Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
The_People1

COVID-19 and NHL

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

Ouch.  Tough to please.  We could've wore a bullet proof vest though.  Not like we didn't see it coming.

You contradict yourself..  We had a bullet proof vest (32,000 pound of medical supplies and protective gear) but we gave it to China.

This ( 30000 medical masks, 10000 sets of protective clothing, 10000 goggles and 50000 pairs of gloves, followed by N95 medical masks) is a far cry from 32,000 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

You contradict yourself..  We had a bullet proof vest (32,000 pound of medical supplies and protective gear) but we gave it to China.

This ( 30000 medical masks, 10000 sets of protective clothing, 10000 goggles and 50000 pairs of gloves, followed by N95 medical masks) is a far cry from 32,000 pounds.

 

While I appreciate that the "Bank of China" did a good deed with the donation, it is also good PR for them as they have 20 branches in Canada...   Somehow they had access to buy theses goods from sources in China, while Canada itself did not have the same access to purchase them on their own...   Several orders have been made that haven't been filled yet...

 

China itself has done Jack Satoshi to repay Canada in kind for our donation of medical supplies to them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Carty said:

 

Seriously Peeps?...   Common consensus says this Wuhan virus originated with a Horseshoe bat, and then was transferred to humans through an intermediate host like a Civet cat... 

 

 https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

 

 

Bear bile does actually have some medicinal value, but they need to look towards alternatives including artificial bile synthetic compounds... 

 

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2016/4305074/  

 

Keeping bears in small cages to collect their bile from a "tap" is primitive and cruel...

 

Possible.  I'm just keeping an open mind about it.  We may not know the truth for another couple years... just like 9/11, you gotta follow the money.  

 

The Bio-Weapon Angle:

 

China released it on purpose... From Stalin to Mao, never underestimate the Communists willingness to kill whoever it takes to maintain an iron fist over its population.  Also, China has the world's largest number of baby boomers... retired and leeching off government welfare... this virus is lethal against the elderly.  What a convenient way to lower the number of dependencies to help balance the budget easier.  I know, sick right?  Also, China may have lost the trade war with the USA so this virus is an excuse to push failed economic decisions onto a scapegoat.  OR lastly, they knew it would spread to the West... they know they can contain it because of a central planning government.  They know the West would struggle...

 

China released it accidentally... Quality control in China is always suspect.  Very possible this is a bio-weapon that leaked from the Wuhan bio-research lab.  The Soviets had Chernobyl.  Wuhan may be China's Chernobyl.

 

Sabotage... Cannot discount this because many Chinese want to free China from the Communists.

 

Spy job... USA (or another foreign agent) wanted to hurt the Chinese economy following a nasty trade war.

 

It Was Brought To China Angle:

 

Like conundrumed alluded to earlier, USA was reporting one of the worst flu seasons in history back in October/November.  Very possible Patient-0 came from the USA (either knowingly or unknowingly) and China just happened to be the first country to isolate and identify the virus.  Wuhan became the epicenter by some unlucky circumstances.  Covid-19 could have origins in the USA but was cast off as just another bad flu in the USA.

 

Bats and Pangolins Angle:

 

Ya, the mainstream narrative at the moment.  But as far as we know, bats are cooked before eating.  Cooking/heat kills Covid-19.  Pangolins are cleaned and processed.  Like i said, they've been doing this for hundreds of years.  It's just odd timing that now is the time.

 

Anyways... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

You contradict yourself..  We had a bullet proof vest (32,000 pound of medical supplies and protective gear) but we gave it to China.

This ( 30000 medical masks, 10000 sets of protective clothing, 10000 goggles and 50000 pairs of gloves, followed by N95 medical masks) is a far cry from 32,000 pounds.

 

Our bullet proof vest was closing the borders earlier.  We also have health officials telling us masks don't work to prevent us catching Covid-19 despite good evidence to suggest it stops carriers from spreading it around their environment.  Had masks been mandated in public places, anyone with Covid-19 cannot spread it.  It's just as good as wearing one to protect yourself from catching it.

 

The situation in Canada didn't have to come to this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Mr Johnson has been warned by scientific advisers that China’s officially declared statistics on the number of cases of coronavirus could be ‘downplayed by a factor of 15 to 40 times,’” The Daily Mail reported. “And [the British government] believes China is seeking to build its economic power during the pandemic with ‘predatory offers of help’ [to] countries around the world.'”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Bats and Pangolins Angle:

 

Ya, the mainstream narrative at the moment.  But as far as we know, bats are cooked before eating.  Cooking/heat kills Covid-19.  Pangolins are cleaned and processed.  Like i said, they've been doing this for hundreds of years.  It's just odd timing that now is the time.

