The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring Back Sutter!

No its not.

What do you suggest then? We have a game tonight that gives us EVERY oppurtunity to get a "W" and to end our road troubles, coming in against a team that is on a 6 game losing streak, and we screw it up late again and lose again. I hardly think its the players, we have all the tools, so where lies the problem? When IS it fair to fire Playfair? When we lose another 5 games and are out of a playoff spot? Theres some players having big years and we may not get to keep all of them, this could be a big chance for us to win a cup and right now its all getting screwed up.

No its not.

What do you suggest then? We have a game tonight that gives us EVERY oppurtunity to get a "W" and to end our road troubles, coming in against a team that is on a 6 game losing streak, and we screw it up late again and lose again. I hardly think its the players, we have all the tools, so where lies the problem? When IS it fair to fire Playfair? When we lose another 5 games and are out of a playoff spot? Theres some players having big years and we may not get to keep all of them, this could be a big chance for us to win a cup and right now its all getting screwed up.

Same thing I suggested when people were freakin' out 10 games into the season...patience.

Playfair will only have to worry about his job IF the Flames don't make the playoffs. Sutter has confidence in him, and if you were watching during the intermission tonight, Ken King also has confidence in him.

No its not.

That's the problem with everybody's thought process. Just because this team is so talented, it's like they can do no wrong or something. Trust me, this team did not play with enough urgency or energy tonight.

Kipper needs to make that last save, it wasn't a difficult shot to stop for him. When there's 3 forwards and 1 defenseman, he knows that is when he needs to focus the most, and he didn't on that last one. It went five-hole, cleanly.

No its not.

Same thing I suggested when people were freakin' out 10 games into the season...patience.

Playfair will only have to worry about his job IF the Flames don't make the playoffs. Sutter has confidence in him, and if you were watching during the intermission tonight, Ken King also has confidence in him.

Flames missing the playoffs isn't that far of a stretch.

All it takes is Oilers to go into a mini hot streak, flames to keep losing on the road, and then the flames will be on the links this April.

All it takes is Oilers to go into a mini hot streak, flames to keep losing on the road, and then the flames will be on the links this April.

The Flames making the playoffs isn't that far of a stretch either.

Playfair won't be fired over something that "might" happen.

The Flames making the playoffs isn't that far of a stretch either.

Playfair won't be fired over something that "might" happen.

Oh, he's not gonna be fired the reminder of the season. He doesn't have to worry about that.

He should be fired though in the off-season if we don't make the playoffs, or get completely killed in the first round (which he probably would still keep the job however...) This performance from the team is completely unacceptable.

Yep. It's definitely fair to say it. The team has a self-imposed 2-year window and if this man is allwoed to run the team the way he has, that window's gonna get slammed on their fingers. The team is talented enough and has the horses to get it done; the coach is costing them. Pure and simple. The Special teams are a joke. The continuous chokes in the last few minutes of the game are a joke. The road record rivals Bill Maher for gut-busting laughs. The coach is screwing this team; he has no spine. Get someone else. Anyone. And bring the kids up. And bench Friesen, Amonte, and Nilson.

Oh, he's not gonna be fired the reminder of the season. He doesn't have to worry about that.

He should be fired though in the off-season if we don't make the playoffs, or get completely killed in the first round (which he probably would still keep the job however...) This performance from the team is completely unacceptable.

Its his 1st season as a head coach. If you expected perfection (or even near perfection), then you set yourself up for disappointment.

IS IT FAIR THAT JAROME GET BENCHED ON A ROAD GAME? AND TEACH HIM THAT SHOWING UP FOR THE THIRD PERIOD ONLY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE??? :D

Yep, that would definately send that message.

IS IT FAIR THAT JAROME GET BENCHED ON A ROAD GAME? AND TEACH HIM THAT SHOWING UP FOR THE THIRD PERIOD ONLY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE??? :D

I've actually wanted this to happen for awhile now, because there is no way that he doesn't get it, he had 5 shots in the third period alone and was a force, with that effort in the first and second the outcome would have been different, players watch their captain and follow.

Its his 1st season as a head coach. If you expected perfection (or even near perfection), then you set yourself up for disappointment.

Perfection went out the window in the first games of the season, I just expect him to make this team to play to potential, and he shown he can't.

Too bad thats a message Playfair doesn't have the balls to send and we all know it. I would love to eat my words here, I really would.

Too bad thats a message Playfair doesn't have the balls to send and we all know it. I would love to eat my words here, I really would.

He's benched enough players who knows who is next on the list:

Bean

Ritchie

Amonte

Nilson

Ference

Warrener

Susan

Juice

..... now we need to add a big name to that list, Tangs won't work, Langkow is fine on the road and so is Juice so that leaves Iginla and Lombardi, but Iginla would send a bigger message.

Playfair has to stop worry about the offense, we have that coming out of our ears, he needs to concentrate on strengthening our game in our own end and giving Mikka a chance to show why hes a great. We used to own teams in our end, and now we look like we're Atlanta. If he lets our defense stagnate for the rest of the season, then I think it's a reasonable request to oust him.

Playfair has to stop worry about the offense, we have that coming out of our ears, he needs to concentrate on strengthening our game in our own end and giving Mikka a chance to show why hes a great. We used to own teams in our end, and now we look like we're Atlanta. If he lets our defense stagnate for the rest of the season, then I think it's a reasonable request to oust him.

We didn't have that offense tonight which would have been the difference in the game, the shots were way low just 22 so the D were doing there job, I found most of the turnovers came from the forwards, and it's not like the forwards were scoring either.

Bean

Ritchie

Amonte

Nilson

Ference

Warrener

Susan

Juice

..... now we need to add a big name to that list, Tangs won't work, Langkow is fine on the road and so is Juice so that leaves Iginla and Lombardi, but Iginla would send a bigger message.

Only Juice and maybe Warrener really stand out on that list. Yes there needs to be a big name to add to that but I dont think playfair has the balls to bench the captain, I really hope im wrong... He needs to show hes serious now or these problems wont stop untill they are golfing and we are watching other teams make their runs :(

Bean

Ritchie

Amonte

Nilson

Ference

Warrener

Susan

Juice

Iginla had 9 shots, 3 hits, 1 takeaway, played 22+ minutes and was double shifted several times in the 3rd period. What possible justification could there be to bench your captain?

Firing Playfair is not gonna change a thing right now... I don't put all the Blame on Him,.. this team just does not have the heart of a Vancouver., or Minnesota, they look simply beatable almost every game.. pisses me right off... axing the Head Coach will not make them Better.. not this late in the Game anyways.. They have to pull their crap together and start earning their Fans respect again!

Bean

Ritchie

Amonte

Nilson

Ference

Warrener

Susan

Juice

Iginla had 9 shots, 3 hits, 1 takeaway, played 22+ minutes and was double shifted several times in the 3rd period. What possible justification could there be to bench your captain?

It would be a statement that nobody is safe for one, not even the captain, would make players think alittle about how much effort they put in a game. This is what great coaches do, motivate players any way possible, is playfair a great coach?

Bean

Ritchie

Amonte

Nilson

Ference

Warrener

Susan

Juice

6 shots in the third period, and was invisible until the third, bench him.

You could see that the team was playing with a concerted effort to get back in their own end and play a 1-2-2 forecheck in the neutral zone. We saw Darryl sutter hockey today. We allowed 22 shots and how many were quality scoring chances? Like two, maybe three? Phoenix was just very fortunate tonight. 2/3 goals were very stoppable.