to repeat...they signed him to a new contract....and he cant put the effort to come to camp in as good or better shape as he left last year? thats disgusting...your a pro athlete and when people say your coming to camp overweight im thoroughly disappointed....i know coaches that would cut players for such a poor effort.

i was disgusted last night and stopped watching.

im very upset with labinjo, who had a coming out party in the playoffs, is the only mainstay returning defensive lineman, has a serious chance to play for a team with a chance to repeat...they signed him to a new contract....and he cant put the effort to come to camp in as good or better shape as he left last year? thats disgusting...your a pro athlete and when people say your coming to camp overweight im thoroughly disappointed....i know coaches that would cut players for such a poor effort.

I actually thought Labinjo was the only good dlinemen last night. He's the only one that was able to get his man, tie him up and let his backers make a play which is what the Stamps are after. Everyone else let the Als oline pick and drive them off the ball.

I didn't hear he came into camp not in good shape. I think the problem is people know who Labinjo is now. They are game planning for him and he needs to adjust, but he's been slower to adjust than they hoped. He's going to be faced with double teams all season. Thats why i'm dissapointed that the Stamps didn't do more to increase their opposite dline position.

But no one was sharp last night, so I don't think any one person a area can take blame. Defnece was pathetic in the first quarter and most of the first half. I have no idea what Chris JOnes was thinking. Offence was not sharp either. Too many badly run routes and Oline was not solid. However, the Stamps were very banged up. They were down 2 Olinemen 2 receives, 2 DBs. starting MLB and were up again a healthy Als team.

I missed the 4th quarter. 5:30 comes early and that was one long game. I liked the comeback and we looked good holding back the momentum swing, but I guess we ran out of gas, oh well, bring on Winterpig!

Don't forget guys, that MTL team is a damn good one. The Stamps were looking good and I thought were going to take that game and then the turnover. That broke their spirit and they lost the game. The boys will rebound in Winnipeg. GO STAMPS!!

Ouch quite the rebound in Winnipeg....

4 turnovers, the d chose not to show up once again

Time for Huff to set them straight and get these boys fired up

I almost turned off the Winnipeg game. I got excited when Burris ran in and pulled off the 2-point conversion, but to give it away again on our next drive was horrible! I can't say I blame Burris for all the picks, but that was just embarrasing. Oh well. bring on T.O.!

Very early. However, I'm hating the lack of urgency to get better. If they have in their heads that last year they turned things around they are toast.

Experience is over rated. You have to go out and get the things you want. What happened in the past is irrelevant. Having said that it may just be with the changes they aren't gelling. Despite efforts to improve, the learning curve is steep. Look at BC.

The Stamps should act like the lost the Grey Cup last year and be hungrier. Not recall how they won.

Woohoo! Stamps win

44-9

Touchdowns by

Dwaine Carpenter (fumble return)

Brandon Browner (interception return)

Dwight Anderson (interception return)

Joffrey Reynolds [2] (reception, running)

The defense finally showed up for last night's game and what a welcome sight that was. Great pass rush and secondary coverage. Joesph, I don't think, had more than 10 plays where he wasn't hurried or the Stamp's D made some kind of contact on him. On the offensive side Hank had a hell of a game and if it hadn't been for Toronto's D (who had a pretty good showing as well) the score could have been even larger.

Way to go Stamps! Keep it coming!

By the way, was it just me or were the refs letting Toronto get away with a lot of penalties? My voice is hoarse today from all the calls "I" made. ph34r.gif

TSN is reporting that Ken-Yon Rambo is done for the season.  Not good news for the Stamps although the receiving core stepped up to the task last game after Ken-Yon got injured.  Let's hope Huff keeps these guys focused.  Get well Ken-Yon, looking forward to seeing you next season.

Burris is still a great quarterback, there's no doubt about that. Tough loss for the Stamps, but there's still 13 more games left in the season for them to pull it through. As for the Riders, credit Durant for the win, that was a pretty gutsy play by Getzlaf in the dying seconds of the game. Looking forward to the rematch later this season, they always put on an entertaining show.