 

The Wuhan virus is not the first virus to happen this way, and if the exotic animal markets continue, it won't be the last time it happens either...

 

The markets are crowded with cages full of different kinds of animals, side by side and stacked on top of each other...   The animals can also easily spread a virus among each other in those conditions...   Animals that do not live together in the wild...   Ideal conditions for a virus to mutate and evolve...

 

You can go into one of these markets crowded with different animals, pick one, and they will chop of its head on the spot, using the same chopping block for different kinds of animals without the block even being cleaned...   The butchers often don't even wear gloves, and then they just wipe the blood off their hands on their aprons...   (I can post a video here if you would like)

 

The virus is transferred to humans long before the meat from an animal has a chance to be cooked...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Carty said:

 

The Wuhan virus is not the first virus to happen this way, and if the exotic animal markets continue, it won't be the last time it happens either...

 

The markets are crowded with cages full of different kinds of animals, side by side and stacked on top of each other...   The animals can also easily spread a virus among each other in those conditions...   Animals that do not live together in the wild...   Ideal conditions for a virus to mutate and evolve...

 

You can go into one of these markets crowded with different animals, pick one, and they will chop of its head on the spot, using the same chopping block for different kinds of animals without the block even being cleaned...   The butchers often don't even wear gloves, and then they just wipe the blood off their hands on their aprons...   (I can post a video here if you would like)

 

The virus is transferred to humans long before the meat from an animal has a chance to be cooked...

 

I know.  I'm not discounting it.  It's very plausible but suspiciously convenient for whoever benefits from this. 

 

Very early on, American scientists reported Covid19 had HIV injected into it and that it was extremely unlikely something like that could have happened naturally.  The virus was therefore likely created in the lab.

 

There's even an official lawsuit against China for releasing this bio-weapon against international law.  Suing China for $20-trillion.  They must have some good evidence right?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

“Mr Johnson has been warned by scientific advisers that China’s officially declared statistics on the number of cases of coronavirus could be ‘downplayed by a factor of 15 to 40 times,’” The Daily Mail reported. “And [the British government] believes China is seeking to build its economic power during the pandemic with ‘predatory offers of help’ [to] countries around the world.'”

 

My personal hunch is China has/had upwards 2-million infected and 100k deaths.

 

That said, since awhile ago, they've been welding apartment doors shut so people are forced to quarantine.  Full lockdown.  Roaming the streets is punishable by death so everyone literally obeys martial law and stays home.

 

As a result, the numbers China has reporting recently are likely accurate.  Roughly 50 to 100 new cases per day under those circumstances is possible.  Though, ya, they under reported significantly early on.

 

But saying China is predatory right now is to say Canada was predatory towards China in February, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I know.  I'm not discounting it.  It's very plausible but suspiciously convenient for whoever benefits from this. 

 

The effects of this virus could have been minimized, but China made this a global problem by dropping the ball...   Millions fled from China including places like Wuhan and Hubei province before China finally decided to admit there was a serious problem...   and then they started to spread the virus all over the world...

 

China is already positioning themselves to try and be the ones that come out ahead with their economy while the rest of the world still has to deal with this...   They will try and get back to manufacturing items they have a monopoly on and ramp up production as soon as possible, and they will also seize the opportunity to increase production on items needed to deal with this crisis "in order to help", but at the same time they will be attempting to maximize an increase of their GDP to facilitate their 50 year plan for global domination...

 

Any country that accepts financial aid from China will be selling part of their soul, whether it be connected to loans, or any sales that are business related (including property)...   and they will be helping China along with their 50 year plan at the same time...

 

It's already quite obvious which country will benefit from this...   and that is what will happen unless the rest of the world collectively says no to China's tactics, and then also rightfully holds them accountable for this crisis...

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Carty said:

 

The effects of this virus could have been minimized, but China made this a global problem by dropping the ball...   Millions fled from China including places like Wuhan and Hubei province before China finally decided to admit there was a serious problem...   and then they started to spread the virus all over the world...

 

China is already positioning themselves to try and be the ones that come out ahead with their economy while the rest of the world still has to deal with this...   They will try and get back to manufacturing items they have a monopoly on and ramp up production as soon as possible, and they will also seize the opportunity to increase production on items needed to deal with this crisis "in order to help", but at the same time they will be attempting to maximize an increase of their GDP to facilitate their 50 year plan for global domination...

