The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
rocketdoctor

FLAMES @ Canucks - Saturday 13 February 2021

What if we had agree instead of likes. I agree with those who say things when I like what they say. I don’t like what is happening but like what you say...

It isn’t looking good. The Canucks players are getting confident and you can see it in their game. 

let’s see what next game looks like.

Tough night for Monahan. That’s a bad turnover. 

but this is a deserved result. Canucks were the better and hungrier team for basically the entire game. 

I hope Ward can watch the film and learn that this is not the way this team is destined to play and stop with this passive defend the middle garbage. Damn I really wish the flame had hired an actual head coach. 

• Like 3

I would really like to see what Calgary's controlled zone entries and exits stats are under Ward vs Peters. I have a feel like there would a be a drastic difference.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

I would really like to see what Calgary's controlled zone entries and exits stats are under Ward vs Peters. I have a feel like there would a be a drastic difference.

they alluded to it in that piece you posted on Tanev. Flames were one of the worst teams in the league last year. We’re one of the better ones under Peters

Well, that was... expected? 

After this one it looks like Markstrom will be taking the ice bath solo. 

I know it’s easy to get down on your team but that was a hell of a game the Canucks played. Give them a ton of credit as they were very good with no real let down all night. 

I don’t think Calgary’s effort was poor, they just did not respond well or adjust. Canucks knew exactly what they wanted to do and their was no plan B. 

coaching staff has some work to do 

Such a wasted Markstrom performance tonight. Maybe it’s time to put Ritter in there next game so the team can learn how win as a group rather than on the back of just the goaltender.

The 2 man forecheck killed the flames. Weak on the boards. 3 absolutely useless power plays. Slow n sloppy. Where is the heart? We have no forecheck or pressure.  Frustrating game to watch.  Where are the flames that were hard to play against?

Obviously won’t win them all but you have a team coming in lost their last 6.... the last thing you want is to give them confidence....  the past 2 games... the flames gave them that back, the next 2 games are going to be difficult.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I know it’s easy to get down on your team but that was a hell of a game the Canucks played. Give them a ton of credit as they were very good with no real let down all night. 

I don’t think Calgary’s effort was poor, they just did not respond well or adjust. Canucks knew exactly what they wanted to do and their was no plan B. 

coaching staff has some work to do 

The effort and execution were both poor and of course they didnt adjust or push back when they going gets tough , standard flames