^^^

Its really dissapointing that their offense is costing them games. That last play of the game was a blown coverage, and a brutal call by D coordinator Chris Jones IMO, but at the same time if their offence converts and 2 and 2, they keep the ball, waste probably another minute off the clock and put Sandro proably bewtween 5-10 (or more) yards closer. That was the game. You ahve to convert a 2nd and 2 when your protecting a lead and they didn't, especially with the offence they have. I know their line is still gaining form because really they've only been together and intact for 2 games this season, but they have to do a better job. They made that first down, they win the game. If if they went for the field goal and missed, they would have had jsut over a minute to drive almost the whole field, as its likely the run back woudln't have been as big becuse cover team would ahve had less ground to cover.

Offense was a little better tonight however the O Line has to improve. Burris is getting rushed and hit way too much imo. The disappointment for me tonight though was our secondary. Way too many missed tackles and stupid penalties, that's just not going to get it done. However they pulled out a win that got closer in score than it should have and I guess that's what counts in the end.

I actually thougth the secondary was good. the front 7 was not in the 2nd half. The Bombers Oline abosluted dominated the Stamps front 7 in the 2nd half. I think i've seen CIS teams play better football than that Stamps front 7. Was not suprising to see Reid rack up as many yards. Stamps need to do a much better job in the trenches.

Very fortunate to win the game, and still are not close at all IMO to being considered an elite team in the CFL.

I'm glad we have Burris behind the wheel.. I haven't really even followed the Stamps that much since Flutie/Garcia.. I know thats a long time, but Burris is giving me shades of those times.. i've kinda gotten back into it

I actually thougth the secondary was good. the front 7 was not in the 2nd half. The Bombers Oline abosluted dominated the Stamps front 7 in the 2nd half. I think i've seen CIS teams play better football than that Stamps front 7. Was not suprising to see Reid rack up as many yards. Stamps need to do a much better job in the trenches.

Very fortunate to win the game, and still are not close at all IMO to being considered an elite team in the CFL.

Couldn't agree more.  On a side note, it's nice to see my favorite team in the East, Hamilton, doing so well.  They have a very dangerous looking team right now and I think they will give Montreal a run for their money this year.

Oh boy... was that ever a nerve-wracking game, I thought the Stamps were finished as soon as Burris threw the interception (stupid play call by George Cortez, I don't know why he decided on that play).

Oh well..... time for the Battle of Alberta next week!

Why, oh why, oh why, can we not stop the run all of a sudden? What is with the two-safety system? It worked

for a couple plays, but that 1 less guy on the front has been killing us for the last two games. We got away with

it vs. WIN, but last night, when you are playing (arguably) the best QB in the CFL this year, you won't be so lucky.

It only took the first quarter for the Eskie D to wake up, then after that we were at their mercy. I sure hope

Jones has some new tricks up his sleeve, 'cause if not, it may cost his job.

IT has nothing to do with the two safety system. Its all fundamentals. The D line is doing a brutal job, plain and simple. YOur D line is not just about pressure and collapsing the pocket. They need to get off blocks and eat up all the O linemen so linebackers can be free to make plays. Winnipeg and Edmonton were both able to get blockers into the 2nd level (linebackers) and take a linebacker which equals to an automatic big gain because when you play man to man the corners are not in a position to make tackles in the run game. It doesn't help when they dont' tackle well either but its all fundamentals not personel.

I've bee concenred about the Stamps d line right from training camp and IMO Barker and Huffnagel are to blame. Eddie Freeman last year was a force inside. He was eating a block or two and letting linebackers make plays. What did they do? they cut him for smaller players. The Stamps D line doesn't have the strength inside they need. They focused too much on a pass run and not enough on size and strenght and now they are paying for it.

And yes I am aware of Mike Labinjo, and there is no doubt him being out has significant reprocussions in terms of run defence. But my answer to that, is to me you have a serious fundamental problem if 1 player can be lost and your entire defence crumbles. So i don't buy that for a second that labinjo healthy makes all the difference. If thats the case, the Stamps had a poorer off season that even I thought.