 

Any country that accepts financial aid from China will be selling part of their soul, whether it be connected to loans, or any sales that are business related (including property)...   and they will be helping China along with their 50 year plan at the same time...

 

It's already quite obvious which country will benefit from this...   and that is what will happen unless the rest of the world collectively says no to China's tactics, and then also rightfully holds them accountable for this crisis...

 

Well, there's so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin other than to say I think you've got some China bias that's clouding your objectivity of the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure no one is sitting on pins and needles, but from an official standpoint the league is mandating self isolation until April 15th. They've extended that 3 times now. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cross16 said:

I'm sure no one is sitting on pins and needles, but from an official standpoint the league is mandating self isolation until April 15th. They've extended that 3 times now. 

 

 

 

The season is done.

 

And next season may not even start in October.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The_People1 said:

 

The season is done.

 

And next season may not even start in October.  

 

Well you could say that next season would begin after this one actually finishes.

I'm not saying when, just that they are as likely to finish this season as cancel it.

Too many things tied to it.

Let's say it's November that teams could begin play.

I know it's problematic, but the alternative is a wasted season and a bunch of loose ends to figure out.

Draft, deals tied to season, UFA's, lost revenue, player exoerience tied to the expansion draft....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

 

Well you could say that next season would begin after this one actually finishes.

I'm not saying when, just that they are as likely to finish this season as cancel it.

Too many things tied to it.

Let's say it's November that teams could begin play.

I know it's problematic, but the alternative is a wasted season and a bunch of loose ends to figure out.

Draft, deals tied to season, UFA's, lost revenue, player exoerience tied to the expansion draft....

 

Ya UFA will be most complicated if the season resumes in September as a tourney and then immediately begins the next season in November.  Some players are literally going to win the Cup and then switch jerseys and play on another team the next week and still attend the Cup parade. 

 

Technically, all players contracts end April 15... I'm sure the union will be okay extending that but for how long?  Players don't get a regular salary during the playoffs... Should this be different in a September playoff?  ....which would feel more like a preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 1:11 AM, The_People1 said:

Well, there's so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin other than to say I think you've got some China bias that's clouding your objectivity of the situation.

 

Do I have a bias against the tyrannical communist government of China?...   Absolutely, and so do millions of people that live in China...   China lied, people died...

 

One of my best friends for the last 30 years came from China, he came to Canada as a teenager, and he shares the same views that I posted...   and so do other Asians that I know, including neighbors...   

 

My bias is not racial, it is directed towards the government of China, and it is based on easily verifiable facts...    I do not choose friends by their race...   I have Asian friends, and that will never change...   None of this is their fault... 

 

Up to 80 percent of the 300,000 rapid coronavirus test kits ordered that the Czech Republic ordered from China are not working properly

 

https://www.praguemorning.cz/80-of-rapid-covid-19-tests-the-czech-republic-bought-from-china-are-wrong/

 

Spain, Europe's worst-hit country after Italy, says coronavirus tests it bought from China are failing to detect positive cases

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-spain-says-rapid-tests-sent-from-china-missing-cases-2020-3?amp&r=US&IR=Tutm_source=msn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=msn-story&utm_campaign=bodyurl

 

The Netherlands has recalled 600,000 coronavirus face masks it imported from China after discovering they were faulty

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/the-netherlands-has-recalled-600000-coronavirus-face-masks-it-impo

 

 

So it is not 'my' bias that is clouding my objectivity, maybe you should take a closer look at your own bias...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carty said:

Do I have a bias against the tyrannical communist government of China?...   Absolutely, and so do millions of people that live in China...   China lied, people died...

 

...

 

So it is not 'my' bias that is clouding my objectivity, maybe you should take a closer look at your own bias...

 

Well, you are admitting you have a bias against them.

 

Honestly, every government in this world is tyrannical.  There is only an illusion of freedom in the West and an illusion of choice at the ballot box, especially at the Federal levels.  What's left of freedom in the West is slowly being stripped away from us day by day. Covid-19 is a tragedy that few governments in the West will let go to waste...

 

Then the famine began, and the people of Egypt cried out to Pharaoh for relief. Pharaoh instructed them to speak to Joseph, and Joseph opened the granaries and began his distribution program. 

 

As the famine continued, eventually the people of Egypt ran out of money, and so Joseph allowed them to pay the government in livestock for grain. Then even the livestock ran out, so that the people then signed over their land. Thus all land other than those of the priests of the Egyptian religion became crown property.

 

They can print unlimited money but they still need our tax dollars?  No, this is not about tax dollars.  For awhile now, this is about bankrupting what's left of the middle class and the enslavement of the plebs.  Lose our freedom to assemble.  Lose our freedom to move around.  Lose our freedom of speech.  They want all of us to live on government handouts so we can be controlled.

 

 

Do you believe MSM headlines like this? 

 

The most sophisticated and well funded intelligence agency in the entire world did NOT know China was lying about their numbers and the severity of the virus UNTIL NOW??  Trump downplayed the severity of the virus 3 weeks ago but is slowly changing his tune?  Come on man.  You and I are not US Intelligence and we knew China was lying all the way back in January.

 

They knew Carty.  They knew the moment the Chinese knew themselves (or even sooner).  They didn't tell us.  They allowed the borders to be opened.  They sent away all of our medical gear to China.  And they still tell us, don't wear masks despite it correlating very well to a pause in outbreaks in places like HK, SG, Taiwan and even in China.

 

Kind of can't blame them because with zero cases back home, no one would oblige to shutting the borders and locking down at home.  Now that it's bad, now we beg for our freedoms to be taken away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 9:16 AM, Carty said:

Do I have a bias against the tyrannical communist government of China?...   Absolutely, and so do millions of people that live in China...   China lied, people died...

 

One of my best friends for the last 30 years came from China, he came to Canada as a teenager, and he shares the same views that I posted...   and so do other Asians that I know, including neighbors...   

 

My bias is not racial, it is directed towards the government of China, and it is based on easily verifiable facts...    I do not choose friends by their race...   I have Asian friends, and that will never change...   None of this is their fault... 

 

Up to 80 percent of the 300,000 rapid coronavirus test kits ordered that the Czech Republic ordered from China are not working properly

 

https://www.praguemorning.cz/80-of-rapid-covid-19-tests-the-czech-republic-bought-from-china-are-wrong/

 

Spain, Europe's worst-hit country after Italy, says coronavirus tests it bought from China are failing to detect positive cases

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-spain-says-rapid-tests-sent-from-china-missing-cases-2020-3?amp&r=US&IR=Tutm_source=msn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=msn-story&utm_campaign=bodyurl

 

The Netherlands has recalled 600,000 coronavirus face masks it imported from China after discovering they were faulty

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/the-netherlands-has-recalled-600000-coronavirus-face-masks-it-impo

 

 

So it is not 'my' bias that is clouding my objectivity, maybe you should take a closer look at your own bias...

 

You knew I had to tweet this at you today,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

 

You knew I had to tweet this at you today,

 

 

This wouldn't even be a story if Comrade Justin hadn't sent our stock pile of N95's to China in Feb.

 

Right or wrong in OUR POV Trump is putting the mask on first before being concerned about others outside his borders. Like I said before if we had a leader this wouldn't be a story.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 12:56 PM, The_People1 said:

You knew I had to tweet this at you today,

 

Fortunately that problem has already been rectified...   https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/3m-makes-deal-with-white-house-says-canada-will-continue-to-receive-n95-masks/ar-BB12epPE?ocid=spartandhp

 

Huge mistake for Trump and and any administration that was on board with trying to cut Canada off from the supply of N95's...   It was a knee jerk reaction and short sighted...   Even though they are the bigger dog in a fight, there was no way it could last more than a few days due to interdependence...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/nhl-playoff-scenarios-run-the-gamut-of-where-when-and-how/ar-BB12eIgH?ocid=spartandhp

 

NHL playoff scenarios run the gamut of where, when and how

 

Shorts and skates don’t usually mix. Maintaining NHL-quality ice in August or holding a Stanley Cup Final in September? Those are far from the norm, too.

 

 

With the NHL playoffs, which were to begin Wednesday, on indefinite hold because of the coronavirus pandemic, anything and everything is on the table if Commissioner Gary Bettman’s objective to complete the season is to be realized.

 

What the format will be, when play might realistically resume and whether the NHL might require games at neutral sites — how’s North Dakota sound? — is anyone’s guess.

 

“Those are all fair questions but not ones that we have to resolve right away,” NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly told The Associated Press by email, likening the situation for the league to a "a multi-faceted puzzle.”

 

Over the weekend, the governors of New York and California both tamped down President Donald Trump’s hope of sports resuming in August. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said: “I would love to see sports back to help with cabin fever. … But this is not about hopes and dreams and aspirations and what you would like to see.”

 

The NHL, which postponed play March 12, has several times pushed back its self-quarantine guideline — it's now April 15 — before players can even think about reporting to team facilities. The date is expected to be extended again.

 

Wherever and whenever the Stanley Cup is awarded, one thing will still hold true as far as Pittsburgh general manager Jim Rutherford is concerned.

 

“Whoever wins it, it is going to feel the same whenever they win it, on whatever day they win it, as it would winning it normally in the middle of June,” Rutherford said.

 

The latest the Cup has ever been awarded is June 24, in 1995 and 2013, with both instances following lockout-shortened seasons. The pandemic, however, has no timetable.

 

That leads to questions over whether the NHL will have time to squeeze in any of the remaining 189 regular-season games to determine seedings, or skip directly to the playoffs based on the current standings, be it based on total points or points percentages.

 

In the percentage scenario, the ninth-place New York Islanders would have the edge over the eighth-place Columbus Blue Jackets in the Eastern Conference. In the West, seventh-place Winnipeg would be the odd team out with Vancouver in.

 

Other possibilities include expanding the playoff format to take into account the uneven amount of games teams have played.

 

The various formats led to amusing exchanges between players during recent video calls.

 

“I’d rather start the playoffs right away,” said Alex Ovechkin, whose Washington Capitals lead the Metropolitan Division. He then laughed and said, “Sorry guys,” referring to the other three players on the call.

 

“Don’t say sorry to me," Blue Jackets captain Nick Foligno said. "We’re in a playoff spot.”

 

New Jersey defenceman P.K. Subban proposed a 31-team format — every team in the league — which might be the only way the Metropolitan’s last-place Devils qualify.

 

Others raised the need to play as many regular-season games as feasible to preserve the integrity of the playoffs, as well as a need to re-acclimate to the speed and intensity of the action.

 

The need for tune-up games was not lost on Oilers captain Connor McDavid. Edmonton faces the prospect of opening the playoffs against Calgary — a rivalry that featured several penalty-filled regular-season matchups already this season.

 

“I don’t think you can just step into the playoffs, Game 1, have Calgary come to Edmonton and guys just run around and kill each other and haven’t played a game in two months,” McDavid said.

 

Flames captain Mark Giordano noted the playoffs would be additionally competitive because teams would feature healthy rosters, given the amount of time players have had to rest and recover.

 

And don’t forget the goalies.

 

“You can train and practice and stuff, but when you get to camp, I find the NHL shot and speed of the game is something you have to catch up on,” Vegas goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury said. “It would be nice to have a few to get back in touch.”

 

Foligno raised a concern over the number of games some players might have to play over a calendar year should the playoffs stretch into September, and the following season being a month or two later.

 

“You’ve got to think about the longevity of guys’ careers and their health as well,” Foligno said. “Any idea is worth it at this point. But we’ve got to think about how we’re going to go ahead here and smartly both on the business side and the health side.”

 

With the pandemic affecting regions of the continent at different times, the NHL is also considering having playoff games played at neutral sites. Sportsnet.ca reported over the weekend that North Dakota has been mentioned as a potential site.

 

A person familiar with discussions told the AP the Buffalo Sabres' two-rink downtown practice facility, and connected to their home arena and full-service hotel, has also been mentioned among the numerous options raised. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the talks are private.

 

The Sabres sit 13th in the East and aren't expected to qualify under most playoff scenarios.

 

Jets coach Paul Maurice was on board for any scenario, so long as it meant providing fans a distraction.

 

“God, it’d be playoffs with fresh hockey players and it’d be pretty darn exciting,” Maurice said Monday. “We’d play anywhere.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 7:57 PM, Carty said:

 

Fortunately that problem has already been rectified...   https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/3m-makes-deal-with-white-house-says-canada-will-continue-to-receive-n95-masks/ar-BB12epPE?ocid=spartandhp

 

Huge mistake for Trump and and any administration that was on board with trying to cut Canada off from the supply of N95's...   It was a knee jerk reaction and short sighted...   Even though they are the bigger dog in a fight, there was no way it could last more than a few days due to interdependence...

 

 

Thanks.  Ya I wasn't trying to say you were racists but I believe there's something more sinister being conspired, at least, on some level.

 

With masks finally being recommended, I'm now confident we can beat this virus in 4 weeks.

 

That will take us to mid-May.  Give the NHL a week to finalize all plans to resume the season or start the playoffs immediately.  The season might be saved after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...